Griffith University - calling all students (1 Viewer)

HSC
metro and nexus place aren't near uni, so they have a shuttle bus thingo which i guess could be a pain in the ass .. uni square and uni village are within walking distance, but uni square doesn't have a pool. i think it's marginally less expensive or something though.

ShopOholic

HSC
Ok guys i really need your help....

If ANY OF YOU could pleasssseeeeee tell me more about the GC campus i would really appreciate it as i cant vist and really want someone who's been there to give me their honest opinion about the place. I also have found this course i like at QUT so any good info on the Griffith GC campus to weigh up my options would help so much!!!!

Thanks! (*Waits impaitently for a reply*....)

ShopOholic

HSC
Oh sorry, forgot to mention what i wanted info on! (im a dag i kno lol)
Well basically i would like info on the social scene at GUGC: is there many social acitivties, what O week is like there as well as what the GC is like in general (havent been there since i was like 5 lol)...

Also, im looking at studing either communication's or international business, so any info on what those degrees/subjects are like would be really handy aswell...

Spon888

HSC
I did the drive-through visit of the GC campus, and from what I saw (mainly the outside of buildings/facilities) its a very nice place. I think its one of the larger campuses of the Griffith University, but facilities wise it doesn't have a lot going for it in the actual campus. However I saw a very large Sports Centre opposite the road from the campus, so I guess thats where the action can take place.

The new student accomodation being built for the GC campus is across the road (but the road is a major highway), but they'll have walkways joining the campus and accomodation. Right now they are still clearing the land and haven't laid foundations for it, but hopefully as they say, they will complete the first 200 beds by February 2007.

I'm from Sydney too, so if I can compare it to the ones here, I have to say what I saw looks very nice, mainly because a lot of the stuff is fairly new and they are still building more.

Otherwise I would have thought the main attraction of the GC campus is that its in GC, and therefore close to the beach, good weather and all round great place to be.

I am James

HSC
I am aiming to get to Griffith University and study IT, for 2009.

scruffy012

HSC
lol i haventy been here for a while, but im now finishing third year at GU - Nathan, still doing the B. Science, majoring in Chemistry, overall the uni is fairly good, but the timetabling sucks major donkey balls...

But over all, ive seen two Campus' Mount Gravatt Campus, which is for the Teaching and Psychology students mainly, but there is some arts, and other subjects there, and Nathan, which is about 4-5 times bigger, and has everything bar music, psych, teaching, as it's the major campus up at brisbane.

It's fun and it's worthwhile going there.

patty4848

HSC
Hey James, I might see you there...I intend to go to Griffith as well
Except I will be doing (hopefully) commerce/law

Does anyone know what sport is like at griffith nathan/gold coast...I am a major sport freak and am curious to know what its like?

Justin51289

HSC
Hello. I am new here.

I plan to do a Bachelor of Arts / Business next year at Griffith GC. I will apply for the double degree once I am accepted into the Arts degree because of the OP 6 required.

I will, hopefully, work in public service after I am finished at university.

Anyone else staying at Griffith University Village? On the GC. Because I am :).

J.

HSC
isn't it like op 10 now? i got into bachelor of arts/business in 2004 and the cutoff was 6, but i'm pretttty sure it's dropped since then.

Justin51289

HSC
No, I am pretty sure that the OP requirement is 6, or thereabouts.

J.

Justin51289

HSC
Wow, really?

Is that at the Gold Coast campus?

Sorry I can't follow the link. It will take ten hours to load.

Damn you OptusNet!

Thanks for that :). You're a champ.

J.

rocafella32

HSC
Hey Justin51289
Im doing dentistry at griffith and im right now living at Griff uni village, but hopefully next year i should be getting out of there
If theres anything you do, dont live at guv...its not too bad (like people are good except the arrogant americans), but its really strict here...like you cant even hold parties with 40+ people and the people who run it here hate people smoking weed and stuff ...AND also the interior sucks majorly...like its just grey concrete floors with white walls...resembles a prison cell...but if you dont mind living in a drab environment and you dont drink or smoke a lot, then this might be allright since you get to meet a lot of new people

But a massive catch is that its pretty expensive, so you might be better off just renting a house in parkwood, which is where the uni is (although GUV is like only 5 min walk to uni)

Last edited:

Justin51289

HSC
rocafella32 said:
Hey Justin51289
Im doing dentistry at griffith and im right now living at Griff uni village, but hopefully next year i should be getting out of there
If theres anything you do, dont live at guv...its not too bad (like people are good except the arrogant americans), but its really strict here...like you cant even hold parties with 40+ people and the people who run it here hate people smoking weed and stuff ...AND also the interior sucks majorly...like its just grey concrete floors with white walls...resembles a prison cell...but if you dont mind living in a drab environment and you dont drink or smoke a lot, then this might be allright since you get to meet a lot of new people

But a massive catch is that its pretty expensive, so you might be better off just renting a house in parkwood, which is where the uni is (although GUV is like only 5 min walk to uni)
Hey.

The things you cite don't really apply to me. I don't ever touch drugs and never want to, so "weed smoking" is a non-issue from my perspective.

I drink on occasion and parties are usually a smallish affair for me, certainly less than 40 people.

I have actually seen the interior and don't mind it. I have a few (large) mats that I can put down so the lack of carpet doesn't bug me, this is also good to prevent spills etc.

I know it's ludicrously expensive but what can you do? Lol.

I am actually looking for a room mate as it looks like I might be getting a two bedroom :)

Thanks for your feedback! =D.

J.

HSC
uni village and stuff like that are options too, it takes like 15 minutes or so to walk to uni though. after two years i'm prettttttty fucking over it though.

Justin51289

HSC
katietheskatie said:
uni village and stuff like that are options too, it takes like 15 minutes or so to walk to uni though. after two years i'm prettttttty fucking over it though.
After reading your post, I did a quick Google search.

I found NexusPlace which seems a trillion times better than Griffith University Village.

This forum is great. Thanks so much, Katietheskatie. :).

J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)