formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
omg i bought my formal dress today!!!! it is teh sex!!!! <3333

sorry, kinda excited.

i bought it from seduce in burwood and there were quite a few dresses there. i bought the nitro style in green/blue/turquoise. uhh, for my year 10 formal i bought my dress from sheike. for year 11 it came from some store on the top level of the qvb - so you could try that. (theres quite a few formal stores there). also new york has nice stuff. uhh yeah, there's heaps of places.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah, but i just want an idea of what shops have at the moment. I know everyone getst heir stuff form harts, i dont want anything from there. But i just cant find any other formal wear sites!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
Nah, stuff designer dresses!

Sheike, George, Novita, New York... all have good dresses. You see, if you go designer, you end up paying like $500-1000 for a dress in reality you will only wear once. Or any of those 'after 5' shops you find in random areas of shopping centres around chatswood or Parramatta.

**blu_rose**

HSC
hey downward spiral there's a review store in westfield parramtta.
not sure about the level i think it might have been level2 or 3

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
if you're anywhere near dural or windsor there's a store called smik which is good. The windsor one is better cos it's bigger and they have more stuff. But they have a really wide range of styles, from plain formal, to cocktail to elaborate. They have nice stuff.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i went to melbourne to buy a dress (that and a holiday) and ended up getting mine from myer. just look everywhere you can and you willl find something.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
on the studibaker and smith and miles line, here's something you might be interested in:

STUDIBAKER, and SMITH & MILES
SAMPLES AND SECONDS WAREHOUSE SALE

Looking for a stunning new evening or party dress for the party season? Don't miss the Studibaker, and Smith & Miles warehouse clearance sale. Find drastically reduced prices on exlusive designs, seconds and samples. All stock is reduced to clear, with prices all half or wholesale. This is the best place to pick up fabulous party dress, formal wear - find the perfect dress for any occasion. SALE IS CASH ONLY.
WHEN? Friday 3 June (9 am to 6 pm), Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 June (9am to 5pm)
WHERE? Studibaker Factory, 332 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove.

(sorry, copied and pasted it)

HSC
llamalope said:
Sheike, George, Novita, New York... all have good dresses. You see, if you go designer, you end up paying like $500-1000 for a dress in reality you will only wear once.
Not really. Depends what designer, really. You're not looking to real couture, unless you're loaded.

I got a Cooper dress for my yr 10 formal, it was about $300 (Mid Season Reductions).

I'd say a Sheike or NY dress is better than something from Harts, but if you think about it, the material and colours do date, unless you're getting a plain black dress, which will probably set you around about $100-200 anyway...

If you buy a designer, it's less likely to go out of fashion easily - I've lent my dress to two friends since yr 10, wore it to a few parties and clubs, then sold it on eBay for $140.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
go to DFO! i bought my yr 10 formal dress which was by Lisa Ho for $99 down from $495!!! biggest bargain ever

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Not really. Depends what designer, really. You're not looking to real couture, unless you're loaded.

I got a Cooper dress for my yr 10 formal, it was about $300 (Mid Season Reductions).

I'd say a Sheike or NY dress is better than something from Harts, but if you think about it, the material and colours do date, unless you're getting a plain black dress, which will probably set you around about $100-200 anyway...

If you buy a designer, it's less likely to go out of fashion easily - I've lent my dress to two friends since yr 10, wore it to a few parties and clubs, then sold it on eBay for $140.
how can ppl wear second hand clothes ?

=/

Yeh QVB has some good places, and i think near the end of the yr, near formal time they do have sales on.

Lennie

when its a formal dress or something similar, and it has only been worn once or twice... i dont think 'second- hand' is an issue.
especially if your going to save hundreds of dollars for something that you only wear once... :rolleyes:

BabyGirl69er

I am currently living in the ocean just until i fi
HSC
i got 2 yr 10 formals dresses one from review which wasnt 2 bad but my other one i got from chic was lyk 600, shit hapens i love that dress. my friend got hers from the qvb 4 this yr n her's was the price of a small country.

the price also depends on the fabrics, colour, detail and beading etc.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
when its a formal dress or something similar, and it has only been worn once or twice... i dont think 'second- hand' is an issue.
especially if your going to save hundreds of dollars for something that you only wear once... :rolleyes:
still.............

HSC
velox said:
how can ppl wear second hand clothes ?

=/

Yeh QVB has some good places, and i think near the end of the yr, near formal time they do have sales on.
I wore it once.

The price of drycleaning (about $30) compared to the price of buying a dress (mine was about $300)

I'd call it value.

ninja_star

Little Miss Vixen
HSC
girls.. help me FIND stores to BUY a formal dresS!

i jus need help all u gals!! to find good quality dresses.. for a reasonably cheap price soon b4 september ( yr12 formal is then) i jus need help on places in sydney. not to far. :p thanks champs. hope to get sum help in this department!! my 1st formal.. !!

cheerio :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)