English Paper 1 - Thoughts (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Mathew587

HSC
I went pretty shit to be honest. Think I did better in trials *sigh*

Section 1 was ok but annoying how there were only three texts.
By section 2 paragraph 2, my hand was ded. I sat there for three minutes and massaged tf out of it "tenderised tf out of it"- snowflek
Section 3 was pretty shit as well lmao. The stimulus wasn't bad just that I took too long to write because of my arm.

All in all probs got 13+11+10= 34/45= 75% *fml*
Would have done better if I didn't tire my hand out so early. Worked too hard for this :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I went pretty shit to be honest. Think I did better in trials *sigh*

Section 1 was ok but annoying how there were only three texts.
By section 2 paragraph 2, my hand was ded. I sat there for three minutes and massaged tf out of it "tenderised tf out of it"- snowflek
Section 3 was pretty shit as well lmao. The stimulus wasn't bad just that I took too long to write because of my arm.

All in all probs got 13+11+10= 34/45= 75% *fml*
Would have done better if I didn't tire my hand out so early. Worked too hard for this :(

At least Engrish Paper 2 is weighted 60%?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Everything was alright except creative for me. I didn't get to finish it :/

Sp3ctre

HSC
I didn't finish section one, because the texts were weird. I recon I'd get at least 5 - 10 marks

Good bye band 5
Same with me, it took so long trying to pick out the techniques and analyses that I didn't get to finish the last question, only included 4 quotes :/

BlueFreckles

HSC
The essay was fine because it was basically my trial question and worked well with what I had planned. The creative was a bit of a challenge but I managed to use my planned one with a few minor changes. However, the short-answer section completely messed me up. It's really annoying because in the trial I got full marks and am usually very good at it. However, I struggled to work with the 3 texts provided and messed up a lot of my answers. I wrote a lot for them but they weren't good at all. I don't think I can possibly get more than 10/15. I'm about to study very hard for Paper 2 tomorrow to make up for it.

HitoKage13

HSC
looking at about 13+11+14, Section 1 wasn't too hard but I did not use the image provided (forgot lol) and hope it doesn't drag me down and sprinkled bs for the 6 marker too. I've always been bad at creative and the essay question worked /very/ well with my preplanned essay. Overall 4.5, 6.5, 7 pages for the respective sections

Snowflek

HSC
yeah totally!! as we left my friend brought that up and i thought that maybe they wouldnt put a photo in unless they wanted some sort of reference?? maybe a answer that was a amalgamation of literary and visual techniques?? god knows
Didn't the question ask for language techniques?

Infernal3

HSC
I didn't get to finish the last question of the short answer :( But creative and the essay were alright

Probs 9+13+13

HSC
Didn't the question ask for language techniques?
Yeah, I didn't mention the soccer goal in the 4-marker because it asked for language specifically, but I talked about it in the 6-marker. I honestly think they put it there to trip people up with the 'language' thing.

jjHasm

HSC
For a band 6 in English what would you need raw for that exam? I have no clue how I went but I'm glad I got my essay done first and finished creative and Short answers with 5 minutes to go.
combined with paper 2, around 80 percent, if were lucky, and the exam seemed to be harder than previous years, then high 70s (78-79), thatd get u around a 90 examination mark

HamBurr17

HSC
N/A
I'm a bit confused by how the English papers are marked.
I know they are out of 45 and 60 marks each (is that what raw marks mean?)... how is that changed to a mark of 100?

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
I'm a bit confused by how the English papers are marked.
I know they are out of 45 and 60 marks each (is that what raw marks mean?)... how is that changed to a mark of 100?
Paper 1 gets scaled down to 40

So basically its (Your mark)/45 x 40, and then added onto paper 2's 60

-Hey--

HSC
N/A
Hey guys quick question regarding paper 2 (standard) are they able to ask for two related texts in Mod A and Mod C?

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
HSC markers, mark easier than independent

HSC markers are actually on your side.

Previous cohort in our school, the highest mark for bio was 65 percent

Cue the HSC we had 10 band 6s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)