• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (2 Viewers)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Here's some confirmed information (meaning from interviews Rowling has done) about book 7:
Viktor Krum will reappear (I wonder what his role will be. I hope Ron's reaction isn’t to predictable)
Dolores Umbridge will be back (god it would be annoying if she has a significant part)
Something important will be revealed about Petunia; however it won’t be that she is a squib (that has me really thinking, especially after her actions in ootp)
The two way mirror will be back (that's probably the most intriguing revelation; what purpose does it have? Could it somehow be linked to Sirius? Would the image that Harry sees have changed since book 1? Could it now include Sirius and maybe Cedric?)
We will not have any doubt on where Snape’s loyalties lie (that had to be included in the final book)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
The above's from mugglenet right?

I think it's pretty much expected that the big finale will feature Harry battling to death with Voldemort, with Harry winning once and for all. I'm willing to bet a small amount of money that that's what will happen.

I mean, Rowling could kill off Harry, but little kids will cry.

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
Craig said:
The two way mirror will be back (that's probably the most intriguing revelation; what purpose does it have? Could it somehow be linked to Sirius? Would the image that Harry sees have changed since book 1? Could it now include Sirius and maybe Cedric?)
i think your getting the mirror that sirius gave to harry as a present in OotP (which enables you to talk through the mirror to the another person holding the second mirror) with the Mirror of Erised ( which shows your deepest desire)

and about the RAB thing i doubt it would be Regulus i hope its a totally new character but by the sound of the note seems that he\she is dead *shrugs* guess we have to wait and see.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
yeah, i agree with your interpretation of the mirror.

I think he'll be able to contact sirius through the mirror somehow...or maybe dumbledore in the world of the dead...

Or perhaps he'll find sirius' mirror in grimmauld place and give it to ron and hermione and then they can contact each other...

*Lozzie*

HSC
well theres no way Petunia can be a squib any way because she lilys sister lily is muggle born meaning her parents are muggles to be a squib you have to be born into a wizard/witch family but not be a wizard/witch

didnt harry smash his mirrior at the end of the 5th book when it wouldnt let him talk to sirius i could be wrong but from memory i thought he threw it back into his trunk(in that book he seemed to like throwing alot of things possibilty for book 7 send him to anger management classes lol) and it smashed

Rinni

HSC
*Lozzie* said:
in that book he seemed to like throwing alot of things possibilty for book 7 send him to anger management classes lol
I like that idea lol.
Maybe Petunia isn't really lily's sister. (I know that was really random and I don't know where it came from lol) I mean they don't seem at all alike. Meh I don't have any other ideas.
I like the sounds of the two way mirror though. I think Surius should be in the last book (he is/was my fav character). So that sounds like she's made it possible. YAY :)

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
hah he is a moody child and he did smash the mirror but i think its still in his suitcase??? not sure a about that.

i really do hope that sirius is back in the last book but again highly unlikely, he was my second favourite character, second to lupin of coarse who is awesome.

katy-g

HSC
Logain said:
Alan Rickman is awesome in Galaxy quest as the Spock-like character. And that movie has Rainn Wilson from the US Office version. :D Good movie that, must watch it again.

HELLO!! Die hard??

Totally the best Alan Rickman film ever.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I hope like hell that the next book will offer closure - any more sequels/spin-offs and I will be pissed.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
there might still be sequels. if Ron or Hermoine survive there will be people who want sequels and that's not to mention all the other character either. unless she kills off every significant character there will be sequels.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Actually, there won't be sequels.

Unless you mean written by other people.

In which case there's several hundred million of them already. They're just all really bad.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
ones that get made into novels. that become canon like the expanded universe for Star Wars.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
What if:
- JKR died before completing no. 7, or
- JKR passed her imperial mandate to some kinda heir who was then authorised by some divine authority to write canon, or
- "Someone" kidnapped JKR and due to their dillusions forced her to write a H/Hr fan-ish story as the ending to no. 7, or

- various other incredibly unlikely scenarios?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)