Extension English (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
um sparknotes? man you 07ers are slipping COME ON its only the best website in the entire world

anyway i would say yeats - the second coming

or basically any of the poems in the prescribed poems for yeats under module b of the hsc. mm except for when you are old thats a poem from the romantic period.

plus there's resources for yeats everywhere if you know how to find ..

i hope you fail :p stickers are so immature :uhhuh:

*emi*

HSC
I'm pretty sure we're doing text, value and culture in english xt at my school. We're doing frankenstein all year and i think focussing on the topic "man and monster" - my school is very very vauge about what we are actually doing!!
Had to hand in creative story based on one of the themes/values/ideas presented in frankenstein - i chose role of parent
Have to write an essay these holidays on frankenstein and two movie versions (whale and branagh) and compare them in relation to context. Not exactly sure what that involes- very VERY vague teacher, only guidlines were focus on the values of the period. Whale was 1930s i think, and Branagh 1994 so if anyone has any ideas what i should put in, or any good sites on context let me know!!
thanks heaps
btw- this is my first post, still trying to get the hang of it haha!! loving the resources section hahaha!! its great to get different notes so you can compare because different textbooks have different perspectives.

- Em xx

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
My previous maths teacher had scented markers.
was she asian? :rofl: (you know how every adolescent asian girl owns at least two sets of nice-smelling pens) or better yet was she biased i.e. subjectiv :p

subjectiv said:
pft. they were scented. i know you want one.
yeah i mean i totally <3 scented stickers. i could get high off the smell :uhhuh:

get back to your prelim work or you won't get any stickers

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
you know i had "asian GIRL" in my post didn't you?

i totally didn't edit as well :uhhuh:

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
was she asian? :rofl: (you know how every adolsecent asian owns at least two sets of nice-smelling pens) or better yet was she biased i.e. subjectiv :p
i bet you were made in korea, just like her scented pens. i'm asian but the only nice smelling thing i own is my hair. haha!

bobness said:
yeah i mean i totally <3 scented stickers. i could get high off the smell :uhhuh:

get back to your prelim work or you won't get any stickers
i'm doing it now. :(
[FONT=&quot]
In prose, Modernism is associated with attempts to render human subjectivity in more authentic ways than realism: to represent consciousness, perception, emotion, meaning and the individual’s relation to society through interior monologue, stream of consciousness, tunnelling, defamiliarisation, rhythm, irresolution and other techniques.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]i want to die. anyway, time for chaser's war on everything. go turn on ABC.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
subjectiv said:
i bet you were made in korea, just like her scented pens.
seoul is awesome. red devils rock.

subjectiv said:
i'm asian but the only nice smelling thing i own is my hair. haha!
did your mummy tell you that? i'm sorry she's wrong :p

subjectiv said:
i want to die.
please don't thats a very Romantic-influenced concept (you know, how the Romantics believed that the whole purpose of existence was to die a mortal death where one experiences a sexual awakening prior to their final breath? study yeats and study chopin the awakening if you want to find out why)

in modernism you would immortalise your ideas in the medium of art (literature etc) so that even after you die, future generations can appreciate your work vs. postmodernism where appropriation and intertextuality is rampant.

subjectiv said:
anyway, time for chaser's war on everything. go turn on ABC.
was that to me? now someone make me study :(
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
I would say something comforting, but then I don't want to look like a stalker :eek:
ZOMG STALKER!!

come on, no point crying over spilt milk. the whole point in me saying all that was because ahem .. really why would you want to be known for having great smelling hair?

its all well and good - which i'm sure would make your mummy really proud :) - but at the end of the day, i'm sure subjectiv you're a great person notwithstanding the aroma of your follicles. serious business internet forums do have some sarcastic people (like me!) but if you can come up with intellectual rabble on modernism, then you can sure as heck hold your head up high and say *nerrrrrrr, i do have nice-smelling hair and stickers, lol-wtf-bbq-in-the-night-sky random guy*

07ers are a funny bunch :eek:

jazzmuzik

HSC
Hey, My school's pretty small and i'm the only one doing extension english (we had 3..)

I'm studying Gothic literature atm...we read frankenstein, edger allan poe stories, and watched interview with a vampire...still working on these. btw can anyone tell me what are the choices for study for year 12?

passion89

HSC
jazzmuzik said:
Hey, My school's pretty small and i'm the only one doing extension english (we had 3..)

I'm studying Gothic literature atm...we read frankenstein, edger allan poe stories, and watched interview with a vampire...still working on these. btw can anyone tell me what are the choices for study for year 12?

There are three different modules you can do:
Module A - Genre
Module B - Texts and Ways of Thinking
Module C - Language and Values

Because I'm doing Genre, I'll tell you more about it :p (You are doing genre at the moment because you're doing gothic fiction in prelim)
My school is doing Crime Fiction which is to do with...crime fiction lol

As part of the genre module, you can also do Revenge tragedy, speculative fiction and something else that I can't remember.

Genre (and more specifically, Crime fiction) is the most popular so there are a lot of resources out there if you do do that at your school.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Modernisn and post-modernism in Ext.? Crazy people. We do that in advanced, doing "Modern Mythology" in ext. with structuralism post-structuralism etc.. We're doing speculative fiction in year 12, but I stand by me saying; You're all a bunch of nutters.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
greycats said:
You're all a bunch of nutters.
couldn't have put it better myself.

tragic hero's a popular one i hear. zomg doesn't ANYONE here do fairy tales? and critical readings of them?

it was hawt finding out that jack and jill tumbling down the hill is symbolic of rough copulation and the fact there is a hill is representative of the female .. anatomy.

on second thoughts .. avoid fairy tales :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I'm doing Visions of the Future/Utopia.... It's kind of wierd, but in a good kind of way even though all of our discussion usually turn back to the same one point or branch off into many different areas that have nothing to do witht he issue at hand :p.

We have a Visual Representation/Speech due on Wednesday... I haven't started yet because I STILL have no ideas.... I'm scared about his one :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)