favourite quotes? (1 Viewer)

xXeMoxXxCoRexX

you can't be half as emo
on a grassy knoll, overlooking the dregs of the lu
HSC
"'I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.' We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival." - Churchill

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Newton

"King Henry V: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day." - Shakespeare

"You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." - CS Lewis

"`God save thee, ancient Mariner !
From the fiends, that plague thee thus !--
Why look'st thou so ?'--With my cross-bow
I shot the Albatross." - Coleridge

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway." - Syd Barrett

"kill yo-self" - unique princess

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Everything we see in the world is the creative work of women. - Ataturk

The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast. -
Oscar Wilde

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving" - Mother Teresa

"You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor" - unknown

"Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives" - unknown

"Put your hand down! I'm trying to teach!" - school teacher

cmckie

HSC
" Live life fully while your here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Hve fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! Your going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Dont try to be perfect, just be an excellent example of being human."

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
The only acceptable form of revenge is phenomenal success - somewhere on this forum

see my sig for T S Eliot's quote, only thing I remebered from "The Chocolate Wars" books

god created us all equal, he just didn't insist we stay that way - ad for a jaguar (I think)

i may fly with the eagles then fall from their grace but at least i have flown - Brendan Nash

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
xXeMoxXxCoRexX said:
"'I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.' We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival." - Churchill
roflmao..
thats very similar to George clemanceaus [french president during ww1..]
'
‘You ask me for my policy. It is to wage war. Home policy? I wage war. Foreign policy? I wage war. All the time, in every sphere, I wage war’.

bloody copycats!
haha...
and onto churchill..
i quite love what ive heard of the fellow.. [mind you, i also like hitler, in a condescending kinda way... he's like this poor little bogan kid who gets power..if the academy would have accepted him.. things could've been different...]

anwyawy..
churchhill...
'We are all worms, but i do think that i am a glow worm!'
:)
[he was fat and he had speech impediments..but he still did the great things he did..

nichhhole

HSC
Red-Ink-Frenzy said:
"Just remember. Everytime you start bitching about or to me, I'm secretly giggling to myself remembering how much damn better I am than you." ~Myself

"...You are an idiot. Happy?" ~Myself

!!

nichhhole said:
lets get into the spirit of things.. and quote ourselves. and yes Red Ink Frenzy, just remember, i'm secretly giggling to myself remembering how much damn better i am than you...[even with ur ego..]
:santa:

Red-Ink-Frenzy

HSC
nichhhole - yeah, you're doing 4U maths and 4U English; of course you are better than me. Even I know when I am (and my associated ego) are beaten. But to save any further confusion, I shall take down my 'own' quotes. To the edit function!

Legham

HSC
Red-Ink-Frenzy said:
nichhhole - yeah, you're doing 4U maths and 4U English; of course you are better than me. Even I know when I am (and my associated ego) are beaten. But to save any further confusion, I shall take down my 'own' quotes. To the edit function!
Hooorah! Another win for the anti-quotingyourself team!

caseylee

HSC
Odetosimplicity said:
I have too many quotes that i like >.< here are a few..

"Liberate from what destroys you"

"Do one thing that scares you every day"

"Don't be afraid of the shadows, it only means there's a light nearby"

"smile...even through your tears"

"The harder you fall the farther you'll rise"

"It takes the night to bring out the stars"

"If you can't understand my silence, you will not understand my words"

"The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose"

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it"

"and light revealed herself to be the deepest darkness"

"He gave her 12 roses 11 real and 1 fake and said, “I’ll love you until the last rose dies”

aww that last one is so qute, i wish people did stuff like that in every day life, the world has no romance left

Kmahal1990

HSC
'When the going gets tough, the tough get going' - Origins uncertain.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither defeat nor victory." - Franklin Roosevelt.

I feel the later one is especially relevant in todays society, with news readers adding their worthless opinions into every story.

nichhhole

HSC
Red-Ink-Frenzy said:

haha my dear..
i was only being satirical :)

and one shouldnt be defined by the subject they do :p

ps. lets be friends, you did mock trial!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
P_Dilemma said:
why do you always add the '-P_D' thing in every post?

why don't you just have that in your sig :confused:
LOL, and why r u the only one with an issue with that?

To answer the question, i haven't got anymore space in my sig area, and i dun want to delete the story in the sig i currently have.

And hey, it's my signature move, signing off posts like that.

-P_D :rofl:

nichhhole

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
LOL, and why r u the only one with an issue with that?

To answer the question, i haven't got anymore space in my sig area, and i dun want to delete the story in the sig i currently have.

And hey, it's my signature move, signing off posts like that.

-P_D :rofl:
haha..
it's not annoying, just amusing.
we know who you are :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)