Geography is the most bludgy subject (1 Viewer)

johnmayer

I think that out of all my subjects that i am completing for my HSC,
Geography would have to be the most bludgiest.
Its easy and even easier to do well in if you apply yourself.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Well it probably seems easy because you understand the content relatively well. However, it doesn't mean its the most bludgy subject.
You've got to do case studies for all 3 topics, so if you want a mark of 90+, you'll have to put a bit of effort into the case studies (extra research etc) rather than recycling the case study material your teacher gives you.

you only get out of a couse what you put in lol. I put effort into geo and i get great results. The only subject i think you can get good marks and bludge in is english, coz you just make up intelligent sounding crap as you go along.

Dj MuNgAs!

Old Skool
HSC
N/A
personally, i think that geography is a challenging subject, but the amount of work load is enormous as well as the text books by Kleeman & Paine. Its a very good & challenging subject, but when it comes down 2 studying for it, i find it very difficult as there is just 2 much work 2 know. Our teacher is the biggest ballbreaker, therefore that is why our subject is challenging. Y do we have to put up with ballbreakers for?

Last edited:

Mitsos

Ballbreaker

the teacher absolutely make the subjet the biggest bore. she neva shuits up. omg she is so dumb

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
it seems heaps of ppl here try really hard in geo and luv it alot.
why do u guys reckon its scaling isnt as good as the other social science subjects then? it really puzzles me. everyone in my class are f***in nerds in geo and study their hearts out, and yet its scalin remains below wat it should be.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I think Geography is fairly easy.

But i really hate the Biophysical Interaction stuff. I'm more into social research and those kinda things.

But it's not an easy subject and it's not hard.

HSC
Not easy at all.

I do geography correspondence.. :( (extrenally) meaning... i have no teacher actually there to teach me.. i have to call her when sometimes she's never there...
so i basically have to teach myself everything ALL by myself... its the hardest subject i've ever done :(

dezzy

HSC
little-rat-boi said:
I do geography correspondence.. :( (extrenally) meaning... i have no teacher actually there to teach me.. i have to call her when sometimes she's never there...
so i basically have to teach myself everything ALL by myself... its the hardest subject i've ever done :(
If u need some help, u know where to find us :D :D
We're open 24/7...literally

cassy

i think that if u have a great teacher (which i do) it makes it a whole lot easier than if u have an average teacher....

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
little-rat-boi said:
omg you are the same as me!! lol. I do geography by correspondence too, but i reckon its pretty good. I do modern history the same way, and trust me, geography is MUCH easier to do. i like it a lot. is there a geography teacher at your school? because there is at mine (he just doesnt teach me because i was the only one who wanted to do it.... duh) and i go to him if im stuck, coz ringing up my teacher is NOT the most effective way to get help (same prob as you). so yeah, i understand where your coming from, having to teach AND learn...

bustinjustin

HSC
Asquithian is right

Asquithian is right - Geography isn't a bludgy subject, there is a lot of content to learn, but the more work you do, the easier it gets. That said, I have so much fun in class, with 8 other great people (and a fruit cake of a teacher included).

HSC
hi Yeah it sucks

I hate learning bymyself .. i need someone there to help.. the geo teachers at my scholl really suck aswell.. which makes it harder for me... :( ohwell.. i will study my best till the exam.. good luck everyone :)

elisabeth

HSC
My class is a bit crap and we don't learn much, but I've got the textbook, so it's OK.

I think it is a bit bludgy if you do bio as well, because all the stuff on environments/natural selection is the first huge bit in the textbook. It's good when you can build on what you already know.

I didn't mind it last year because it was mostly remembering facts (development geography, stuff about Kosciuzsko) and having a good enough knowledge of the ecosystems and skills to handle the exam. Hope it's like that this year.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
elisabeth said:
My class is a bit crap and we don't learn much, but I've got the textbook, so it's OK.

I think it is a bit bludgy if you do bio as well, because all the stuff on environments/natural selection is the first huge bit in the textbook. It's good when you can build on what you already know.

I didn't mind it last year because it was mostly remembering facts (development geography, stuff about Kosciuzsko) and having a good enough knowledge of the ecosystems and skills to handle the exam. Hope it's like that this year.
yr12 is quite different but yr11 is good for the yr12 skills work. it is not bludgey but depends on the person. its one of my best subjects but theres just too much detail to know in exams to say it is a bludge (unless ur a freak, or an arrogant bastard in for a surprise). it is manageable and easy IF you stay on top of your work all year or have a lot of luck with your essay questions. the content is easy but the course is very volumenous. to do well in your hsc and uai you need very good marks for geo to be worth while. scaling is reasonable over an HSC mark of about 92 but gets quite bad in the mid 80s and below. if you are over 92 the scaling gets very good.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
The geography forum is so lifeless...
people only come here to talk about how bludgy it is =(

gibbo67

HSC
it depends on relativity to other subjects - in comparison to economics, chemistry and 3U maths i thought geography was pretty easy. it is one subject that does reward for being able to justify an argument by knowing trivial stuff such as using disneyland as an example of the cultural dominance of world cities.

having said that though, there is still a lot to learn in the course and the scope for an essay question can be pretty broad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)