Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
boris said:
I think it's 50% trolling, 50% truth.

I'd still have his babies. I'm good at that.
oh, you have 1 and now your an expert, pshaw!

*hugs*

esquared

HSC
Iron said:
To have a functioning government, society and species, you need swallow a variety of lies about the absolutist nature of things. You need to understand and compromise to mass instincts. Sexuality is one such major instinct. By making a concession to the truth of homosexuality, you make it just that much harder for the majority of folks to slip into their majority heterosexual relationships and start making babies for a healthy future. This is the greater good
The greater good
surely, SURELY you're being satirical

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Well you come from an all boys school, that's pretty sheltered in general. I'm not saying YOU personally are sheltered, but once you get into the real world etc you'll see how it's pretty sheltered. An all boys school has its own bizarre social dynamics etc.

I went to an all girls school, and the neighbouring all-boys school were horrible with the gay jokes too. You don't defend them because you want to keep your place in the social pecking order. But when you get out of there, you'll hopefully take a grasp of what's appropriate in the real world; that all people deserve the same rights as everyone else. And hopefully you won't be quiet about it either. Honestly, it's such an injustice. The last thing we need is anyone's apathy.
Yes I remember that in primary school and high school "gay" was a synonym for stupid. However those who "came out" in my school (I won't mention name(s) of course) were not discriminated against but rather applauded for their bravery. The downside is that this encouraged them to define their identity by their sexuality.

Anyways I don't think Iron's concerns are well founded. History is a progression from naivety to repression, repression to acceptance and acceptance to apathy. Homosexual identity I think is one step behind Feminism. It is at the acceptance phase. In this phase, its cultural influence is at its height whereby it pervades the societal conscience.

Once we had departed from the state of naivety there was no way back. Repression was the homophobia by society which was natural and unstoppable. This made the gay community form a unique subculture which created an "identity". Segregation was eased through the process of integration and acceptance. Yet eventually and inevitably, the dominant heterosexual culture will emerge largely intact and "gay" culture (besides the physical acts performed in private) will largely die out through an evolutionary process.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Homosexual relationships
Homosexual marriage
Pedophilia
Zoophilia
They are all lined up. The anti-family agenda of the Left is prepared, and each item will be pushed in turn until, bit by bit, enough people say, about each of the items: "Not that there's anything wrong with it..."

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i went to an all-boys school and there was a queer group in our year, and the year below :eek:

11kloseboy

HSC
N/A
who wants faggots to get married in the country they currently live in. Sydney is as sinful as it is.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Im still not convinced that homosexuality is something that you are born with.
i agree with you.

Schroedinger said:
So basically you don't believe in science and evolution and life.
wtf? just because he believes that gay's aren't born gays he doesn't believe life or science..? yeah..right :rolleyes:.

and are you saying homosexuality is evolution? ffs.

as for this thread - i dont really have an opinion on gay rights, doesn't really affect me so meh. i dont believe they should get married though (just a personal thing) and it kinda irks me to see it in public (unless it's 2 chicks :)), but like i said - it's just a personal thing.

though i'd like to add that:

Riqtay said:
I believe the reasons for gay marriages to be legalised such as "we are in a world of change" are not logical. By that token since we are all changing, why don't we allow people to marry animals?

Homosexuality in my belief is going against the laws of nature. I don't hate homosexuals, just their actions.
did bring up a very good point and i sorta agree with his statement.

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
neo o said:
I'm going to critically deconstruct your post, which hereafter will be referred to as the "text".

They'll? Who are "they"? The Muslim Collective"? The "Muslim Cabal"? Freemasons? The Illumanti? Some other evil organisation which controls the collective thoughts of all Muslims?

Because of the lack of punctuation I read this as, "The Prophet was experimenting with recreational drugs with gay Muslims, consequently both gay Muslims and the prophet should be deported to an unkown location. Perhaps Cuba. However, this can't be done, as it's against the literal word of God.

Some say that multiculturalism is gay.

SUMMARY OF YOUR POST: Freemasons, the Illumanti or a secret Islamic cabal want to deport all gay Muslims and the Prophet to Cuba, because they were experimenting with recreational drugs. Gay multiculturalists protest.
neo o said:
SashatheMan said:
i have nothing against gays
Neither do I. Being straight I don't like putting things against gay men.

The only real reasons I can see why you'd want to hate Christians or Muslims for this is either because:

1) You're gay

2) You've been denying yourself any form of physical pleasure for the entirety of your adult life, because you're a follower of either of those religions, and you hate it.

Anything else seems like a waste of energy to me.
LMFAO! :rofl: you are HILARIOUS! you had me loling for 5mins straight, nicely done :p!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Schroedinger said:
MARRIAGE

isn't A SALAD BAR.
lol

i really dont know whether i support gay marriage of not, so i picked no opinion

im not againsts gays, but there is one gay guy in my yr and hes really annoying, excentric - like he has to relate all matters of conversation to his sexuality + i want to burn his handbag...

boris

Banned
HSC
hollyy. said:
lol

i really dont know whether i support gay marriage of not, so i picked no opinion

im not againsts gays, but there is one gay guy in my yr and hes really annoying, excentric - like he has to relate all matters of conversation to his sexuality + i want to burn his handbag...
i know a gay like that

he takes every opportunity to remind us he's gay

we're like, ok dude you're gay we get it. go paint me a rainbow homo

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I don't particularly like that idea of a guy screwing another guy. I generally have no opinion on gay rights. By the same token I don't think they should have fewer rights, or rights taken away, so I guess I'm against those who are against gay rights?

As for homosexuality and genetics - actually that's kind of misleading. Homosexuality is about as genetic as intelligence... some people are really born that way, whilst for some it's a societal choice, and then you've got some for whom it is both. Either way it should be respected.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The answer we were looking for was...Paul J Keating.
...PJK

Aprilpeters

HSC
l0l like most people here i have nothing against gay people i just think their actions are.....disgusting?

i don't think gays ARE BORN, its increasingly become more of a lifestyle choice than anything else.

+ too many good looking guys have been pulled away to the gay side :(
NO MORE!!! for the love of.....Gucii handbagsss?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
since we've tried all the reasonable approaches.

when it comes to discrimination

have all the x-men movies taught you all nothing!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)