Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

HSC
Rhanoct said:
what the fuck, some of your schools are shitting all over the bos.
I actually agree.
I think it's unfair on others sitting the HSC for us to be given an exam we have already completed before (even if it was a year ago), similarly I think its unfair that certain posters on this thread have been given their exams beforehand as 'study guides'.

avoda28

HSC
thats so crap.. some schools are given their exams to study?
why? you dont get given the hsc to study. so why do it now? that will just fuk them up for the hsc as they wont be able to rely on that.

moz324

HSC
i had english yesterday, i think and hope i went ok. got SOR shortly, it will be a breeze.

HSC
avoda28 said:
why? you dont get given the hsc to study. so why do it now? that will just fuk them up for the hsc as they wont be able to rely on that.
yeah, that's like the exam i have in 2 hours, ancient history. we were given section one to do and hand in for marking, so we can improve our answers and get good marks when we write it in the exam. funny thing is, most people won't even bother to do it.

but yeah, i thought it was stupid. my first thought was wtf how is this supposed to help us in the HSC but they're like, "well technically they are ASSESSMENTS so we can give you as much or litle info as we want"

Stang

HSC
yay our half yearlys are finally over
woo hoo =]

cal-

Banned
HSC
lol, hand in exams? that's more of a joke than a diptych for an assessment.

HSC
cal- said:
lol, hand in exams? that's more of a joke than a diptych for an assessment.
sorry, my last post was a bit confusing. they're not hand in exams. they give us the exam, then we have a choice of what to do with it... do nothing, do the exam as practice, or do the exam as practice and hand it in to mark so we can improve it before the exam if necessary... i took the latter option. but yeah, it is a joke.

speaking of that exam, i spent so much time concentrating on the hand in part i'm pretty sure i screwed up one of the three unseen essays. byebye 90% hello epic failure...

Last edited:

cal-

Banned
HSC
oh, practice tests? yeah any teacher worth their weight will give those out... or do you mean a "practice test" which is the same question as the real exam? because that is a joke.

HSC
cal- said:
oh, practice tests? yeah any teacher worth their weight will give those out... or do you mean a "practice test" which is the same question as the real exam? because that is a joke.
we have practice exams, of course. but i meant that for our half-yearly exams they gave us the ENTIRE first section. as in said, "go print the first section of the 2006 sample paper. this is section one of your exam." and for section two they told us what the topics were. stupid, i know.

danz90

HSC
Ahh... had Chem and Bio today. I didn't mind chem.. it wasn't overly difficult, but a good test. Hoping for in the mid to high 80's range.

I didn't like the Bio exam.. it concentrated too much on certain things.. and missed quite a few dot points of the topics.. ie didnt include mendel, xylem/phloem, enzymes etc. Dunno wat to expect as a mark.....

5/7 exams completed. Economics and Maths ext 1 on monday and im doneee..

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
avoda28 said:
Today i was given my Modern History exam.
Which didn't really matter since i chose my 4 essay questions.
Maybe because teachers want kids to really study for it and do well?
Exams are set under the worst conditions. Gives people a chance?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
.x.Cookie.x. said:
Today i was given my Modern History exam.
Which didn't really matter since i chose my 4 essay questions.
Maybe because teachers want kids to really study for it and do well?
Exams are set under the worst conditions. Gives people a chance?
most studies show it makes little to no difference in results.
probably because the student who do poorly, wont study either way, and the best students are at a glass ceiling that, despite knowing the answer, can break the, say 18+ point to get a 20/20 answer.
And again, the middle students are marginally influenced.
So, basically, its useless, and, like people have said, you dont get your hsc to study.
better to do it cold from the start

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
and in other news, i did my english one on thursday. despite my english teacher insisting it was a straight foreward paper, it wasnt.
It focussed on varying perspectives in the journey, and apart from the tempest, all my texts have one perspective, so, i had to alter my thesis.
and add a character to my story that went nowhere, hah.

Muz4PM

HSC
I cannot wait for tomorrow will be over, I have the last of my exams then, my two extensions. I am confident I should do reasonable in my Extension English. Extension Maths however, hahahhahahahahaa. Not confident at all.

uritaliandesire

HSC
Hey Hunnies,
im new 2 dese discussions,
Jst invitin yaz 2 form a study group wif me
ani1 who does

Legal studies2
S.English2
G.maths2
Italian continuers2
Ext Italian1
Studies of Religion 1
Visual Arts 2

HAlF YRlzY ARGHH IM SO GNA FAIL MAFS 2MOZ, MA 1ST TEST IM GNA B SITIN COZ IVE BEE SIK, HSC IS ROUND TH CORNER 6mnths not Even! ARgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Im already ova it!!
I need High 80's :(
coz i wna do forensic science, OR finance OR graphic designin + photography lmao dont limit ur self i tink, coz u change as a person,

MWA Take Care, and if yaz want help nd do subjjects i do let me no, plus i have a few of ma brothers last yr study notes 4 business,geography etc sumwher under these piles of sheets

TC
:)

Muz4PM

HSC
uritaliandesire said:
Hey Hunnies,
im new 2 dese discussions,
Jst invitin yaz 2 form a study group wif me
ani1 who does

Legal studies2
S.English2
G.maths2
Italian continuers2
Ext Italian1
Studies of Religion 1
Visual Arts 2

HAlF YRlzY ARGHH IM SO GNA FAIL MAFS 2MOZ, MA 1ST TEST IM GNA B SITIN COZ IVE BEE SIK, HSC IS ROUND TH CORNER 6mnths not Even! ARgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Im already ova it!!
I need High 80's :(
coz i wna do forensic science, OR finance OR graphic designin + photography lmao dont limit ur self i tink, coz u change as a person,

MWA Take Care, and if yaz want help nd do subjjects i do let me no, plus i have a few of ma brothers last yr study notes 4 business,geography etc sumwher under these piles of sheets

TC
:)
It seems as if you will be failing English at that rate as well. (Generally advised that you speak in proper English around BOS.)

Aside from that barb, if you need any assistance with legal, PM me your problems and I will see if I can assist you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)