HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

erin_tonkin

HSC
there could be something of dumbledore left in Fawkes. they are so closely linked i think it is a possibility

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I don't really like the loss of innocence...man...all these dark and evil aspects make me go *shivers*...I was told the ending before I had a chance to read it!!! AAARRRGGGHHH...I'd been waiting until after the HSC, but someone just had to spoil my patience. When the 7th and last book is released, I'm going to get to the bookshop at 9am and lock myself in my room afterwards...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Although, I forgot to mention, Dumbledore will be seen at least once more. Harry will probably have a nice chat to Dumbledore's portrait (maybe more than once) about how Dumbledore found and destroyed the ring (something he was going to tell Harry). And Dumbledore may be in someone else's memory. Fawkes may return to help Harry, since he (Harry) remains loyal to Dumbledore. Dumbledore's influence is not gone completely, remember the line "I'll only be truly gone when none here are loyal to me" and Harry remains "Dumbledore's man through and through".

As for the next book, I just hope it's not released anytime near a test or an assignment due date. I read the last one in less than a week (before uni went back). I had to take it went my sisters went to school and bed, since I was third in line. I'll probably buy my own copy though, I can't stand the suspense, and I can't trust everyone to keep their mouths shut about the ending.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Pilgrim said:
fawkes is dumbledores horcrux. dumbledore says "please" to snape before he "kills" him coz snape made one of those promises. and snape is worth more as a spy.

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
How did he create his horcrux? I.E. Who did he kill?

I dont think he'll be alive again, but he'll comunicate to Harry. The most likely way I've heard is through a Portrait of Dumbledore's...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
That evil dude back in 1945?
Grindelwald.

Not to mention all the Death Eaters / other evil ppl he would have killed in his time.

xXconfusedXx

in the dark
HSC
Walking Mushroo said:
who reckons Harry and Draco should get it on in the next book? ALLL the signs point to a hot gay love-making scene in the forbidden forest

Anyone read fanfic? haha, i am so sick...
heres a possible blurb cover for the harry/draco slash fans:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/660509/snowhugS.jpg :D
i have recently fell in love with Harry and Draco fanfics im actually reading one now. too bad they'd never be able to get together in the books what would the young children think when they read about harry and draco making out?

i totally hate the idea of hermione and ronald (the movies really affects my opinions although i don't picture the actors while reading the fanfics)

what are your opinions on the movies peoples??

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
PaleReflection said:
Grindelwald.

Not to mention all the Death Eaters / other evil ppl he would have killed in his time.
Re-reading PS atm... he didn't kill Grindelwald, it says he 'defeated him', so for all we know he could still be alive.

Anyway, anyone take the W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 1 test on jkrowling.com? Results are up.

up all nite

HSC
Pilgrim said:
fawkes is dumbledores horcrux. dumbledore says "please" to snape before he "kills" him coz snape made one of those promises. and snape is worth more as a spy.

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
i rekon the only reason dumbledore says "please" is to sound more scared infront of harry... my therory is that dumbledore and snape planned this all along.. and in the 7th book, snape will help harry out in destroying all the horcrux.....far fetched i kinda know... but think abt it.. y else would dumbledore say please?... i mean the guy isnt afraid of death..
wat do u guys think?

Mongke

HSC
i will make a shrine for JKR, sacrifice a lamb each week and never say a bad thing about the books again.... if Harry dies in the last book. all the respect ive lost for her as ive grown up will be disregarded and i will forever hold her name holy. long live Lord Voldemort!!! tho id rather Snape kills him and Allan Rickman takes over as the big bad :D

SPOILER:
she kills off every interesting character on the good side anyway so she mite as well kill Harry. my favourite characters on the good side: Dumbledoor, Lupin, Tonks, Sirius, Cedrick. what do you notice about the majority of them? theyre pushing up daisies!! They’ve kicked the bucket, they have gone to meet their maker!! Cant have a book with no characters left! I think Tonks is next.

ezaweirdo

HSC
my favorite characters were also sirius black. personally don't care if she killsoff harry because she's making him in to a bit of a girl. i really wanted to slap him in this novel. so long as she doesn't kill off ron i don't care. i also think nevil should live and start a leper colony.....no only kidding i really love lupin to there should be more of him-i hope your paying attention ms rowling.
what did peple think of the latest harry potter movie-i liked it but i wish they would give daniel radcilff acting lessons and also give tom felton (draco) more screen time mmmmmmmmmmmm.

katy-g

HSC
Harry is a bit of a whimp hey... but i dont want him to die... Unless he dies to safe the fate of the free world or something... so he dies as a hero.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I've said it before, and i'll say it again:
No more namby-pamby "you have love harry. it will save you" crap.
Book 7 needs action dammit! They've got powers! Use the damn things and blow some stuff up! Nobody believes these are actually childrens books anymore, so go crazy JK and give us something cathartic!

HSC
Yeah, what I want for book 7 is 500 pages of explanation clearing up all the main questions and theories regarding the series then 500 pages of non-stop action, and not the wimpy kids dueling kind of action, I want real spells, real deaths and I want the kids (and the Order too) to show how powerful they really are instead of just using boring spells that they always use and which only inconvenience the enemy for a small time.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
lol, i always get so frustrated when i can think of spells that they could use to make a situation so much better. I mean, in PoA, why didnt they say "Petrificus totalis" to Pettigrew, then "locomotor peter pettigrew"? that way, they could have got him out of the tree and he wouldnt have been able to run away. Sirius would probably still be alive if they had just thought for a second.

Oh, and the part in OotP where harry doesnt listen to dumbledore and wont get over his stupid stubborn hatred for snape. That makes me mad too. I'm like, buddy, if u trust this guy (dumbledore) then do what he says u dimwit!
Sometimes i wish harry was more like hermione. I like her. She's smart and logical most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)