general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
He has like the weirdest accent, sounds almost american.

Anyone play trivia/bingo @ unibar?

elfm

HSC
god damn the fire alarm went off at the biomed library last week and wouldn't stop for atleast 10 minutes

worst day ever

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Anyone see me get yelled at for breaking a "priceless aboriginal artwork" in biomed library this week?

I offered to paint them another one, they declined : (

gman03

HSC
§eraphim said:
There are some fairly good looking CSE PhD students (female)....
True, but the environmental engineering girls are betta!

Speaking of alarm, I recalled the computing lab in electrical engineering building used to go off every 10 minutes for 10 minutes... seems thry fixed the problem

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
gman03 said:

Speaking of alarm, I recalled the computing lab in electrical engineering building used to go off every 10 minutes for 10 minutes... seems thry fixed the problem
As are the dance girls coming out of the dance studio just as my lecture at applied science is starting.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That Applied Science building is hideous. Tear it down. Today was my last day, mid session break! Woo-hoo!

Better yet, Bob Carr lecture tommorow night, yeah!

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Will see you there Nebuchanezzar. Coming to the roundhouse for some drinks afterwards?

elfm

HSC
gman03 said:
dude, that's not true. there's only like 4 girls doing environmental engineering in 2nd year this year and they're all nothing worth bragging about. sure, atleast they are a lot more proportioned than the civil engineering chicks if you're comparing it to them.

drewbrow: how did you damage the painting? lol

is it true that they're going to turn the biomed library into a lab in the near future? there's been a lot of furniture shuffling and things have been disappearing bit by bit
just something i heard from a little birdy
??

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
drewbrow1 said:
Anyone see me get yelled at for breaking a "priceless aboriginal artwork" in biomed library this week?

I offered to paint them another one, they declined : (
Oh really man.. tell us the details!!:rofl:

Yes, they will turn the Biomed library into some postgraduate section or lab, when law moves down to the new building (due to finish July 28, quick eh?).

Interesting to see how quickly the law building goes up compared to the Analytical Centre (Chemistry).

And officially, the chit-chat thread is cool. Brings so much more (less boring) stuff to the UNSW forum.

phrred

HSC
ive heard UNSW wants to buy 3 residential blocks along botany st to expand the campus, has anyone heard anything about this?

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
phrred said:
ive heard UNSW wants to buy 3 residential blocks along botany st to expand the campus, has anyone heard anything about this?
http://www.facilities.unsw.edu.au/Planning/index.htm

Scroll down to "master plan", read through the master plan and tell us what it says. It's only 199MB.

As for the painting, yeah, the frame is broken enough to need replacing, but the painting is unfortunately still intact. I just knocked it off the wall with my bag, no big deal, but the crazy lady working there got real pissed off. It was the ugliest painting i've ever seen, a guy with a giant angry head on a bright pink background.

elfm said:
there's only like 4 girls doing environmental engineering in 2nd year this year and they're all nothing worth bragging about
If i knew who the hell you were, i'd tell them you said that : (

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Heh, I always thought the library staff werepretty friendly and helpful. It must just be the biomed people who aren't the friendliest.

The biomed collection stands no chance of fitting into those top two floors of the library tower IMO. I'd much rather see the top floor dedicated to postgrad stuff, and the 8th floor dedicated to simple study. That way, they could spread out the collections on the lower floors more, and perhaps even get some new books.

Coming to the roundhouse for some drinks afterwards?
No. I'm going straight home for my one week break, hoorah. I will be bringing my camera in hopes of getting a picture with the NSW hero though.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Cool, so something actually happened today. The library was on fire - did anyone know how/what happened? I saw the smoke coming out of level 4(on the northwest corner), next to the CLB courtyard. I heard the fire alarm, and the library was still closed after 4pm (fire at 2pm, ish).

Last edited:

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
From teh website:
UNSW Library is closed the afternoon and evening of Thursday 13 April due to building problems
Postgraduate Research Study Area on level 4 of the Library will be unvailable until Tuesday 18 April

I walked past as they were announcing it wouldn't be open for another few hours cos they had to pump the smoke out of the building and couldn't let anyone in for OH&S reasons.

Excitement abounds!

elfm

HSC
hey cool i was walking past the library as they were announcing it as well =]

man it would've been so cool if some creepy german guy was announcing it over the PA.. i dont know why.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The library was closed all night. There were the standard hardhat people standing out there yelling that it wasn't going to reopen.

But it wasn't a false alarm? That's a change, I certainly hope no books were damaged.

Hey sikeveo, how did you find the lecture/question time? I thought it was quite awesome...apart from when my camera starting rewinding itself midway through the thing. 'Twas a good night.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Yeah I was walking past at 2 and smelled/saw the smoke coming out of the top. I had to return a book for a friend today, I'm so glad I did it BEFORE my discrete lecture...

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
My comment of "It's about bloody time" was funnier to me than the firemen. Haha. But yeah I hope nothing was damaged, the library is actually alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)