Effective Notes Layouts? (1 Viewer)

vel0city

HSC
Hello,

I struggle to make effective and visually pleasing notes; what are some effective layouts for notes that you use?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

HSC
Well I think the most effective way someone taught me to make effective visual pleasing notes was, rule your page into 3 sections first section you have key points and ideas on the side of the page use maybe a different colour these are usually dot point notes like this

- Dot point one
- Dot point two
- Dot point three
Then in the middle section of your page you write general notes and underneath that section you write a summary of ideas and conclude what you learnt that lesson

This website will help http://www.ncpsk12.com/webpages/kgray/index.cfm?subpage=1049885 :D

Good luck

Flop21

HSC
Hello,

I struggle to make effective and visually pleasing notes; what are some effective layouts for notes that you use?

Thanks.
Font - calibri size 11

Bold headings

Use 1 colour if needed on bolded headings

Use regular round dot points, go into the line spacing options and increase that a bit so there's a bit of space between each dot point.

Bam perfect notes. TIP: make a style each for the above ^ heading, paragraph, dotpoints

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally use segoe ui or century gothic; size 10 or 11.
I used a different colour scheme for each topic. Major words were in a different colour to the theme colour (for physics the theme colour was purple, the headings were all green or red for practicals; the major words were put in blue). Key concepts like formula/very important definitions/concepts I put in special coloured textboxes.

see attachment for details: View attachment phys-sample.zip

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I personally use segoe ui or century gothic; size 10 or 11.
I used a different colour scheme for each topic. Major words were in a different colour to the theme colour (for physics the theme colour was purple, the headings were all green or red for practicals; the major words were put in blue). Key concepts like formula/very important definitions/concepts I put in special coloured textboxes.

see attachment for details: View attachment 32691
Can you please explain how to do it just like you had in your sample? :(((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)