has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private school? (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Re: has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private scho

Probably.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Re: has there been ANYONE who got a 100uai who did not go to a selective/private scho

yep. 2 people from cherrybrook tech got 100 last year. its not a selective nor a private school

the quality of public education varies widely. Often youll find yourself a bad cohort or bda teachers. To do well, You have to work harder to learn the material -- ie do more than the required work set out by the teachers -- but it will obviously pay off.

Someone got 100 in the '04 cohort @ cherrybrook as well

PrettyVacant

HSC

A High Way Man said:
did Ennaybur actually get 100?

Mr bakr

HSC

my cousin got 99.95 and his brother got 99.4 adn they went to epping boys -a public school!

backrowcentre

HSC
Holy shit! Is there a lot of pressure on you to do well?

As for me, there is no pressure, but I will get 100. Mhmpphh

PrettyVacant

HSC
backrowcentre said:
Holy shit! Is there a lot of pressure on you to do well?

As for me, there is no pressure, but I will get 100. Mhmpphh
There's a shitload of pressure on me. My sister got 99.95 UAI and got the university medal (ie. Duxed) for Economics at Sydney Uni this year. ><

dreamee

HSC

Someone who went to Penshurst Girls got 100 or pretty damn close or a few years ago.

taki999

HSC

Mr bakr said:
my cousin got 99.95 and his brother got 99.4 adn they went to epping boys -a public school!
Mr Bakr what year was this? our 06 year screwed up epping's reputation. From 99 from 2005 too ranking of 192 in 2006 after the HSC. See guys really it's about how dedicated you are to getting achieving what you want. ie high UAIs for you guys. It's got nothing to do with what school you go to. See, proberly the difference with Mr bakr's brother's year and 2005 was proberly that they were more determined to get better marks than those of 2006. (Im in uni)
Really it depends on how you teach yourself. Going to a selective school really just puts pressure/ expects you to get a better UAI due to competition from other top students within that school.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

the-derivative said:
Somebody's confident...lol - best of luck to you - hope you do get 100!
Lol Patrician Brothers. A bit off topic, but do you know a guy called Francis Missaghi who goes to your school? xD.

TunaFish

HSC

dreamee said:
Someone who went to Penshurst Girls got 100 or pretty damn close or a few years ago.
Penshurst Girls High only takes girls up till year 10.
Most of them then go onto Oatly for years 11 & 12.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

It's the student, not the school. Although being in a top school does help.

shutup434

HSC

chuck norris.

bored of sc

HSC

shutup434 said:
chuck norris.
Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal in reaction to a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Actually there is. The force imposed upon the unlucky person who just got kicked.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC

taki999 said:
Mr Bakr what year was this? our 06 year screwed up epping's reputation. From 99 from 2005 too ranking of 192 in 2006 after the HSC. See guys really it's about how dedicated you are to getting achieving what you want. ie high UAIs for you guys. It's got nothing to do with what school you go to. See, proberly the difference with Mr bakr's brother's year and 2005 was proberly that they were more determined to get better marks than those of 2006. (Im in uni)
Really it depends on how you teach yourself. Going to a selective school really just puts pressure/ expects you to get a better UAI due to competition from other top students within that school.
The 06 graduates really fucked up our reputation. Some of my friends asked why we got such horrible HSC results and the school was speechless, they were only able to say crap like 'umm... those were... umm... the worst HSC results we have ever obtained... so yeah... just ignore them'. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)