Girra or Penrith? (4 Viewers)

p->q

HSC
penrith is more welcoming and a more relaxed environment so u can easily get vapes and stuff if u want
as someone whose been to both, girra is a lot better in terms of cohort quality, but to say that the school lacks funding would be an understatement, especially considering the completely 100000% inept principal.
i mean there are spastics in every grade. an example being that goodcat911 guy. when i went to that school, that guy was the biggest nerd and on my mum's soul once went into the bathroom with a pair of scissors after receiving a sub optimal score in mathematics. dumbass wore long sleeves for the remainder of the term. he just chats a lot of shit online. so u can just ignore him. keyboard warrior ass.
in the end its your decision. hope u have fun

Rizwan Raza

HSC
penrith is more welcoming and a more relaxed environment so u can easily get vapes and stuff if u want
as someone whose been to both, girra is a lot better in terms of cohort quality, but to say that the school lacks funding would be an understatement, especially considering the completely 100000% inept principal.
i mean there are spastics in every grade. an example being that goodcat911 guy. when i went to that school, that guy was the biggest nerd and on my mum's soul once went into the bathroom with a pair of scissors after receiving a sub optimal score in mathematics. dumbass wore long sleeves for the remainder of the term. he just chats a lot of shit online. so u can just ignore him. keyboard warrior ass.
in the end its your decision. hope u have fun
bro that goodcat911 guy was such an idiot like I remember I was taking a fat shit in those toilets and then some dummy walked in crying. I heard him start opening and closing the scissors while saying "I can't do this anymore. I'm such a failure. How will I ever make it into UNSW med?". I was so pissed that this idiot was disturbing my shit I was gonna yell at him to gtfo but suddenly my bowel began coagulating and gyrating so much that I couldn't make out a single noise. I had to sit there and endure the rage of listening to this idiot goodcat911 until he finally stopped crying and walked into a stall. I thought maybe he had finally calmed down, and was going to reconsider his life decisions that led to his failure until I heard the infamous supercell jingle, followed by the poignant noise of clash Royale. in that instant, I knew goodcat911 was a failure.

HSC
I'm applying for selective into Yr 10, and I was wondering what school you would say is better. For your reference, both are equal distance apart 45-50m to me so travel time isn't a factor in determining which one would be better suited for me. I average around 4-5 As and the rest Bs in my reports, I frequently participate in clubs and competitions eg. AMC, AHC, BSC. AGC etc. I got into zone for swimming and cross country both this year and last year, I was U13s age champion last year for swimming, zone athletics 2022, Sydney West Swimming 2022, First in class science, history, geography, pdhpe, first in course geography (2022) and I also do the premier challenges such as reading, sporting etc.

I also do Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Squad Swimming, Piano and rugby outside of school which I've also earned awards in such as in ISKA, swim meets etc. I also do some volunteering at my church among other things

I want to apply for Girra as it seems like a better school however I feel as if the competition to get in there is much higher than the one of Penrith and I don't want to "waste" my first preference, but I've also heard and seen that Girra is steadily losing ranks each year. From 2020-2022 Penrith was usually around 10 places behind Girra however in the 2023 HSC Penrith was only 3 ranks behind. Maybe, it was just a bad year for Girra idk but I've heard on BOS that each year Girra is getting worse. On the same note, I've also heard how Penrith kids say how bad their school is and wish they went somewhere else, especially Girra. Also, it seems that Girra makes an extra class in yr 10 which allows for the enrolment of a greater number of new students than Years 8, 9 and 11.

Which schools would you say have a better environment, facilities, teachers, programs for uni, and also sport opportunities as that's a big thing for me.

My 3rd preference at the moment is Fort Street as that's the next closest school after Baulko, which I'm not going to apply for as the chance of me getting in there is much much much slimmer than all the other schools mentioned. Also. if you have any other school suggestions feel free to comment them.

Btw this doesn't relate to the actual post however my friend at Granville said that he was able to move up a year so now he's 14 in yr 10, so he'll graduate at 16. Have you ever heard of any other schools allowing students to move up a year, and is it even allowed?
Hey with your impressive portfolio of extracurriculars and achievements I would recommend for you to definitely apply for one of the top 3 selective schools ( North Sydney Boys, James Ruse, or Baulko). If you perform well on the entrance exam you will definitely have a very high chance.

HSC
Honestly if you move after year 7 and 8 the transition is so so hard, so I’d recommend staying at ur old school if it isn’t bad
No, not really. As long as you put in the work, have the right resources around you, it is definitely possible. I myself have done it, and so have many of my friends. Some not as academically gifted originally, but I helped elevate them to a level where they got offers from Girraween, Penrith and North Sydney.

HSC
Hey with your impressive portfolio of extracurriculars and achievements I would recommend for you to definitely apply for one of the top 3 selective schools ( North Sydney Boys, James Ruse, or Baulko). If you perform well on the entrance exam you will definitely have a very high chance.
NSB and High are out because it'll take me around 3hrs both way and when time becomes more important in senior years I don't thatll be sustainable. 2 of my friends got into high and said they'll be travelling 3hrs+

I was thinking of applying last year due to how many extracurricular activities and opportunities they have which is a big thing for me but the travel time was way too much for me to apply They also doesn't take yr 10 applications so I can't consider them anyways.

I'll probs js apply for Baulko, as there's a 2032 school bus that's goes from Kings Langley shopping to Baulko (~30m) I could ask my parents to drop me off there before they go to work as it's a 8m drive from our place or take bus to Kings Langely then go from there if my parents aren't available.

Any tips for preparing for edutest, last year I only got 2 sups, 1 high average and the rest above avg

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
NSB and High are out because it'll take me around 3hrs both way and when time becomes more important in senior years I don't thatll be sustainable. 2 of my friends got into high and said they'll be travelling 3hrs+

I was thinking of applying last year due to how many extracurricular activities and opportunities they have which is a big thing for me but the travel time was way too much for me to apply They also doesn't take yr 10 applications so I can't consider them anyways.

I'll probs js apply for Baulko, as there's a 2032 school bus that's goes from Kings Langley shopping to Baulko (~30m) I could ask my parents to drop me off there before they go to work as it's a 8m drive from our place or take bus to Kings Langely then go from there if my parents aren't available.

Any tips for preparing for edutest, last year I only got 2 sups, 1 high average and the rest above avg
go to gosford highj

HSC

Hey trying for Baulkham Hills High School is a great choice. If you are looking for help in the EduTest feel free to PM us for more information. You can also check out our post here:

HSC
Does Baulko also make an extra class for yr 10 like penrith and Girra? Also should I apply for Girra at all or leave 3rd preference blank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)