Has anyone repeated the HSC? (1 Viewer)

thetai903

HSC
Has anyone you know or yourself repeated the HSC? Please include the reasons why. I would like to hear opinions on this.
( Some reasons might be not getting to Med/ Laws :), or medical conditions. )

timdoodchops

HSC
yeah i repeated yr 11.
i had an opperation on my knee. and was out for about a month. but then i decided to repeat basically to change my subjects.

the only thing is.. the day after i signed out, i got told the subjects i was repeating for weren't running for the following year. so when i went back to shcool the next year to do yr 11 again. i had worse subjects than what i originally had. ha ha.
or well.
if the plan worked it would have been good.

thetai903

HSC
yeah i repeated yr 11.
i had an opperation on my knee. and was out for about a month. but then i decided to repeat basically to change my subjects.

the only thing is.. the day after i signed out, i got told the subjects i was repeating for weren't running for the following year. so when i went back to shcool the next year to do yr 11 again. i had worse subjects than what i originally had. ha ha.
or well.
if the plan worked it would have been good.
Thanks for telling me this. It is your 1st post too.

hairspray

HSC
This girl who was in my grade repeated yr11 cos she felt that she didnt try hard enough in the prelims =/

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
1, Coming to the hard decision of doing it again and the stigma attached (took me a while)
2, Quiting apprenticship (s/p) --> this was easier then expected
3, begging principal
4, determination to get to this point

its been worth it though,

Uncle

Banned
HSC
hsc is too easy to repeat.

rather defer subjects in uni (subjects there are at least 3 times workload than the combined prelim & hsc subject) than repeat a whole school year to waste time.

sj1990

HSC
I've repeated year 12 for health reasons. It was a surprisingly easy decision to make, because at the time I was so sick that I'd only go to school once or twice a week, and then most of that time was spent in the sick bay or leaving home early. Not only was it taxing on my health by staying at school, but the teachers couldn't afford to waste lesson time ensuring I was ok. So, I left school and had seven months to recuperate. The hardest decision was whether or not I should try for my hsc again, and if so, at tafe or my old school. In the end, there wasn't really any doub - I was always going to get my hsc, and I'm very proud to say that graduation is FINALLY here next week! It's been hard, but worth it.
Any particular reason why you want to know?

Vespers

HSC
I'm repeating the HSC this year, I guess. I dropped out of school last year, partly due to chronic illness, but largely because the UAI I'd have graduated with would have been severely below what I would deem acceptable. It's been a god awful year but hopefully in a couple of months time I'll get what I want, and it'll all be worth it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My mate got really bad marks for his physics, chem and engineering exams. Since he wanted to go on in this area, he's repeating HSC to do it over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)