getting bogged down by M/C!! argggh! (1 Viewer)

HSC
i just back my economics exam today and i was very happy with everything except the MC!!!!!!!!! so pissed off!:mad: :mad1: i got 13/20! :chainsaw:
and overall i come 3rd!...:mad:
how can i improve this section..??
just practice and practice?..
and does anyone know any text books/sites...resources that can help me with the MC section?

HSC
yes, and i had that knowlegde...well...thought i did
friggin hate those qs with obviously 2 correct answers but you have to choose a MORE suitable one...it's jigged!

overwhelming

If u know the theory back 2 front then u shouldnt have problems getting 20/20 in MC in both that test and the HSC.

Think about it, how fukt would it be if u got 10/20 in HSC MC and like 20/20 in one of the essays in eco HSC paper!!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Aaaarrrghh I have the exact same problem as you!! I always get a shit mark in multiple choice...everyone says they're easy, but I find it to be the hardest part. You can get the leading edge workbook and it has heaps of multiple choice questions to practise on...which reminds me, I really should start doing them ;)

HSC
Originally posted by overwhelming
If u know the theory back 2 front then u shouldnt have problems getting 20/20 in MC in both that test and the HSC.

Think about it, how fukt would it be if u got 10/20 in HSC MC and like 20/20 in one of the essays in eco HSC paper!!
i actually DID get 20/20 for my essay..:p
and only lost 3 marks for section II

i'll just focus on MC from now on

AGB

HSC
yeh the only way to get good at multi choices is to practice and practice... after a while, you will notice that the same questions come up over and over again... they just slightly change the wording or the figures....

aditya

HSC
section two is the bomb!!!

our test wa sonly 2:30min so he took out 20marks from the short ansewr... lol i got 19.5/20 for short answer! they were so easy, took like 10minutes as well...

but multiple choice...lol... my essays are my problem... its my hand-writing :$ and my thougths are confused... i didnt study that much, mebe thats the problem!!!

aditya

HSC
but theres a guy in my class hu gets 19/18 for his essays/ 19/20 for short answer then gets like 12/20 for multiple choice... i know y as well... he doesnt know any of the shit.. he doesnt understand it... he thinks he does but he doesnt.... thats y he got so low... hes just good at studyign 6 hours a day and memorising his essays... and he has arial style font for hand-writing... and the teacher loves him *jealous* im smarter than him :mad: roar, and he knwos it too :p

but anyway... u should get the leading edge workbook... its dman good... the questions are pretty hard for some topics... and theresl ike over 100 in there... so its definately worth getting m8ey.. its like 18bucks... after doing that many and the ones from the past hscs... u should be pretty well set...

so yeh... have fun studying !!! * i know i will... lol*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i found MC the toughest part of my test :( dont have the results back yet but last time i had an assessment i got 6/10 for MC...

HSC
Originally posted by sickwithlove
go to board of studies sight and about half way down the home page, there's a link to their m/c pages. you can do m/c questions from past papers online.
yeah. i've already done that...from 2000-2003 + answers :)

stressed monkie

im a random
ok last yr i was really crappy at multiple choice and my treacher kept getting pied cause he knew i could do better so basically what he told me to do with multiple choice is to go through each question cross out the answers that i knew were 100% wrong and then go through the rest of the paper and write my essays and stuff then go over multiple choice again cause then i would have bound to have written or looked at something else in the paper that would resemble them.... the onnly hitch with this method is time management hope that helps

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeah our class just does multi-choice every sinlge lesson it's prety good like class average 16/20 atm, but improving. AGb's right the questions repeat themselves from different resources, just with changed wording. ie. if you've done one question on elasticity, you've done them all. it's completely conceptual.

anyway, do you just buy LE workbook from shop or do you have to order it directly from them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)