Gain Weight and Muscle (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
OP:

Other guy: - some imagery there.
i am a stick...but basing what someone says of the internet u cant really determine...people can have self-esteem problems...

if a bulimic/anorexic said on the net "im so fat" would u assume they are?

oh btw...i moved my weights up to 8.5kgs now...thats as much i can get on each with my set...i can do 10 reps each arm...just...so i took ur advice...hope it works

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
except he hasnt said his weight and height?
I did. 180cm, ~58kg. Better than being fat I guess.

Those biceps are disgusting, makes me want to munt xD

Only reason I was doing 5kg weights is that I didn't have access to anything else. Will stick to exercises without weights now.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
well shit and i thought i was skinny at 183 / 70
Hrmm. And I got really bad food poisoning almost a year ago which dropped me to low 50's for a while :eek:

But the weight I am on right now is quite stable, so I'm sure I can slowly raise it. My dad said he was like me as well and now he's a bit overweight, so I got nothing to worry about xD

skyisthelimit

Banned
HSC
N/A
i am a stick...but basing what someone says of the internet u cant really determine...people can have self-esteem problems...

if a bulimic/anorexic said on the net "im so fat" would u assume they are?

oh btw...i moved my weights up to 8.5kgs now...thats as much i can get on each with my set...i can do 10 reps each arm...just...so i took ur advice...hope it works
What?! You said it! What am I supposed to do, demand for pictures? Anyway, put it into context. You are all talking about biceps and curls and gym jargon and what not. Clearly you're seeking advice :. deductive reasoning...

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
What?! You said it! What am I supposed to do, demand for pictures? Anyway, put it into context. You are all talking about biceps and curls and gym jargon and what not. Clearly you're seeking advice :. deductive reasoning...
so if quentin tarantino asked one of those japanese directors he loves for advice does that mean hes a crap director?...

but as i said its easy to criticise...for all we know u could be skinny too

kfnmpah

HSC
Light weights won't do shit if you want hypertrophy. Do cardio after weights if you do cardio at all. Eat kangaroo meat, it's SO high in protein and has very little fat.
Eat heaps, exercise heaps - 2 days on 1 day rest. (for exercise i mean, eat heaps all the time)

The 'light weights' is what's gonna hold you back from gaining much muscle. You'll just get tone but no real bulk.

HalcyonSky

HSC
The 'light weights' is what's gonna hold you back from gaining much muscle. You'll just get tone but no real bulk.
if he maxes out after 8 reps using 5kg, then he will grow just the same as a guy maxing out with 40kg, the actual weight is irrelevant its just how well adapted your muscles are and whether or not the workout is pushing them past what theyre used to

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
That's 2 people who have now told me to stop/change my cardio. How can the cycling be so bad for my goal of gaining muscle mass? Especially when it's focusing on my lower body.

EDIT: Also, I haven't really been taking rest days in between workouts - how much, if at all do I need to be resting? I've only really had one or two days where I've been really sore after a work out, so I just don't feel the need to rest, 24 hours seems to do it for me.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
dont stupid shit like bicep curls man..

Do bent over rows
Plenty of chin ups
Dumbbell press
Invest in a bar (20kg olympic) and get some weights (20kg plates should be sufficient atm) and learn how to squat and deadlift.

Eat everything in sight, but make sure they have nutritional value (high protein mostly).

Youll gain easy kilos.. probably close to like 5kg in the first month.

EDIT: just read more about the thread.. get like 20kg plates, and like 10kg and 5kg ones.. if you have the dosh.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
That's 2 people who have now told me to stop/change my cardio. How can the cycling be so bad for my goal of gaining muscle mass? Especially when it's focusing on my lower body.

EDIT: Also, I haven't really been taking rest days in between workouts - how much, if at all do I need to be resting? I've only really had one or two days where I've been really sore after a work out, so I just don't feel the need to rest, 24 hours seems to do it for me.
Dude, research shows that cardio whilst undertaking a weight program is fine aslong as you don't do them together. The best way to do it is weights in the morning and approx 8 hrs later you are allowed to go for a run or whatever. You could also go for run in the morning and weights in the afternoon.

I agree entirely with the point about kangaroo meat, it's awesome. Also Turkey.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if he maxes out after 8 reps using 5kg, then he will grow just the same as a guy maxing out with 40kg, the actual weight is irrelevant its just how well adapted your muscles are and whether or not the workout is pushing them past what theyre used to
+38

eg i bench 40kg because thats all i got at home, and i havnt grown/gained anything at all.

make sure you regularly increase your weight, because benching the same amount will not do you any good (in terms of growth). Once you grow enough to be able to withstand 40kg, you wont grow any more, you'd need to up the weights to add more resistance to your muscles.

edit: btw there isnt really a set time when you should increase the weight, its not like every week or every month u HAVE to increase by 5 or 10kg. This would depend on how often you work out and how your diet is, if you work out a lot and have an awesome diet, then you'd have good muscular growth and could step up every few weeks, if bad diet and 1ce a week weights, then you'd probably up the weights every few months.
But its a good idea to see how much you can do every now and then. That's what i did when i regularly went to the gym a couple of years ago. I'd go and see what's the heaviest i could lift, then i'd decided that i should actually step up my regular bench/curl/fly/whatever, thus: PROGRESS =]

edit edit: and yeah, focus on compound stuff, deadlift, bench, squat, upright rows.

Last edited:

micuzzo

HSC

Good luck with your training mate... my advice is to make sure that your getting good advice...

In regards to rest, it is CRUCIAL that you have rests... you grow OUTSIDE the gym... that being said it will depend on your routine, however, do not over excert yourself. Over-training can stop your muscle growth... a good site with heaps of excercises and tips is www.muscleandstrength.com However i believe a personal trainer/doctor would give u the most trustworhty advice.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)