Exercise books/binders/notepads (1 Viewer)

Cardea

HSC
I've always had one display folder for each year stuffed with everything - reports first, exams second, then assignments and finally notes at the back. Junior years didn't really comprise of much, so I found that one display folder was enough.

For this year though, I had a display folder for each of my subjects to put my notes in. And binder folders with past exams and other notes. I'm a huge freak about organisation, lol. I'm still thinking about next year though.. not quite sure how I'm going to do it. I find that I really like using looseleaf paper, but I'm just afraid they'll get lost or something. I'll most likely use a display folder for each subject, and separate ones for different modules and exercise books to go for each as well. I don't think I'll carry any binders next year, I'd rather put everything in my bag instead of having to lug a folder around.

suzlee

HSC
I'm curious, do we need two separate exercise books for maths adv and extention?

smushieex

HSC
want2beasenior said:
how's this sound:

A display folder for worksheets and an exercise book for each subject for class work. For study an individual binder with loose-leaf for each subject?
That actually doesn't work for me.
Unless you're super organised and date ALL of your worksheets.
B/c this year for food tech I had a display folder for worksheets and an exercise book and when it came time to write notes, it took me ages just to get everything sorted. I had to know what worksheets went with what notes etc etc.
Meh, it could work for you though.

HSC
smushieex said:
That actually doesn't work for me.
Unless you're super organised and date ALL of your worksheets.
B/c this year for food tech I had a display folder for worksheets and an exercise book and when it came time to write notes, it took me ages just to get everything sorted. I had to know what worksheets went with what notes etc etc.
Meh, it could work for you though.
If my notes and sheets correlate then I write the heading of the worksheet up the top of my notes....

monokekie

HSC
N/A
In our school, each English student is required to bring a binder folder to every lesson. At the end of the day, I would just take out the handouts i need from the folder to study at home and leave the folder at school, because its too heavy.

For maths subjects, I only use an A4 notebook for each subject to write notes. And I just do exercises on random scrap papers and throw into the bin. Handouts from teachers are always placed in a plastic pocket.

For Chemistry subjects, I only use a notebook for class, since our teacher occassionally checks our classwork. And like my Maths subjects, I do questions on random papers and chuck them away. Important notes are kept in a folder at home.

For Accounting, I use nothing... except a folder to keep cheat sheets or some important classnotes. We don't have much notes, as i realiased it would be easier to just highlight the important notes on the book. It is a great way to save time and minimise errors due to spelling errors or random errors.

For Chinese, I keep everything in my Chinese-School bag.

For IT, which i have done last year and dropped in the end, i used absolutely nothing.

At home, I keep two folders. One for test results, school reports and inportant curriculum information. While the other one is divided into 5 subjects, and each subject's notes should be placed in them whenever a chapter has finished. This folder is there for CONSTANT REVISION, and is not for display =_=;

um...
can't think of anything else...

suzlee

HSC
monokekie said:
In our school, each English student is required to bring a binder folder to every lesson. At the end of the day, I would just take out the handouts i need from the folder to study at home and leave the folder at school, because its too heavy.

For maths subjects, I only use an A4 notebook for each subject to write notes. And I just do exercises on random scrap papers and throw into the bin. Handouts from teachers are always placed in a plastic pocket.

For Chemistry subjects, I only use a notebook for class, since our teacher occassionally checks our classwork. And like my Maths subjects, I do questions on random papers and chuck them away. Important notes are kept in a folder at home.

For Accounting, I use nothing... except a folder to keep cheat sheets or some important classnotes. We don't have much notes, as i realiased it would be easier to just highlight the important notes on the book. It is a great way to save time and minimise errors due to spelling errors or random errors.

For Chinese, I keep everything in my Chinese-School bag.

For IT, which i have done last year and dropped in the end, i used absolutely nothing.

At home, I keep two folders. One for test results, school reports and inportant curriculum information. While the other one is divided into 5 subjects, and each subject's notes should be placed in them whenever a chapter has finished. This folder is there for CONSTANT REVISION, and is not for display =_=;

um...
can't think of anything else...

woahhhhhhhh thanks, that helped me a lot! In a motivation-for-organisation sense :)

monokekie

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
woahhhhhhhh thanks, that helped me a lot! In a motivation-for-organisation sense :)
Glad that i helped =] wish you all the very best.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, havent given a thought about organisation next year..but..

Im getting a Binder Folder for all my exercise books, and a display folder for each....i don't know about the loose A4 sheets, maybe i just stuff them in the binder folder when ever I need them. But I find normal A4 exercise books more convience, as I always date my work and stick everything in, apart from booklets that destroy my pages and as thick as..xD..

So, for maths, im just gonig to get a thicker A4 maths excerise book all ruled horizontally and vertically. And probably a display folder for it. And probably another normal A4 exercise book for it so I can summarise all the notes after every subtopic or so (makes it easier to study in my opinion).

For English, no doubt, I know exactly what I have to get. Since Im having the same English teacher for the 4th year<33...I know I have to get a resonable A4 excerise book, probably a VERY thick A4 display folder as we have so much sheets and booklets that half way through the year, the display folder is way too packed to stuff anything in it.

For Chemistry and Biology, probably an A4 Excerise book for each with more page and a display folder each. Because, I don't really know how it's going to work out.xD

For Legal, probably the same as the science subjects. Modern History though, I think it's the same as legal..xD

As for notes and all that, thank you some of you who help me decide by posting your thoughts in here. So, I probably buy a very thick binder folder, sleeves and A4 loose holed paper and tabs so I can separate all the subjects. I was thinking I am going to put the MOST important notes and sheets(photocopy) in there (according to subjects), so I can look back at them, or for safe keeping and easier to locate and revise.

Though, I have to say, another display folder for the timetable, photocopied many times, and spare for my friends who continuely lose their timetable..xD..err..awards and any other documents that are important..xD
SUCH AS THE HARVARD REFERENCING DOCUMENT, or any other important booklets and sheets that are helpful for completion of assignments such as referencing documents and other school stuff.

I think notepads are good too, *adds that to the list* but I think I'll mostly use them for working out maths questions that are extensive and requires alot of 'trial-and-error' work. Anywho, Chemistry would need a notepad too, for those ugly equations and diagrams..xD (although, i love Chemistry<3).

End of post..goodbye :) :wave:..and off to my hobby..>> :read: heh..lol<3

sundirtwater

HSC
got me thinking...
maybe one folder full of loose leaf paper divided into subject sections.
once finish topics, sort into seperate binders at home?

and a book (or buk (lol!!!!)) for maths...

and what are these display folder's everyone's loving?

morganjane

HSC
Throughout senior high I used the loose leaf paper and carried a hole punch for all handouts. I never ran out of paper and i could put small handouts into the binder where they fit appropriately with the lesson they pertain to.

It was also handy to carry a display folder incase a teacher, most likely in english, gave a handout that couldn't be hole punched, so it got slipped into the folder that followed me to school every day.

Except for maths, I had the A4 grid book for exercises which fit into my binder anyway, and used the loose leaf for maths rules.

At the end of each term, I'd buy some new display folders and slip all the notes from that term into, in order with all handouts ready for when i needed to revise.

But think about all the options presented and just see which one you prefer, its all an individual thing to what works best.

Good Luck in your senior studies.
God Bless
xXx

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
sundirtwater said:
got me thinking...
maybe one folder full of loose leaf paper divided into subject sections.
once finish topics, sort into seperate binders at home?

and a book (or buk (lol!!!!)) for maths...

and what are these display folder's everyone's loving?
I'm doing the exact same. Folder split into subjects with plastic sleeves and loose leaf and when I finish a topic is gets transferred to a subject folder at home.

I have no idea about maths. :S

HSC
I'm not doing maths next year, but my year 10 teacher told us that if you do advanced/extension you need a whopping big grid book and a normal lined exercise book for explanations/theory and then a display folder for worksheets and past papers.

That may be completely innacurate, but that's what my teacher recommended for yr 11

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
In junior years we always did all our work in grid books... but they get kinda messy and too small to do work in... I think I will only be using a grid book when I actually need to use one... then rip out a page and shove it in the sleeve in the folder :D

I'll do most of my equations and stuff on normal lined paper or plain A4 paper.

HSC
ummm... for the people who are using exercise books WITH disp folders.. wouldnt it be hard to like.. correlate the work? i think someone already said this before but seriously.. imagine studying off your exercise book, then needing to look for a worksheet in your disp folder..

wouldnt it be so much easier if u got an exercise book to write and stick in sheets???
or get a folder and get a whole bunch of loose leaf (reinforced) to write stuff in then punch a hole in sheets so you can put it in your folder...

personally, i think folders are much more efficient. then again, everyones different.

Rainie

HSC
Carry a ring binder to school filled with reinforced blank paper. Oh and those colour tab divider thingies help (get the plastic, not paper ones as they will break when you travel with your ring binder everywhere). And if you're especially rough and tear the reinforced paper, invest in some plastic sleeves. But for maths, just stick with those grid books.

Then..

Buy a lever arch file (if possible one for every subject in different colours if you wish) and then file your notes/worksheets/homework away! and you might also want to buy folder dividers for the lever arch, but this time you can buy the paper ones as you wont be needing to carry that huge folder around school :)

That's my method of how I arrange my schoolwork :D

HSC
haha thanks!
thats what i was planning on doing. still scared that reinforced paper are guna break and also worksheets are guna rip. plastic sleeves would help tho. just dont like the idea of having a million plastic sleeves in my folder... bad for the environment hahahahaha

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It all depends on the person and the subject.

For chem i know you get lots of sheets and you need to write at the same time. So for chem only i use a binder folder with the binder paper (plastic on the side so the pages won't break so easily) and plastic sheets which i can move when i need to.

For everything else it's exercise books and folders. There's always sheets that they give and i hate glueing =="

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
annabackwards said:
It all depends on the person and the subject.

For chem i know you get lots of sheets and you need to write at the same time. So for chem only i use a binder folder with the binder paper (plastic on the side so the pages won't break so easily) and plastic sheets which i can move when i need to.

For everything else it's exercise books and folders. There's always sheets that they give and i hate glueing =="
I totally agree. Gluing things is soo frustrating! It's very easy just to use a binder folder with reinforced plastic sleeves and put paper in them... You can organise it how you want and things won't get lost!

I just hate using glue! Thankgod, maths doesn't have hand outs.

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I totally agree. Gluing things is soo frustrating! It's very easy just to use a binder folder with reinforced plastic sleeves and put paper in them... You can organise it how you want and things won't get lost!

I just hate using glue! Thankgod, maths doesn't have hand outs.

untill it comes to exam time when a tsunami of past papers come your way, burying you alive. but yes, i agree... i hate glueing things in. VERY annoying!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)