grad salary banking (1 Viewer)

ASNSWR127

HSC
Graney said:
Just because your job is as a primary provider of care, I don't think that makes you more deserving of an income.

If we're going to look at this as a moral issue, I'd say the reason Australia has such a high standard of health care is because we are a wealthy nation. Therefore those who have done the most to generate wealth in this country, the highest tax paying citizens are the most virtuous and deserving, and have done the most to help ordinary people in every way.

You're not doing it for free, it's hardly virtous. If you don't like it, do something else and mabye they'll raise the wages.
What stupid things to say honestly

BTW even at my age I still volunteer to help

You should try it sometime

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
What stupid things to say honestly
It's just a job. Get over yourself. Anyone would do it, if they raised the pay enough. It's as virtuous as any other $72'000 p.a. job. People who earn more, effect more positive change in the world.

ASNSWR127 said:
Paramedics are degree qualifies professionals
A lot of people have degrees. It doesn't entitle you to any sort of income.

3li

HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Mate do you even have an offer? I think secure that before worrying about future plans!

No figures for 2008-9 since it's not even 2009 yet.

If I had to guess I'd think M&A would be around 120, ecm and dcm roles lower

EDIT: oh, just noticed you're talking about base. Should be 90kish across all those roles
nah im only 2nd yr so didnt aply grad
i was just asking grad for 09 to see whether its worth graduating 2010
im in norush, mite just study more
if i dont like trading ill apply for summer in banking nxt yr

neways 90k? thats not bad for base wats trading grad like for ficc generalist pool?

cheers neways

Last edited:

ASNSWR127

HSC
Graney said:
It's just a job. Get over yourself. Anyone would do it, if they raised the pay enough. It's as virtuous as any other $72'000 p.a. job. People who earn more, effect more positive change in the world.

A lot of people have degrees. It doesn't entitle you to any sort of income.
No of course not but in your infinite stupidity you have failed to notice the post above where it explains what these degrees teach you.

Perhaps you were "effecting more positive change in the world" through making lots of money for yourself? too busy to notice whilst you were doing that hey?

I don't see any of that benefit coming my way very often... maybe you should try living in less than ideal circumstances

If you want to put economical value on things why not get very scared when we are 500 paramedics short and you are lying there in cardiac arrest. Even the rich have (physical) hearts.

someone will always be there to help no matter how overworked and underpayed.

Why not have a little humility.

which is more than I can say for the self centered over payed capatilist banker/business people of the world. They conveniently ignore problems when confronted with them

Think of the financial crisis.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
No of course not but in your infinite stupidity you have failed to notice the post above where it explains what these degrees teach you.
So what? My degree is teaching me how to save the planet. Doesn't mean I even have a guarantee of a job, let alone $70'000+.

ASNSWR127 said:
someone will always be there to help no matter how overworked and underpayed.
If the pay was lowered to minimum wage most of them wouldn't do it.

ASNSWR127 said:
Think of the financial crisis.
You don't think generating wealth and enterprise, and thereby bringing money into the economy, effectively raising the living standards of everyone is a virtue?

ASNSWR127

HSC
Graney said:
So what? My degree is teaching me how to save the planet. Doesn't mean I even have a guarantee of a job, let alone $70'000+.

If the pay was lowered to minimum wage most of them wouldn't do it.

You don't think generating wealth and enterprise, and thereby bringing money into the economy, effectively raising the living standards of everyone is a virtue?

What degree would that be?

Come on you must know that raising of the wealth is leaving people behind

You have this talent to take things out of context and only listen to the bits you want to.

What do you do to volunteer then hey?

Rorix

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
too much for what you guys are do!

A grad paramedic with the ASNSW earns 38000 (for first year, srudent year) can you honestly say that a banker is worth more than that?

Or a soldier? or a police officr? or a teacher? or a nurse?

This world is wrong! get over your profit and put your no doubt solid academic results to good use!
Tall poppy syndrome. It doesn't affect you what we are paid, so don't be a hater.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Rorix said:
Tall poppy syndrome. It doesn't affect you what we are paid, so don't be a hater.
haha I am not a 'hater', I am just trying to raise a valid point.

What is this tall poppy thing anyway? that is outdated come on...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
You have this talent to take things out of context and only listen to the bits you want to.

What do you do to volunteer then hey?
You're taking things out of context, this has nothing to do with volunteering and what you do in your personal time. Volunteering is a virtue. There is however, no such thing as any job more virtuous than another. To hold a job in itself is virtuous. All employment paths are virtuous and necessary in their own way.

Is the business man who pays the taxes, and generates the GDP that fund public health care less necessary than the health care proffessional who administers the health care? . Any job that fullfills a necessary economic role is virtuous. The health care industry couldn't exist without the plumbers, scientists, engineers, retail, hospitality staff etc...

khosanman

HSC
Dont worry ASNSWR127 I respect a lot more what paramedics and many other professions do then those in finance. I think a lot of these guys in finance think they are so smart and creating all this wealth to be used for good, but at the end of the day i think lots of people could do this. These so called smart guys have developed all these complex products for example and look where thats got the economy today.

Anyway keep up the good work ASNSWR127 ,and dont worry about guys making more income then you, because in reality with money happiness doesnt necessarily come.

is a roflcopter
HSC
the transaction im working on will probably result in 500 new jobs in a rural part of asia and move alot of people out of poverty. surely theres some social value to what i do.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Modern capitalism has been the most powerfull force on earth for alieviating poverty and raising the standard of living globally.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Newbie said:
the transaction im working on will probably result in 500 new jobs in a rural part of asia and move alot of people out of poverty. surely theres some social value to what i do.
well perhaps...

But I doubt it was for the social reasons... you capitalist lackneys can't fool me! LOL

ah well the day that this situation changes the better...

ASNSWR127

HSC
Graney said:
Modern capitalism has been the most powerfull force on earth for alieviating poverty and raising the standard of living globally.
I disagree but that is probably too general a discussion to be had hear...

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
for the quality of advice bankers give, m&a advisory is a grossly overpaid industry.
maybe you can justify it for finance providers...

the industry should have worked like auditing or something like that. but for some reason it got all whacky in the US and the world followed

khosanman

HSC
have to agree with you there Omnidragon.

"umm how about we give them... 3 BHP's for 1 rio?"
"Ok didnt work lets try 3.4?"

Sure they work harder a lot of them with deadlines and what not, but could just double the employees and halve the salaries and theyd still be earning bloody goo money. Definately shouldve worked more like big 4

"umm how about we give them... 3 BHP's for 1 rio?"
"Ok didnt work lets try 3.4?"

is a roflcopter
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
well perhaps...

But I doubt it was for the social reasons... you capitalist lackneys can't fool me! LOL

ah well the day that this situation changes the better...

damn you discovered that we will be stealing their babies while they are at work. =/

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
well i mean part of the reason they work harder is because they're pitching so hard and dont really understand their company (hence all the grunt work/thinking around it)

the thing is bankers should be long-term advisers to a number of clients, and try to win clients for the long-term. you'd find that's the case with auditing firms and a lot of top tier law firms for example

bankers on the other hand advise a company to list, then go out to another company to advise them to take the first company out

Monstar

HSC
Why would you come in here preaching your high horse bullshit man?

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
because i have what it takes to, kid
anyway im just talking about the dynamics of the industry... something you'd only understand if you really work in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)