Failed my Ps. (1 Viewer)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
i stopped at all my give ways because the vision was pretty poor. i don't think it's a bad thing at all.

CieL

HSC
In my test, I rolled up slowly towards the give way sign regardless of if the vision was good or poor.

I didnt want the examiner to think I didnt see the sign, or think it was a stop sign.

I generally just creep out [not over, or not too much over the dotted line] if the vision is poor. I don't think I ever really come to a complete stop at a give way sign if there is no oncoming traffic.

bvl

HSC
man i failed my test because of over confidence. i didnt indicate when going from single lane to multi lane road, and the road changed between the two a few times. plus i supposedly didn't do obsveration too well.

couple of hints-when doing head checks really emphasise them. i've talked to a few people, and it seems thats the fail flavor of the month. also anyone doing the test at wetherill park-when you pull out of the centre make sure you indicate when you chose a lane just outside of the shops. right at the start.

bvl

HSC
also why are you doing the test in a different car? easiest way to fail. get to know the car your doin it in, until you know the pedals and gears.

isabella-j

HSC
N/A
^ where did you do the P test @?
i failed my cos i went out too much
scored 92%

jas62

HSC
Well yesturday after waiting for about 40minutes to take my test i fail but oh well . I thought i fail about 10minutes into the test i nearly pulled out in front of a taxi but stop so i didn't lose any points but i was stop over the line. Everything seem to happen people walking across the road without looking trucks parked over half the road grrrrr!! But i got 97/110 which is like 88% with no fail items i lost about six points because i steered with the inside of the steering wheel i didn't even realise but serious i thought i was going to get like 50% i was shaking but she said i was a really good driver but i know next time i will pass!! well i know what to do to pass.

frontman

HSC
Can someone clarify this for me. If a single lane road diverges into a two laned road I must signal which lane I am going in. But if the two lanes merge do I signal again?

Pace_T

HSC
correct me if im wrong people
but if your lane splits into two, you only need to indicate if you're not going to cross a broken line. sometimes there are no lines to cross at all and somtimes theres an unbroken line.

jessyy

HSC
frontman said:
Can someone clarify this for me. If a single lane road diverges into a two laned road I must signal which lane I am going in. But if the two lanes merge do I signal again?
iv always been told to signal again.

Danmiff

HSC
i just had a lesson and to remember everything he sed - cuz im a fairly shit driver - i wrote it down after i got home. so mayb some of these tips could help anyone doin their test soonish.
and i know its a bit repetitive but i was trying to remember everything he said.

Indication:
- needed for lane changes
- roundabouts (on and then indicating left off)
- three point turns (indicate left to pull over to the far left side for max room, indicate right for five seconds when leaving the curb, don’t worry about reverse indicator, then indicate right when in first gear again)
- on specific turning lanes to let pedestrians know.
- 5 SECONDS WHEN LEAVING CURB
- 3 seconds when changing lane
- leave the light on no longer than 5 seconds when changing lane
Roundabouts:
- wait till completely clear
- can go if the people entering have their indicators on to turn off before you enter
- enter in second gear so don’t have to worry about changing gears halfway through
- if there is a pedestrian crossing enter into roundabout but very slowly so u can give them time to cross or finish crossing
Turning right at lights with oncoming traffic:
- commit to the turn
- do not turn wheels until going all the way (so stay straight and committed until actually following through)
- watch for pedestrians, wait till there are none there – can go even if green pedestrian light is on but nobody threre
Turning right with no oncoming traffic (T intersection):
- still look but does not have to commit to turn
- if there are pedestrians, you can turn up to the crossing, wait until they leave, and then continue.
Stop signs:
- must wait three seconds
- then can move forward to further check for traffic
- if nobody there can move off
general Turning:
- always check over shoulder, no matter what
- always indicate at least 3 seconds
- approach pretty much every turn in second gear to release pressure when making the turn
Traffic Lights:
- come to stop when line is no longer visible from seat
- indicate 3 seconds prior to turning
- always look both ways no matter what

curbside stop:
- leave car in first gear (if uphill) or reverse (if downhill)
- have car wheels straight
- indicate left when pulling over for 3 seconds
- look over shoulder when puling over
- indicate right for 5 seconds before pulling away

Others
- can overtake bicycles just watch ahead
- ALWAYS SCAN AND LOOK AHEAD
- Brake early
- Try not to have clutch in any longer than you need
- Second gear in most turns
- Whenever stopped, ALWAYS start off in first gear – unless you have sufficient momentum (i.e. at say more than 15km/h when obviously first gear would be a hastle)
- Plan ahead, if a turn is coming up, get into correct gear before hand.
- Drive at least 5km/h below speed limit
- Watch for school zones, buses letting of passengers (must slow down to 40) etc.
- A right turn is safe if you are off the main road 3 seconds before next car goes past

iEdd

HSC
1. It's 'kerb' in that context.
2. You can start in 2nd gear down a moderate hill. Just let it roll down with gravity as you let the clutch up. Even 3rd for some steep arse hills.
3. For stopping on hills, you can leave it in reverse or first either way. The car is no more likely to turn in either direction as both cause compression. If you wanted to be picky, use whichever gear (1st/rev.) has the highest ratio (3.x:1), ie. the lower gear. Also, pull the handbrake and make sure it is resting on the brake before you let the clutch up - better to wear the brake than transmission.
Good Luck.

kony

HSC
so what's the rule with indicating when going through a roundabout?

specifically, do you need to indicate if going forward?

and do you need to indicate left after indicating right when turning right?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
kony said:
so what's the rule with indicating when going through a roundabout?

specifically, do you need to indicate if going forward?

and do you need to indicate left after indicating right when turning right?
Don't indicate right if your going straight. That causes major confusion and possibly an accident. Don't indicate when going straight, and your intention is clear. Indicate off the roundabout (not too soon, or that can be a fail depending on the testing officer).

Remember to shoulder check before you come off the roundabout (for motorbikes and pushbikes).

AND, sitting at the give way sign at the entrance to the roundabout, check right. If anything's there, don't go. If it's clear, go.

Remember to check the left lane as you roll towards it, and check the next if your going right.

ALWAYS INDICATE OFF.

Last edited:

iEdd

HSC
Headcheck if you are on the inside lane of a multilane roundabout, any other case it doesn't matter, because if there is no lane next to you, there shouldn't be a bike or car there.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
iEdd said:
Headcheck if you are on the inside lane of a multilane roundabout, any other case it doesn't matter, because if there is no lane next to you, there shouldn't be a bike or car there.
But you get bonus points for checking for cyclists.

I got three bonus points by doing that :D.

iEdd

HSC
lol, you get more bonus points for hitting them. :p

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
I'm selling P1 licences for $100. IM me for details.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
Are you fucking kidding me? To the guy who IMed me with his deets, get fucked mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)