First impressions of yr 11 (1 Viewer)

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Lol, I know the feeling :D But that also means, the quicker it goes, the quicker you'll be finished!!
lol I'd rather feel lots of pain through a small time frame than feeling little pain over a long period of time

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
:/
You guys started off with Chapter 4 right off the bat, while we are still doing Chapter 1 :/
But I think Chapter 1 is quite important (despite, the easiness usually) because having good algebra in 3U is SO important...
Chapter 1 (Algebra) is the best starting topic for good foundation! (You need top-notch algebra in 3U)
The bolded is so true.

Anyone wanting to practice difficult algebra questions, I recommend doing the extension section of 1C from the 3U Cambridge textbook.

These questions are good as they aren't tedious, but rather intuitive.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The bolded is so true.

Anyone wanting to practice difficult algebra questions, I recommend doing the extension section of 1C from the 3U Cambridge textbook.

These questions are good as they aren't tedious, but rather intuitive.
Yep, I recommend doing the 1st Chapter - 3U Algebra (if you skipped it) for solid foundation if you plan to do really well in 3U Mathematics!

On a different note:
For those doing Economics, how have you guys found it so far?
I've found it to be very interesting (probably the most interesting subject for me at the moment) even though some of the concepts start off as being a bit tricky.
Heard it gets way more interesting in Year 12 so yeah...

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Yep, I recommend doing the 1st Chapter - 3U Algebra (if you skipped it) for solid foundation if you plan to do really well in 3U Mathematics!

On a different note:
For those doing Economics, how have you guys found it so far?
I've found it to be very interesting (probably the most interesting subject for me at the moment) even though some of the concepts start off as being a bit tricky.
Heard it gets way more interesting in Year 12 so yeah...
For eco, it's going alright I've had about 2/3 Classes don't remember, but just going through an introduction of the key economic problems and stuff like possible production frontier graphs or w/e you call them haha it's pretty interesting though Yeah.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For eco, it's going alright I've had about 2/3 Classes don't remember, but just going through an introduction of the key economic problems and stuff like possible production frontier graphs or w/e you call them haha it's pretty interesting though Yeah.
Yeah, Production Possibility Curves and Frontiers :/
Those who think Chemistry and Physics are interesting, you guys have yet to see Economics! (the best social science ever)

wildchild666

HSC
Those who think Chemistry and Physics are interesting, you guys have yet to see Economics! (the best social science ever)
Physics is the best. :L Doctor V. is amazing.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Economics and physics are both pretty awesome so far, production possibility curves are heaps cool.

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
Year 11 thus far is great. No more bloody geography, PASS, health, science and bloody boring Australian history. Although looks like they snuck aboriginals and whatnot into belonging in advanced english which makes English complete crap at the moment. Extension 1 is far better.

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
Year 11 is good at the moment. I'm enjoying not having to do PDHPE, Geography or Science. I'm really enjoying the fact that I am able to study pretty much whatever I want, with the exception of English and Studies of Religion (the curse that comes with any Catholic school). Although I'm definitely dropping Legal Studies at the end of the year. It's interesting and all, but..I don't know. It can get a bit boring sometimes...On the other hand, I am absolutely loving Modern History and Music. Italian is freaking me out because all the exchange girls are back, and way ahead of everyone. But being the nerd that I am, I worked really hard for it in the holidays so I am almost at the same standard as them. But they're really fluent in speaking which is freaking me out. English is alright...except that our topic is feminism, which, when done at our school, it incredibly boring. And for once, I'm actually enjoying Maths. Wow.

Eg155

HSC
everyone is complaining about eco at my school :L why is it so good to u??

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't believe how many people hate Geography. XD
I like the majority of the Social Sciences but all of them pale in comparison to Economics in my opinion :p
I think people hate Australian Geography rather than Geography in general...
Like Australian History is rather boring to most people in comparison to the content in Modern + Ancient History which is more interesting to most people...
Also, the people who end up doing the Asian Combo/5 are usually the ones who hate Geography and History but there are always exceptions.
The scaling for Geography is decent (in fact, better than Business Studies by a bit in terms of scaling but somehow Business Studies is more popular) but isn't as attractive as Chemistry, Physics and Economics so this results to the event that a lot of selective students will avoid choosing it.
Trust me, if Geography had better scaling like the BIG 3 (Chem,Phys,Eco) then a lot of people will claim that they like it and will end up doing it in the HSC!

wildchild666

HSC
If I were to choose between Eco/Business/Geo, I'd choose Business.

HSC
I like the majority of the Social Sciences but all of them pale in comparison to Economics in my opinion :p
I think people hate Australian Geography rather than Geography in general...
Like Australian History is rather boring to most people in comparison to the content in Modern + Ancient History which is more interesting to most people...
Also, the people who end up doing the Asian Combo/5 are usually the ones who hate Geography and History but there are always exceptions.
The scaling for Geography is decent (in fact, better than Business Studies by a bit in terms of scaling but somehow Business Studies is more popular) but isn't as attractive as Chemistry, Physics and Economics so this results to the event that a lot of selective students will avoid choosing it.
Trust me, if Geography had better scaling like the BIG 3 (Chem,Phys,Eco) then a lot of people will claim that they like it and will end up doing it in the HSC!
I guess I am just special then. I loved geography but am doing Adv. English, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension, IPT, Economics, Chemistry and Physics. But yes everyone at my school claims to hate geography! I don't understand why! Only 6 people in yr 11 geo this year.

bleakarcher

HSC
^ lol, last year no one in my year got a band 6 in geograph. Big FUCK YOU! to the geo faculty.

bleakarcher

HSC
^ LOL, fucking sad bro. I dont think my school have one either, I dont know to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)