Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosiegoo

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007

32 days... so excited and freaked out at the same time. The HSC has pushed much of my HP knowledge to the back of my mind, so they holidays will be dedicated to bringing it back (and doing my major works. Damn).

kate_is_me said:
I'm probably going to be at work when the book comes out. Hopefully there won't be any idiots running around the book section, yelling out the ending to anyone who walks past.
That would suck so much. I've put an N/A for the whole weekend at work, not risking getting it spoiled. I didn't get book 6 spoiled, but book 5 i did.

Is anyone else dressing up? I sure am. :D Hehehe.

J

jhakka

I'll be selling the book all weekend. And it's a blackout period, so everyone will be working.

xx__savannah

HSC

goosiegoo said:
32 days... so excited and freaked out at the same time. The HSC has pushed much of my HP knowledge to the back of my mind, so they holidays will be dedicated to bringing it back (and doing my major works. Damn).

That would suck so much. I've put an N/A for the whole weekend at work, not risking getting it spoiled. I didn't get book 6 spoiled, but book 5 i did.

Is anyone else dressing up? I sure am. :D Hehehe.

Thank God for uni hols, I've just been re-reading all the books, and will be going through the movies eventually. I've N/Ad the Saturday it comes out -- I remember I had to work 9-5 last time, and it's opposite the book store and saw everyone in their costumes and walking around reading the book...

I'm trying to work out how to make/buy my costume. Hardest part is deciding what house to belong to...

J

jhakka

Get a Grim Reaper outfit from a costume shop and go as a Dementor.

HSC

Ohh i just remembered, for book 6 they had this hotline which people called and told them when they finished. And they mention the person who finishes the book first on the news [well they did last time]

So if anyone finishes this one real fast, call the hotline [if tey have one this time] and see if you end up first :)

Nearly a month till its out, times going fast!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I prefer to read it slowly than blitz through it. That way you find all the little things ...

HSC
I read it fast and still get the small stuff. But i'll probably go real slow with this book

elgost25

HSC
any one else doing what im douing, and re reading the series to get yourself up to speed, and so that you can work things (plots, suspects, interperetations of love) out better

HSC
YES. I've been doing that since the beginning of the week. I forgot have the stuff. So its good.

But now im reading Order of the Phoenix, and i think im going to be guessins whats going to happen next in every scene when watching the movie:(

goosiegoo

HSC
xx__savannah said:
I'm trying to work out how to make/buy my costume. Hardest part is deciding what house to belong to...
Hehe, I'm Gryffindor. I got my costume for an op shop, it's just like... the uniform in the movies. And i have this cloakey thing from a while ago, and an awesome wand.

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Ohh i just remembered, for book 6 they had this hotline which people called and told them when they finished. And they mention the person who finishes the book first on the news [well they did last time]

So if anyone finishes this one real fast, call the hotline [if tey have one this time] and see if you end up first :)

Nearly a month till its out, times going fast!
They were thinking about doing a hotline for people really depressed after the book. I'll be freaked out. I mean, the end of Harry Potter?!?

ObjectsInSpace said:
I prefer to read it slowly than blitz through it. That way you find all the little things ...
I read it slowly too, and often pick up on a lot more things. Also, i'm not gonna want it to be over, so i'll take my time...

Talitha31

HSC
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

How fast will you read it for the first time??? -will you finish it on opening weekend???

How would you feel going to school not having read it???
Would you miss a day to finish it???
Anybody to avoid in particular??

Personally I've stretched out the reading time for each book [ I think by Askaban it had become an event] as well as re-reading them a few times, but I might be tempted to finish Deathly Hallows quicker!

Talitha31

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I'm semi-conscious of that, but I didn't ask anything about the book, only how it might affect peoples' time at school in the days after it comes out.

Dave2007

HSC
I find every re-reading (up until about the 8th or so) you just picked up on all these little details. Like Rufus Scrimegour is not first mentioned in book 6, and all these various clues about relationships, just small details.

Oh yeah there was a guy who challenged me to a knowledge contest afew pages back, lost dreadfully. Any one else?

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

randomnezz

HSC

when does it actually comes out...i just assume that it was during the school holidays :p

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC

26th July at 9.01 (EST) and movie also comes out in July! Cant Wait, the faster you read it the better other wise you hear ppl talking about it and they ruin the ending

Mindreko

HSC
N/A

Can't wait. I don't care even if any SAC's or whatever are the next day. I ain't sleeping or doing anything else for that matter the moment the book touches my hand, only reading.

HSC

not going to school until i have finished it.....reason being was that some fag of a friend ruined the half blood prince for me by yelling out 'ANDY!!! DUMBLEDORE DIES!!!!!'

fag

gulamali

HSC

*BIRDIE* said:
has anyone pre orderd yet? i ordered mine like months ago!
for all the other releases the book stores are like you have to pre-order or you wont get copies, never happens. cant wait till the book though.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC

yeh i was working at The Warehouse (cheap shop) last yr when it was half blood prince was releaed - CRASY CHAOS of ppl! hint: Wait till the afternoon on same day, its cheaper! i think it dropped like $10 in price last yr in one day, trying to keep up with competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)