HEY! how to be a member of the mods (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Laz - considering you have spent a year at usyd, and have yet to commence studies at unsw, are you considered to be of "questionable" character? Should I be clutching at my handbag with poised to dial "112" on my mobile in your presence?
I can assure you that Lazarus' character is completely infallible - in fact, he's a robot. A mean, green, phonebook eating robot. :D

More seriously, I think he finally saw the light and moved away from the Castle of Despair :uhhuh:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
...I eat phonebooks? :p

If you're somehow implying, timmii, that I am still infused with the dark blood, banish the thought from your mind. :D

You know I was always a UNSW boy. :cool::rolleyes:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
If you're somehow implying, timmii, that I am still infused with the dark blood, banish the thought from your mind. :D
further references to precious fluid that offers eternal damnation ... ;p

'tis more of a trust thing. It's easier to judge someone's character when you've met them in real life than through a (brief) series of postings in a virtual world. that's my justification
thank goodness you missed out on my earlier posts than (those from about 50 to 400) :p

Brief? I've practically wasted, i mean, "spent" my holidays on here, sadly enough
havent we all ... at least we'll have something to show for it ... :p

SoFTuaRiaL

Yes, well, the difference is, timmi, he is at UNSW, and you are not. :D:D

I AM AT UNSW TOOOOOOOOOO
how bout giving me some consideration??
* looks left n right *
hey laz, lets make a deal bout it ........... * thinks hard for a deal * .... pssht !! :mad:

Soul

New Title...

LOL!

*searches for hidden cameras*

*finds none*

*moves on*

I've started a trend! *punches air with fist or rather realises that typing this*

Well, anyways, we all know that i'm a man of many talents:D

SO, Laz! pleeeaassse!!! can i be a mod of legal studies or design and technology (prefer legal!!!)?

i can pm you but briefly - my 'qualifications' are thus
*ahem*

1. Re: Design Tech - My project - 3d working simulation + animation of a mechanical geared system was nominated for the Powerhouse museum AND i received band 6 AND I received a certificate of commendation from BOS

2. Re: Legal Studies (Strongest Preference!) well, I got high marks for this AND im now doing law AND SIGNIFICANTLY: I've been away from boards cos i've been attending an immigration law conference/seminar - embarked upon by myself (cost big $ - im am talking k's) cos well, law is 'fun' - just did the examination

3. *nudges* Im doing LAW @ the best uni (as you are)

4. *further nudge* timmii? who's that?? lol, soon everyone will forget this person!, me? well, let me just say that i've been around for ages so im in for long run!

5. And um, I know Ian 'fatmuscle'! and um, invited him to paintball last week but he's saving up $! does that help? hehe

You Know Who to Trust! *extends hand and teeth sparkle*

oooh! if i get a 1000 post count can u consider me for uni mods??? puleezz!!! oh great Laz! i extoll your virtues that are repeated throughout the boards!

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
for all those people out there doing law...
do u like telling people your doing 'law at UNSW/the University of Sydney'....and when u do ...do u get a kick outta it??

and do u go outta your way to tell someone or get them to ask...
Mm.. I did... except now I hate saying it... and stay as far away from it as I can.. :p changes people's opinions too much...

'get them to ask' heheh. how many other people actually use these manipulative tactics. :)

kini mini

HSC
Mm.. I did... except now I hate saying it... and stay as far away from it as I can.. :p changes people's opinions too much...

'get them to ask' heheh. how many other people actually use these manipulative tactics. :)
I didn't do anything to get people to ask, in fact as I said at the time I felt there were vultures were circling me to find out LOL! I didn't really have to tell that many people who didn't seem to know already :rolleyes:

Soul

New Title...
Power Corrupts, Absolute Power is MORE FUN!

yeah Asquith man! i am thirsty for authority round here!

and good conversational topic you started too about... DO YOU GET AN EGO KICK OUTTA SAYING U R DOING LAW?

hmmm, my comments...

- Yeah, im proud of it, i worked damn hard to get it, harder than most, so when someone asks, "ooh what are you doing this year???" i tend to think that they will think "stuck-up prick, my son/daughter didnt get in, probably turn out to be a prick lawyer"
or "fucking showoff" just cos i say what im doing...

Although when i do answer, they tend to go "ooh, good on you!" and most of the people i know will genuinely mean it...

Its sort of hard saying it to my peers, for example - i saw a guy i knew at UNSW while confirming enrolment for law - very smart guy- and I am TOTALLY sure that he was suprised*** i even got into uni, let alone LAW (dinnerplate eyes;) ), or even saying it to people you know really wanted to do law but didnt get the marks ya know?

(***try getting in effect a UAI estimate of 60 less - don't make me explain)

another thing is parents, right?, its like a status thing if your son is doing medicine or law, especially in some asian communities (i know) :rolleyes:

So, I am proud of getting into law, for me its an achievement in itself just to get in! and when people ask... I say it, and I AM PROUD cos it reminds me of achieving goals (plus it is good for my ego!)

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Urgh, yeah, being proud is good, but, well... I got sick of all of my sister's friends pretending every action I made was some snobbish upper class thing.. :p meh. I suppose they are only 15. But yeah I'd say that I'm usually fairly proud of it. My reluctance probably stems from a fear of being seen as arrogant, as well (which happens more often than it should.. surprising the number of people who think 'god' anything close to a serious user title :/).

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
inept cretin?! moronic troglodyte!!

agreed, then. :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Oh, so you guys didn't pick law just to tell people you were doing it? Why on earth would you choose it then??? :confused:

Moi? I tell everyone I meet that I'm doing it, I then tell them my UAI (before they have a chance to feel awkward about not asking), and then, if I think they are particularly nice, I might tell them my name. It even dominates my signature. I've already gone through 3 packs of business cards detailing that very vital information, just by handing them out to passers by at shopping centres.

I know the coles checkout chick was duly impressed when my intuition lead me to pre-empt the inevitable follow-up question to "will that be cheque or savings?" by saying "yes, I am doing commerce/law at usyd, and very much looking forward to telling more people that."

kini mini

HSC
You got up at 7.56 this morning to post that too timmii? :p

Yeah, i agree with McLake, you could get a little badge made up...even better, if you kept your tag from the Premier's Award there's just enough space to add your UAI and course ;) :D.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Kini - I can't believe you bothered to look at the time ( oh and 8:41 doesn't really give the impression of a "cool" and indifferent forum user either...why were *you* up?) :p For your information i was up at 6:30 - i just looked at my emails before i left for work, hence the early time of the post. *glare at lazy forum bludger*

As for the badge/nametag suggestions, I really don't think they will be necessary, as aside from the business cards I have been handing out, i have already ordered a t-shirt and a hat with the vital info on it so that i don't actually have to try and talk to all the plebs i pass in the street in order to make them aware of my "status". Oh, and before you ask. Yes it is printed on front and back - one can never be *too* complacent you know...

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Kini - I can't believe you bothered to look at the time ( oh and 8:41 doesn't really give the impression of a "cool" and indifferent forum user either...why were *you* up?) :p For your information i was up at 6:30 - i just looked at my emails before i left for work, hence the early time of the post. *glare at lazy forum bludger*
I'm a meticulous person, as all law students should be in preparation for future bilking by the hour ;). Of course I look at the time :p. FYI I was up early to go to the UNSW commerce orientation that started at 9.30, only I couldn't be bothered listening to speeches and showed up at 11 for the morning tea instead :D.

timmii

sporadic attendee
And how was the tea? Meet any nice people?

For someone so proud of living 15mins from unsw, u could have left your house after writing that message and still been early for the lectures...*tsk*tsk* :p As a future lawyer, you should always be ready to acquire information from many sources...:p

kini mini

HSC
And how was the tea? Meet any nice people?
The tea was pretty basic, a few small packs of chips, damp biscuits, orange juice...

But I met a guy I used to know from fencing who's now in 3rd year law, who told me about the camp and generously offered notes :). I hadn't seen him for a while so I talked to him for most of the time (when I wasn't bumping into yet another Grammar guy) until we were herded back in for a lecture on how uni was different from school. That got *very* boring and I played games on my palm for most of the time :D.

The lunch was truly awful...I thought Grammar canteen sandwiches were bad but I now have a sense of perspective :p. Went to a restaurant I know in Kingsford with two friends instead :D.

For someone so proud of living 15mins from unsw, u could have left your house after writing that message and still been early for the lectures...*tsk*tsk* :p
Indeed. But I had much more entertaining things to do at home :D.

As a future lawyer, you should always be ready to acquire information from many sources...:p
Naturally ;). But in the modern workplace we must be careful to optimise our use of time and remain aware at all times of the possibility of diminishing returns, e.g. hearing the same thing three times. Prioritisation is an essential skill ;).

Sadly it seems that USyd people, steeped in the illustrious yet anachronistic traditions of their university, have yet to assimilate this skill that is fundamental to the 21st century workplace ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)