Fannys is for tryhards (1 Viewer)

HSC
The_highwayman said:
@ jumb: i get mine from BOS.
and national geographic

EDIT: The thing hancock used to always tell us is that the module is Gendered LANUAGE and not gender studies so we had to make sure we were always conveying differences through the way they spoke, what they said etc. it was a pain in the bum and didnt add depth to the story, but ultimately it got me marks and i guess that's fine.

I feel the same way about visual art. got top of the grade in yrs 9 and 10 but dropped it after that because i thought i couldnt compete. mum and dad were like "where's visual art gunna get you?" and i trusted their opinion. To be honest, i probably wasnt the most skilled artist, but i had only done really short-term projects at st peters so i dont think i really could be expected to be fantastic (still good enough apparently). I think i was pretty good at imagining and conceptualising things but less competent at bringing them to fruition. But where i was strong at art was my understanding of art theory and being able to write about it. i could whip up an art essay easy as pie.
But i did chemistry, biology, geography and maths and really only harboured my creative side in ext english in yrs 11 and 12.
NOW i wish i could go back and not choose subjects that were just good for a UAI but ones i actually enjoyed. That's why i'm doing biomed now, because i feel as if i'm too far behind people my own age to be able to enter a more creative degree. But ultimately, i want money to build a fantastic, minimalist house.
Just a clearing of immaculate green lawns surrounded by oaks, maples and pines, from which clean, white lines arise - its broad windows glittering with the reflections of it's own environment.
and pharmacy pays $$$ so that's why i'm going there.
Hmm, probably wouldn't have hurt you to give geo or bio the skip and do visual art.
I guess if you wanted to you could go and do a fine arts degree or something - it wouldn't be like those art kids who wrote an essay on a few pop artists and did one of those tacky majors with a bleedingly obvious message - chances are you'd be more intelligent then those dropkicks anyway.
As long as you're enjoying the course you're doing.

I'm a bit the opposite. My modern and advanced english teachers were less than adaquate - I spent half the year chasing up textbooks on germany and my marks there are not what they should be. I also missed opportunities to hone a better resume for myself - my team lost the law week debate, I didn't get prefect and missed out on a 10K scholarship. In hindsight I didn't get everything out of st marys I could have.

Dude minimalism is one of the most incredible artistic movements around. Let me know how it turns out. Also, I'll give you $10 if you can design a room with a coffeetable centre piece which, no matter where you move it, will always remain aesthetically pleasing.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
yeah, see i dont really enjoy uni. the main reason i go is because i've made some of the best friends ever and they keep me focused. the other reason is that i'm determined to not allow myself to waste the last three years of my life so i'm going to finish this degree.

$10 isnt worth it.

(also, does the room need to be aesthetically pleasing or the coffee table?)

HSC
The_highwayman said:
yeah, see i dont really enjoy uni. the main reason i go is because i've made some of the best friends ever and they keep me focused. the other reason is that i'm determined to not allow myself to waste the last three years of my life so i'm going to finish this degree.

$10 isnt worth it.

That's a little sad about your degree, man. You're still young though, you can change after this year! (I'm doomed for 5 years myself!)

And 10 bucks is, I'm cheap.

(Note: neither the room nor coffeetable be aesthetically pleasing, but the placement of it should be - eg you push it into the corner of the room and it looks just as good as if you rotated it and placed it in the centre)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
it would never be a match to you, m'lady
Hawt.

The_highwayman said:
Surely both.

What is with all this talk of missed opportunities and how haughty-taught our schooling was?

HSC
The_highwayman said:
oh, now i see the challenge.

my first thought is to make it adjustable, so that u raise/lower it and also fold it to make it more like a lamp table if u wanted...

would require some sort of cool space age material...possibly translucent?
I’d keep the table plain myself, probably a dark Scandinavian timbre on a cream carpet but that’s just me.

em_516 said:
What is with all this talk of missed opportunities and how haughty-taught our schooling was?

Dunno, the school highwayman and I went to was a really great school, it always bums me that I didn’t make the most of it. Care to impart your own woes ems?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
good night and good luck.
You too buddy :) I don't envy your exams haha.
I don't have any high school woes. Only that I never really thought about what I wanted and probably chose the wrong degree. I don't regret it in the sense that I love the people I did it with. But it's put me a bit of a dead-end and I need further study. Lucky I enjoy uni :eek:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Hey how was your exam?
Mine was sexhausting but pretty good I think :D One more to gooooooo, come onnnn! *Lleyton Hewitt*

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
yeah.
10 questions in all and i didnt answer one at all. but, neither did anybody else i spoke to so fingers crossed they just get rid of it. It was based on, like, 2 slides in lectures with no description, just a picture and nobody understood the stuff.

it was funny though. every time i finished a question i was like "done and done" and then i was like "aww damn i still have more to do"

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ha same. My lecturer told me he put extra questions in because people were leaving too early so I'm like 'pft piece of cake'..then half way through the exam I'm like 'FUCK FUCK FUCK so many more questions :|' coz I looked at the clock wrong :eek: So I rushed a bit but I still think I did pretty well.

UNE exams let you make notes either on the exam paper or in a rough notes workbook in the 15mins reading time. Holy crap it's awesome. Otherwise I just read the questions in like 2mins and then am waiting the rest of the time till I can pick up a pen. So jotting down a whole pile of notes while shit was still fresh in my mind was really helpful. Got some questions answered much quicker, yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)