HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

Mongke

HSC
(excluding 1st and 2nd :s) ME!!!! cant read the books twice, once is all you can do. BUT you can see the 3rd over again and the 4th is a bit of a blockbusta but the 3rd makes up for it in my opinnion.

up all nite

HSC
yeah i agree... the movies dont really explain much.. and they cut alot out... its a discrace... i mean if the lord of the rings movies can go for like 3-4 hrs.. y cant the potter movies?..

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
LOL i think if they were 10 minute comedy sketches or were a series of operas each in three parts totalling 30 hours each, they'd all still break records solely because of what they're based on.

*...imagines an HP opera*

up all nite

HSC
The_highwayman said:
movies based on books are rarely better than the book itself.
This is true with the HP movies. Especially PS and CoS. Those movies sucked bad.
actually i found that PS and CoS were as faithfull to the book than anyother movies... it could be bcoz they had the same director... or coz those boooks were shorter?....

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
The only good thing about movies 1, 2 and 3 was the soundtrack. Sucks that John Williams didn't compose for GoF.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
No way, Richard Harris was a way better Dumbledore than... the current guy whose name escapes me.
OH MY GOD I KNOW.
I hate the yellow beard. I hate that it's in a ponytail. I hate his gay accent. Michael Gambon doesn't even sound like that in rl.
Pushing Harry up against the wall wtf?

Mongke

HSC
The_highwayman said:
I dunno, i think the new guy has grown on me. However, i expect everyone to start criticising this.
i agree, the new guy for me to :D he definitly fits for the 3rd. Richard Harris seemed too old to be a headmaster... well, in my experience of headmasters anyway.

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
DD was born circa 1840. For a guy who's 150, I think Richard Harris looked pretty young.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)