Has the 'Does God Exist Thread' impacted you in any way?? (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
umm maybe you shouold look into it a bit more before you start saying people who believe in god are delusional. I, for one, am not delusional, but i believe in god.
Take a look at biochemistry for instance.
It was not around when the theory of evolution was put in place, it is a newer science, and it pretty much blows the theory of evolution out of the water.

I think people who dismiss others as ignorant because they don't believe the same thing are the ignorant ones.
Considering biochemistry hinges on the existence and correctness of evolution, and indeed affirms it, I find it very curious how you plan to justify such a claim?

Unless you're referring to the differences between the modern theory of evolution (which is a holistic thing integrating chemistry, physics, mathematics, and many fields of biology) and the classic version Darwin put forth, which was a dumbed down but still highly enlightening precursor.

Last edited:

kandyman

HSC
lmaooooo nah im pretty good. Now say sorry to ur god! u have embarrassed him!!!!! (is that how u spell embarassed/embarrassed/????)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Made me more of an atheist, if anything.
On a scale of 1 (total belief that there is a god) and 7 (total belief that there is no god), what are you?

I'm a six. That means I don't believe in God, and my default position is to believe that there is not God (just as there is no santa, fairies, lesbian vampires, etc.), however i believe that it is impossible to prove either way. I'm as close to believing in God as I am to the lesbian vampires (though lesbian vampires would be way cooler).

I call myself an atheist, but most of my religious friends call me an agnostic just to piss me off. I'll settle with agnostic atheist.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
I used to almost feel as though I needed to apologise for being catholic. Having mostly dealt with catholics at high school, family, church(duh) I'd encountered plenty of whackos and read some wonderful works from athiests and agnostics which gave me this silly notion that they were all grounded level headed, reasonable, intellectuals. But the DGE thread has opened my eyes to an exceptional number of pig headed, irrational, unreasonable, blinded by pride agnostics and athiests.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
I used to almost feel as though I needed to apologise for being catholic. Having mostly dealt with catholics at high school, family, church(duh) I'd encountered plenty of whackos and read some wonderful works from athiests and agnostics which gave me this silly notion that they were all grounded level headed, reasonable, intellectuals. But the DGE thread has opened my eyes to an exceptional number of pig headed, irrational, unreasonable, blinded by pride agnostics and athiests.
But what about the muslims?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Yes coz like i believe in god and that idiot better get started on get rid of that dunb thread:mad:

themerald

HSC
sorry "blows it out of the water" was maybe the wrong term to use, certainly got most of you fired up. All the same, I still believe in god, no matter how much bad rep you all give me! :)

I still hold too that i am not delusional.

Sprangler

HSC
Yes coz like i believe in god and that idiot better get started on get rid of that dunb thread:mad:
The thread will not be gotten "rid of". You are obviously a Muslim, with your beliefs most likely pushed on you by your parents. We can respect your beliefs, but you have to respect atheist/agnostic beliefs. The general basis for both of those is that: There is no evidence for the existence of a God.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
sorry "blows it out of the water" was maybe the wrong term to use, certainly got most of you fired up. All the same, I still believe in god, no matter how much bad rep you all give me! :)

That would be because your statement was utterly wrong.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC

I don't give a flying fuck whether you believe in god or not; I do care whether you believe in patent and disproven rubbish like creationism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)