First impressions of yr 11 (1 Viewer)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Wait until you get to Year 12. You don't know what "screwed" means yet. :p
Haha yeah I can assume, that I'm gonna be like wtf was I thinking when I thought I would be screwed for year 11 ahaha, oh joy I will just tank the next few years + uni :D

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah I can assume, that I'm gonna be like wtf was I thinking when I thought I would be screwed for year 11 ahaha, oh joy I will just tank the next few years + uni :D
Hehehe, then it will be your turn to laugh at the next generation of Year 11ness.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Realisations in Year 11 for most people.

- Time flies. (WHERE DID IT GO?)

- Studying 24/7 is a no no. Even though you want to.

MiseryParade

HSC
Uneventful first day, got our blazers and timetable.

No one in the year has any free periods (at least to my knowledge). :( How great is that?

MX1 was fun fun, easy as hell, revising algebra. :p Our maths teacher doesn't give homework! Economics was terrible though because our teacher was droning on about something that I didn't quite catch, and I spent the entire double trying not to fall asleep. All in all, quite excited to be a senior. :D

wildchild666

HSC
I had my Chem teacher for science last year. She hates me.

EDIT:
Realisations in Year 11 for most people.

- Time flies. (WHERE DID IT GO?)

- Studying 24/7 is a no no. Even though you want to.
I don't WANT to study!

ShortSided

HSC
My grade is going to receive our first assessment task notification tomorrow lol

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
You guys are really making me excited for school I can't wait.

I just want to pace my self with studying do you guys think 2 1/2 hours per day of after school revision is good enough, because since I live like 20 minutes from my school by car and my dad works in the same suburb I usually stay out in the same suburb after school waiting for him to pick me up because I hate the bus system and it takes almost triple the time to get to where I live by bus as there is no train line. So I thought go to library for 2 1/2 hours everyday after school should that be good enough and that would give me time to rest at home or do more catching up.

wildchild666

HSC

I just want to pace my self with studying do you guys think 2 1/2 hours per day of after school revision is good enough, because since I live like 20 minutes from my school by car and my dad works in the same suburb I usually stay out in the same suburb after school waiting for him to pick me up because I hate the bus system and it takes almost triple the time to get to where I live by bus as there is no train line. So I thought go to library for 2 1/2 hours everyday after school should that be good enough and that would give me time to rest at home or do more catching up.
Study however long you need to in order to make sure you know your stuff. Don't overdo it, but don't be too laid back either.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
No burning out or crying after your first assessment task.

MiseryParade

HSC

I don't think revising for 2.5 hours daily would be very effective, unless you're really delving in and memorising the content off by heart or something. Setting a time-based schedule for yourself always turns out to be a bad move, so why not set yourself a content-based goal instead, such as "I'll revise the first five dot points from the syllabus that we've covered today and make notes on them"? That's my approach to Year 11 anyway, after miserably failing to get anywhere with the "I'll study for two hours today!" attitude over the holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)