my bucketlist will involve more carbon emissions than even taylor swift

(im not schizophrenic btw)
Blank arc

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
ive decided to take a gap year
I CANT BE BOTHERED TO DO UNI WORK RN

@jimmysmith560 and anyone else pls give me some pros and cons of gap year and what i can do to make this time very useful
worse case scenario ill be one year behind and still do a similar degree next year but thats fine as long as i make my year useful and also the age gap for me with first years next yr wont be bit at all
main goal is to just relax, get a job and learn to work hard cus im actually kinda lazy (ik dropping uni but i want other parts of life sorted out), go for a family overseas trip which is a trip I would otherwise have to miss out pre sure if i go uni, kinda get my shti back together because idk whats wrong with me but i reckon i could make this year useful
also i would like just keep researching about different degrees cus tbh i really only want to go into something science related so i will also try for med during this time
IDK NONE of my friends r taking it so i would be some sort of outlier but idk how to feel anymore abt this should i even take the year off

... if i do take it i will def make proper. use of the time otherwise it would just be a waste

Last edited:

jonolad69

HSC
I CANT BE BOTHERED TO DO UNI WORK RN

@jimmysmith560 and anyone else pls give me some pros and cons of gap year and what i can do to make this time very useful
worse case scenario ill be one year behind and still do a similar degree next year but thats fine as long as i make my year useful and also the age gap for me with first years next yr wont be bit at all
main goal is to just relax, get a job and learn to work hard cus im actually kinda lazy (ik dropping uni but i want other parts of life sorted out), go for a family overseas trip which is a trip I would otherwise have to miss out pre sure if i go uni, kinda get my shti back together because idk whats wrong with me but i reckon i could make this year useful
also i would like just keep researching about different degrees cus tbh i really only want to go into something science related so i will also try for med during this time
IDK NONE of my friends r taking it so i would be some sort of outlier but idk how to feel anymore abt this should i even take the year off

... if i do take it i will def make proper. use of the time otherwise it would just be a waste
this is the beginning of your path to inevitable homelessness. by taking a gap year you just don't need to wait as long for it to come into full effect

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
guys i figured it out
im different
special if u must
not like all of the rest
i must be destined for success

time to start my entrepreneurial journey and drop shipping side gig

i wasnt made for the typical 9-5 bourgeoisie life

my bucketlist will involve more carbon emissions than even taylor swift

(im not schizophrenic btw)

carrotsss

HSC
pls serious
I already gave my thoughts but if you’re going to do a gap year then make a solid plan and specifically weigh up the advantages/disadvantages for your specific situation (based on what’s in your plan, what will u gain what are you wasting). I’ll also add an extra year almost certainly won’t make you suddenly come to an epiphany on what course you want to do so don’t expect that

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
should i even take the year off
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
clearly few of us have experience with gap years except Elztrap so you might want to try and find someone else who's been through it and you can talk about it with. asking what you can do to make an entire year useful is a very loaded question
pros and cons of gap year is simple
pros - valid and proven option for undergrad med reapplicants
cons - not always productive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)