Exam hints and Tips!! (1 Viewer)

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Just like the thread from last semester :p

So not too long to go people, just two week left!! :eek:

I dunno bout u guys but im really feeling the pressure now... and the fear of failure...

List your subjects here, and maybe someone whos done that subject can give you hints n tips bout the final exam!!! :D

mine,

ACCG101
ACCG253

BBA250
BBA213
(doubt anyones done my last two though)

RIZAL

HSC
Only 3:

ACCG353
ECON201
MATH133

my tip for accg253: Know that it is possible to have any mix of debt and equity in a portfolio so long as the proportions sum to 1. i.e. For a given amount of capital, it is possible to have -1 (-100%) in debt and 2 (200%) in equity as -1 + 2 = 1. You are not restricted to having positive amounts of debt and equity. Negative amounts are achieved by shorting the chosen asset.

It may not sound like much, but this would have helped a lot of people in our final.

The_Adonis

HSC
Hey here's a question...
I noticed you are doing 101 and 253

I am currently doing 105..
My question is....
What higher accg subjects besides 101 can i do with 105..
200? 250? 253....
or will i have to wait until 2nd semester next year..
bit confused...

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
thanks isaaq ... the final exam for 253 has changed to 100 m/c though, so im not sure if any hints r gunna help, but il keep that in mind! :)

and Adonis ... if you have done accg105, then you can do all of those subjects you named in first semester next year... just check the prerequisites and offerings in the handbook to make sure.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ahst101
phil131
phil134
psy105

i'm most worried about the format of phil131. its worth little, but the questions might be hard...weh

ahst101 should be OK seeing that we have essay questions before-hand.

psy105 -ive always hated multi-choice

phil134.. prob ok, but i am a week behind on the content already..

stress...stress..stress...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
holy shit, you're in two of my subjects and yet i dont know who you are :D

ahst 101 is easy
phil131 if 132 was going on anything, was a synch :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thank you. no changes for me which suits me fine.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
is accg101 similar to accg100, in terms of the type of exam, in terms of its predictability, in terms of can someone tell me what the last one was like. :D

oh and econ111, is like an essay per section a good idea, like 110?

my other 2 are stat170 and acst101. they shouldnt be too bad. just do all the past papers you can for them 2, imo.

i think if comparisons can be made somehow to subs we have done, it will be uber cool. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ACST243, ECON201, STAT271

My Exam Hints and Tips: If it's a Pink paper, get a copy of it and know it inside out. And if that fails, drink some water and get some sleep.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
anyone remember the questions from the accg101 exam? last semester of course:D [if someone knows from this semester PM me NOW!]

flamin'

ACCG101

All I remember is the Statement of Cash Flows question. To get it to balance you have to fiddle with some tax or depreciation or something.

My advice is, if you can't get it to balance almost immediately then don't worry... Many people in our year didn't get it to balance.

Most of the question's were theoretical questions as well.

A few general journal entries for something....

and creating some T accounts... so make sure you remember how to do that... (from ACCG100)

Conceptual Framework was also in there... some short answer questions about ratios...

I don't recall anything about balancing cash flows or bank reconciliation... though i could be wrong....

ACCG101 was easier than ACCG100 I think... so don't kill yourself over it....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's only "easier" if you actually "did" ACCG100. If you didn't, it isn't easier at all.

flamin'

flyin' said:
It's only "easier" if you actually "did" ACCG100. If you didn't, it isn't easier at all.
Don't you NEED to do ACCG100 to do ACCG101? Like it's a prereq... It wouldn't make sense to do Accounting 1B when you haven't done Accounting 1A...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, I meant actually studying Accg100, as opposed to relying solely on Pal and doing no more work.

*hopeful*

HSC
accg101 seems harder than accg100, well 2 me neway

so deres no inventory system questions like fifo n lifo ?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
lifo and fifo is sooo the easiest ...

cash flows is so hard.... im dieeing atm with cash flows :(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i dont mind having to do the inventory stuff. pretty routine.

kinda getting the hang of cashflows. anyone learning the t account way or just the formula way? i find t account way better, makes you understand a bit more.

to make things a bit complicated, i reckon they might have bad debts expense that we have to take care of. basically anything that'll affect your a/c rec, a/c pay, etc. accounts. things like discounts, gst[that'll be a pain...confusion central]

flammin, can you be a little specific, if you can remember, about the problems with balancing your cash flows? just the jist of it, if your memory allows you to.
taxation- you mean that you forgot to calculate the income tax and/or tax liability?
depreciation- this one i'm a bit confused. cant quite see it.
thanks ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)