HEY! how to be a member of the mods (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I bumped into a group of Grammar ppl as well today
C.Tang and his friends, u kno them kini?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
I bumped into a group of Grammar ppl as well today
C.Tang and his friends, u kno them kini?
I don't know him that well, but I do know him :). Who else was with him that I might know? There were quite a few Grammar guys around, I forgot someone's name for ten terrifying seconds, good thing when he came up he spoke to another of my friends first :eek:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Kini, it is so strange that there are people in your year you didn't know! But then again there are people who i can see myself not seeing/forgetting very quickly, which is kinda sad in a way.

A very enthusiastic o-week friend of mine also left the commerce-thing early because it was so boring. Quite an indictment, since he has also been trying to get the usyd schedule from me so as to come to *our* o-week as well. And i thought *i* was bad ;) :p

Anyway I hope o-week is better for you today! :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Kini, it is so strange that there are people in your year you didn't know! But then again there are people who i can see myself not seeing/forgetting very quickly, which is kinda sad in a way.
I did know him, that's the embarassing part :eek:. I hadn't spoken to himmuch lately, but I sat next to him in year 10 German :).

However, there are people whose names I learned quite recently and am forgetting just as fast because I have nothing whatsoever to do with them. In a year of 190 there are sure to be people you hardly see..what's your excuse? ;)

A very enthusiastic o-week friend of mine also left the commerce-thing early because it was so boring. Quite an indictment, since he has also been trying to get the usyd schedule from me so as to come to *our* o-week as well. And i thought *i* was bad ;) :p

Anyway I hope o-week is better for you today! :D
I am defintiely not so desperate I want to go to 2 o-weeks :p. Today was good though, had a reasonable library orientation talk & tour, wasgoing to the lecture on studying accounting but found after particularly boring last part of the library talk that IO couldn't sit down :D. So I went and signed up for various clubs instead :).

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
hahaha. nice. :)

sorry, that ignore tag was just a big signal to look at it. :gridnod:

I'd post mine except for the fact that my wallet is currently at a friend's house. but when I get it back...

My student card doesn't have "LLB" under the "Law/Kens/UG" thing. Should I be worried? :confused: Hmmmm.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
rofl soul! brilliant. :D

and I do have law on my card... it says "Law/Kens/UG", just not LLB... bahh.

Soul

New Title...
agreed, operation fishnet is in action

Following many innovation awards and a furious amount of PM'ing among us guys, my new technique, called 'date-engineering' will commence next week, codename "Fishnet"

Expect to see many UNSW student ID's lying around trendy cafes and clubs, especially one's belonging to soul, laz and asquithian- hope we get prime fish,

I SERIOUSLY Hope you don't pull in any whales! or guys! haha Noo!!!!

happy fishing!

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

My student card doesn't have "LLB" under the "Law/Kens/UG" thing. Should I be worried? :confused: Hmmmm.
Mine says the same as yours. How perplexing.

At least its better than my friend who got a late round offer into medicine, and instead of giving her an entirely new ID, they simply printed the word "MED" on her old ID, above "Psych", the course she was previously enrolled in. Only someone into extremely ambitious girls would be wanting her!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more

Mine says the same as yours. How perplexing.

At least its better than my friend who got a late round offer into medicine, and instead of giving her an entirely new ID, they simply printed the word "MED" on her old ID, above "Psych", the course she was previously enrolled in. Only someone into extremely ambitious girls would be wanting her!
Interesting!

Though i think usyd wins for having the dodgiest student cards. ironically my *fake* student ID looked 20 times more legit than my *real* one! :rolleyes: It doesn't have my faculty, d.o.b or anything, and its too big to actually fit anywhere remotely convenient in my wallet! But it *does* have "university of sydney" on it - so I'll quit whinging :p :D

1 more

fructis
HSC

But it *does* have "university of sydney" on it - so I'll quit whinging :p :D
Personally, i'd find reason to whinge with that...:p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more

Personally, i'd find reason to whinge with that...:p
Hmmm, i suppose I *was* asking for it, posting under the unsw forum and all...

Guess i must just thank my lucky stars you haven't barred me for studying on the "wrong side of the tracks" yet... :p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC

Guess i must just thank my lucky stars you haven't barred me for studying on the "wrong side of the tracks" yet... :p
That's because we know how misrable the Usyd forum must be ...

kini mini

HSC

Count your blessings timmii :p

My card is the same as Laz's btw :D. And why doesn't it say commerce or science or whatever as well??

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by McLake

That's because we know how misrable the Usyd forum must be ...
Coz they're all out having lives...being interesting etc. As sole remnant from usyd on this side of the forum, i have played a considerable role in making this section a little more interesting and amusing for you poor unsw-students...;)

*argh* sorry! sometimes the sweet, demure, humble side of my personality just disappears...Anyway, enough with the rivalry - i haven't even been "orientated" yet! :D

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC

Count yours that I'm still here anyway - you *know* you'd miss me :D
How modest and retiring these Usyd people are :p - I thought Grammar guys were bad but oh how wrong I was ;)

Coz they're all out having lives...being interesting etc. As sole remnant from usyd on this side of the forum, i have played a considerable role in making this section a little more interesting and amusing for you poor unsw-students...;)
You're just about the sole USyd remnant on the entire forum ;)

Here we are, going to just about every O-week activity (well I am at least :D ), and we still make time to post...looks like they've simply abandoned you timmii :D.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
Here we are, going to just about every O-week activity (well I am at least :D ), and we still make time to post
Yup, getting up early just to check last night's posts before I leave, and coming back to check on a day's worth of posting. My god, how sad I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)