(HELP) James Ruse Workload (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey there, this is my first post on this forum

I got into James Ruse for Year 10 from Normanhurst Boys, and I'm just wondering the amount of workload I'd expect from this new school

I'm not even a top student in Normanhurst, and although I'd say I'm a hard-working student, I know James Ruse will be really challenging in terms of workload, so how much should I expect?

Is 3 hours a day enough for catching up to James Ruse students?

Thanks

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC

I got into James Ruse for Year 10 from Normanhurst Boys, and I'm just wondering the amount of workload I'd expect from this new school

I'm not even a top student in Normanhurst, and although I'd say I'm a hard-working student, I know James Ruse will be really challenging in terms of workload, so how much should I expect?

Thanks
8 hours a day minimum at home would be sufficient. Ruse kids generally only sleep 3 out of 7 days a week, so be prepared

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
nah jk, 3 hours is sufficient for year 10 but totally depends on your ability and how fast you complete work.
year 11 and certainly year 12 you will probs need to do more if you want to excel at ruse

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC

Thanks
I personally don't go to ruse, but my tutor did. She is really organised and time efficient. She basically has a concrete timetable for herself everday! I'd say just build up this habit of making a good plan for each day and set goals for yourself (note, these should be achievable goals). Learn to be smart with how you learn content- such as using mindmaps and active recall- as this is what will distinguish you from the herd (i.e the cohort).

On another note though: CONGRATS ON GETTING INTO JRAHS!!!! ♥ 🙏💪 All the best man! Keep grinding!!!

HSC
Nah, I'm not that smart, I didn't even get A in all subjects, and rarely got full marks in assignment. I think the only thing that made me get in was the extracurricular activities I was doing, so if you're passionate with studying or learning, they recognise you for it.

Besides, as long as you do hard work, you can get great HSC marks whether you go to a selective school or not

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Don't bring yourself down - you're gonna be completely fine honestly

If you got into ruse we can all assume you're a very smart cookie, maybe not the smartest in the cookie jar, but still much much better than whatever garbage cookies exist out in whoop whoop wagga wagga rural @nsw..wollongong farmsville @carrotsss

(this was a horrid analogy but I guess if you understood it we can assume that you're smart <3)

all jokes aside you'll be fine, just try not to stress too hard and always remember to enjoy the spare time you have while you still have it (I'm assuming HSC at ruse is gonna be nightmarish) -- good luck and much love!!!

nsw..wollongong

HSC
If you got into ruse we can all assume you're a very smart cookie, maybe not the smartest in the cookie jar, but still much much better than whatever garbage cookies exist out in whoop whoop wagga wagga rural @nsw..wollongong farmsville @carrotsss
the sad thing is that I'm not even classified as rural so i don't get any benefits

Last edited:

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Don't bring yourself down - you're gonna be completely fine honestly

(this was a horrid analogy but I guess if you understood it we can assume that you're smart <3)

all jokes aside you'll be fine, just try not to stress too hard and always remember to enjoy the spare time you have while you still have it (I'm assuming HSC at ruse is gonna be nightmarish) -- good luck and much love!!!
no way wagga gets classified as rural theres like 70k people there thats bs lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)