Five teens die in worst smash ever seen (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Hey guys, Planck travelled back in time and sabotaged the brakes so he could be a bastard in this thread

qaz0981

HSC
This and the other people who made comments about 140km/h on Australian Highways... this scares me.... firstly because I am yet to see Evidence of Australian drivers being good enough to move on our Highways and freeways like this. In Europe the approach to Freeways was so different, the way people moved on it was a much more fluid way of moving. Also, basically all the Freeways in Europe are 130km/h now... and their freeways are much MUCH better built than ours are...
the freeways are much better, yes, but i would disagree completely about the driving skills of europeans.. driving in italy, for example, theyre maniacs, it can be really scary at times. the speed limit on the freeways in europe is usually 130, which felt safe enough to drive at, its just some of the drivers.. mental.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i read something in this thread that said NSW P platers arent allowed to drive vehicles with more than 150kW of power

is this true? because my car is a V6 with a 3.5L engine and its 155kW :S

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Amount of people needing to tow 2.3 tonnes on a regular basis outside work? Very few... having to prove that you own a trailer already registered with the RTA and therefore need an exception... very easy.
I suppose they'll use a fleet of oxen to acquire and transport the trailer required to get an exemption, to their home address.

A High Way Man said:
Since when could you embed images
The one good thing I did.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
i read something in this thread that said NSW P platers arent allowed to drive vehicles with more than 150kW of power

For vic only. 150kw per tonne. Which would be like 201kw, in your car.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
the freeways are much better, yes, but i would disagree completely about the driving skills of europeans.. driving in italy, for example, theyre maniacs, it can be really scary at times. the speed limit on the freeways in europe is usually 130, which felt safe enough to drive at, its just some of the drivers.. mental.
All 110 km/h roads are engineered for 130 km/h, just we have a blanket limit. Personally I think they should introduce variable speed limits all along the M5 for example, that go both below and above the standard, depending on conditions. Driving to my girlfriends and back at night on the M5 I, and many other people, sit at 120 km/h with no problems at all.

No, that is rubbish. 155 kW isnt much for a family car that weighs 1700 kg.
I've driven a 300ZXTT with 250 rwkW, I didn't die nor kill 6 people.

More restrictions will make no difference, and as has been said it is a matter of civil liberties too.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Some cars are more dangerous than others. If p-platers only drove 4 cylinder 80kw fwd hatches with ESC and 5-star safety ratings, fewer people would die.

I don't actually care if people die. I don't even care if I die. I don't think there should be any age. I just find it funny that people assert that cars and restrictions make no difference, and that passive and active safety technology must be in place just to give the engineers something to do.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Okay I should clarify: A rwd family car is no more dangerous in cases like these than any other car. The fact of the matter is the majority of P platers drive - old hatchbacks - are far less safe. Of course if everyone was driving brand new volvos there would be less fatal accidents but obviously we can't all afford them. More restrictions will never stop people from being morons.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Re: i'm going to hell

"if only it'd been all of us!"
Wouldn't it have been great if another car had had an accident just as this photo was taken. It'd be like proof that God hates Westies.

mr_robato

HSC
Well, constant fuck ups my bogans make me glad I got my learners' license back in June 2007. I started driving only about a month ago thanks to my curry parents enforcing the "HSC before life" policy [fair enough I guess].

I've done 10 of the 50 hours required so far. Woo.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
that is because you are a bad driver.

I think that rather then governments doing crap like the whole 120 hour things people should be doing advanced driving courses and learning how to get themselves out of situations such as these. Adding more restrictions to young drivers is not the answer
news flash, going at 140, losing traction on all four wheels on your car, it's basically luck if you don't go skidding into anything.

my cousin did the highway motorbike and car course when he became a highway patrol cop. at the end of the month course, when they had traction removed from all their wheels at only 50 km/h, they couldn't keep their car on the road.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: i'm going to hell

news.com.au images of their friends' tributes... it's like looking at a car crash

:eek:

note the empties everywhere

"remembering our friends through littering"

alcohol tributes to underage hoons, seriously how fucking stupid are these people

goodnight sweet prince... of trees

smash or trash?
(or both)

"if only it'd been all of us!"
quotin so people scroll past it a second time

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Also I encourage everyone to go to a big empty carpark and practise drifting. It will improve your driving skills.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
practise going sideways is the best way to make sure you stay straight on the roads

seriously

you cant learn to control a car unless you have it out of control

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well I mean it's practise for if you ever lose traction but yeah whatevers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)