• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exam hints and Tips!! (1 Viewer)

flamin'

For the cash flows question they'll just give you a statement of position and performance I think. From memory, there will be something like company tax or something like that (not GST though).

Depreciation... well.. there's always depreciation in any account so you will have to adjust for that.

I recommend the T account method. Thats much easier than remembering forumlas - and you can't stuff up the formulas if you just use the T account method. Either way you will have to remember your T accounts because I remember a question on that... like representing doubtful debts and account receivables on T accounts.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
yeh i heard from sum1 that there isnt gst ... i dunno bout doubtful debts n stuff tho

did u know our tutor is havin this special lesson just for cash flows at 9am this week?

... i dont even know how to do lifo and fifo :( , grizzly should tutor me :p
ooh! the many quirks of going to tutes! :p
is it just on the thursday at 9 in the our normal tute room?

fifo and lifo are the easiest things in there. i hope they put in a moving avg, if anything, i dont think people would have learnt that the best.

flammin, i agree wholeheartedly about using T accounts. they ARE easier than using the formulas.

with depreciation, is it that carrying cost business when you sell a non current asset?

flamin'

I can't remember... probably just adjust for depreciation or something. I can't remember.

Most likely when you do the cash flows first time around you'll be out by something like $1400... I remember I was out by something like that... so I just fiddled with the accounts somewhere and tried to find something that added to $1400...

But once again, don't waste too much time on it.... The actually statement itself isn't worth that much in marks - just know what it implies.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
... i dont even know how to do lifo and fifo :( , grizzly should tutor me :p
U'd wun away if i said hi :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I just realised JPN123 major essay is due on monday this week...NOT NEXT

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I just realised JPN123 major essay is due on monday this week...NOT NEXT
hahaha
YOU GOT SERVED!:p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Update: Finished essay :D

Minus sleep. But meh :D

HSC
Econ111
Torts103
Stat170
Comp123

and yeah i'm aware that half my subjects are meant to be easy... for everyone else.
oh if i only had a brain... :(

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
Econ111
Torts103
Stat170
Comp123

and yeah i'm aware that half my subjects are meant to be easy... for everyone else.
oh if i only had a brain... :(
dun need to study for 123 and 170 :p ..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Okay, this is going to be random (I found this entertaining... it's so sad). It's from WebCT:
*** said:
To the staff of the Econ *** department,

I am disgusted and appalled by the unprofessional and incompetence of the econ *** essay marker ‘**’ (markers signature).

Her/His ‘smart allek’ personal comments, and hence attempt in trying to ridicule me as student is outrageous. How dare this person go out of his/her way in making such comments. Whas this person intoxicated when marking my essay? The lack of constructive
criticism is shameful.

It further seems ** doesn’t know what a well constructed essay is.

A question mark is placed as to the professionalism and competence of the Macquarie university essay markers.

I will be taking this case and issue to the lecture in charge, and if needed further to higher authorities. The student has rights.
Note that names and initials have been removed to protect the privacy of certain individuals involved.

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
flyin' said:
Okay, this is going to be random (I found this entertaining... it's so sad). It's from WebCT:

Note that names and initials have been removed to protect the privacy of certain individuals involved.
LOL, im guessing that from ECONx01 :p

Wow man, the worst post in webct made was by my friend in stat170 - saying that our lecturer was not qualified and just read the lecture slides. (He typed it in broken english which made it even funnier)...after that about 2 stat faculity members started to flame him lol..how his comments are taking seriously and if there is any problems he should resolve them with the lecturer..lol
it was eric for the ppl who know him :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Grizzly said:
LOL, im guessing that from ECONx01 :p

Wow man, the worst post in webct made was by my friend in stat170 - saying that our lecturer was not qualified and just read the lecture slides. (He typed it in broken english which made it even funnier)...after that about 2 stat faculity members started to flame him lol..how his comments are taking seriously and if there is any problems he should resolve them with the lecturer..lol
it was eric for the ppl who know him :p
lol to the above webct post

grizzly - was that last semester?

because if it was that guy, what he didn't mean it? it was some entertaining drama on webct and it got people talking about how... stupid.. someone could be to type that when there were lecturers reading the boards.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
iambored said:
lol to the above webct post

grizzly - was that last semester?

because if it was that guy, what he didn't mean it? it was some entertaining drama on webct and it got people talking about how... stupid.. someone could be to type that when there were lecturers reading the boards.
Yes, was last semester -
he was serious ... but he still got a HD in it (gpa 4.0 man :eek:)....
i said that to him too, obviously he didnt think of the embarrasing consquences when he eventualy apologised on the board.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah so i read that, lol, that was very funny, jenny typed about the lecturer, then the lecturer typed about herself, then some students started a thread.. good times on webct

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
alex said that there would be long or short answer question from the conceptual framework topic...will they be like the ones from ch17 (like exam for 1a?)
also how many tutes are you allowed to miss in 1b? (like for 1a i think it was two)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)