Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

ASNSWR127

HSC
katie tully said:
1. You can't decide who can and cannot have kids
2. You can't decide whether a person with a disability has more or less of a right to live than somebody without a disability
3. Many people who are born healthy go on to have accidents that leave them disabled. Should they be put down?
4. You obviously don't know, or have had little interaction with people who have disabilities.
5. Those paralympians looked to be just fine at the Olympics, should they have been denied the right to live because you think it'd be shit living without a leg?
Hear Hear!

Otherwise we fall into the trap of 'genetic selection' we all know where this has gone in the past...

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Ummm No my church doesnt think that. I think that, that is a common misconception about the Catholic Church.
Also IMO that is a pretty stupid reason for leaving my religion.
I think it is common but I don't think it is misconception

The church also thinks deserve to burn in hell for having sex with anyone, unless I apologise for it?? by asking forgiveness?? We have to ask forgiveness for leading our lives.

haha

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
People who are bred from related parents are naturally going to grow up different from those that are disabled. They will have such a large amount of social stigma attached to them that they will find it even harder to function correctly.
Only if the idiot parents go on ACA and tell the world they're father and daughter. otherwise, who is going to know? Unless these parents actively tell the world theyre closely related, who would know?

I mean yeah, I see the whole argument for the welfare of a childs psychological state, but it's fair to say that without incestuous relationships, children are always going to find a way to ostracize each other. His argument was, well if they're disabled they automatically have a shit life. I disagree.

Same argument could be said for children of homosexuals. They're going to be picked on and ridiculed.

side point: my 3rd cousin or something is a test tube baby, his mum is a lesbian, dad is gay. that kid is such a fucking sped, sometimes i think the lid of the test tube bent the tail of the sperm. my god, such a sped. but whatever, the fact that he has 4 parents is the least of his worries.

chaldoking

HSC
The act is wrong and unnatural. The person should be accepted. Totally, against homosexual marriage.

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
LOL its like you want me to be against gays or something. Have you ever been a Catholic? I have identified myself as a for pretty much all of my life. I was raised as a Catholic, I went to a Catholic School, did Catholic Studies, I go to Church on Sundays, and throughout it all I have not heard one bad thing through my up bringing about homosexuals. The only time I noticed that Catholics had a reputation for being against homosexuals was during World Youth Day with the protests. I thought that was completely blown out of proportion. Cause even then what I dont think I heard any bad mouthing of Homosexuals at the World Youth Day Event. In fact I met some very nice People who were gay at World Youth Day.
I think you missed the point...

It is not an individual basis on which we are speaking. yes most gay people are nice,m then some are not - a lot like the rest of society in fact.

I am not asking for individual examples of gay niceness or otherwise it is whether you can support a religion that is against gays simply because they are gay? especially a religion that is (supposed) to preach love for all.

ASNSWR127

HSC
katie tully said:
Only if the idiot parents go on ACA and tell the world they're father and daughter. otherwise, who is going to know? Unless these parents actively tell the world theyre closely related, who would know?

I mean yeah, I see the whole argument for the welfare of a childs psychological state, but it's fair to say that without incestuous relationships, children are always going to find a way to ostracize each other. His argument was, well if they're disabled they automatically have a shit life. I disagree.

Same argument could be said for children of homosexuals. They're going to be picked on and ridiculed.

side point: my 3rd cousin or something is a test tube baby, his mum is a lesbian, dad is gay. that kid is such a fucking sped, sometimes i think the lid of the test tube bent the tail of the sperm. my god, such a sped. but whatever, the fact that he has 4 parents is the least of his worries.
Oh certainly there is no way you can argue that if you are disabled you have a shit life.

Indeed part of equal opportunity and the ending of discrimination is to allow 'disabled' parents to have children, that other guy is way off centre there.

Yes same for children of homosexuals they will be picked on - but not as much I feel especially nowadays. But I am in total agreement of the principles on which you are working.

Cheers

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I think you are the one who is missing the point. Catholics are no where near as against homosexuals as you make them out to be. We arent like ZOMG HE IS GAY LETS SHOOT HIM. Also I was using my 18 years of life experience as a Catholic as an example. The Catholic Church doesnt preach the homosexuals are bad at Churches and Schools. I know cause I have been to a Catholic School from Yr K-12 and have been attending mass almost every Sunday since I was a baby. It wasnt until they made such a big deal about it at the WYD event that I realised that the perception that people have about the Catholic Church is not in par with the Catholic preaching in Catholic schools and Catholic Churches.

AND I AM 99.9 % Sure that if you ask any Catholic they will say that they have not been taught that Homosexuals are Bad in School and in Churches.
No see, the problem I have with Catholics is the ones who say 'Oh I have no problem with homosexuals in my day to day life. BTW they're going to hell'

nikolas

HSC
gerhard said:
get rid of marriages under the commonwealth and only issue civil unions, and if you want a 'marriage' you have to go to the church. but its still the same thing really, its just a name. homosexual civil unions allowed.

everyone is happy
QFT

Numbers

Banned
HSC
HAHAHAHAHA, what's funny is that ForeverPink is a fat ugly Tongan. LOL!

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
That isnt funny.
You are right that wasn't funny.

that guy needs to grow up, we can disagree on this but that does not meant it has to get personal like that in such a stupidly immature derogatory manner.

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Furthermore I would just like to add most Catholics are NOT fundies. We do not soley rely on the bible for our faith unlike other Christians.
Does that mean I will hear your voice calling long and hard for the abolition of the church hierarchy?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Went to a catholic school. Catholics hate gays, its in the bible dood. You're saying you aren't taught that at catholic school? Well of course you're not taught that in school fuckwit, its discrimination and leaves them open to law suits and shit you dickhead.

Edit: also 90% of catholics are fundies or closet fundies.
Edit: also all catholics rely soley on their bible for faith and everything else including how to secks

Last edited:

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
OKay Im out of this thread. ITT: Trolls. For people who are suppose to be humanist you sure do your fair share in attacking people.
as does the catholic church, we are humanists but that does not mean you should not be open to criticism from others, nor be able to dish it out.

lankydummylolol

HSC
lol.
i know Americans would go nuts with religion if "gay" was said.
o_O' but jeez........

_ i found my reply to some other forum _

"War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting?" ~The Value of Families

More lovely and insightful quotes at http://www.queervisions.com/arch/2003/07/queer_quotes.html . please do read them.

. moving on.
I don't really care if people hate gays or bisexuals [like myself]. As long as they don't disturb us or make a big deal out of it [like telling kids it's wrong].

It's just the same as people who are afraid/hate. It's because they don't know/understand.

there had been a case of a group of friends at a party
murdering a close friend when they found out she was a he.
john teshing brutal story..
if you ask me, i imagine people freaking out and grabbing their knives and pitchforks.... like john tesh.. CALM DOWN. maybe the 'alien' is friendly??!

[ a list of mini cooper against .. i'd like to say 'us'. but seriously. we're all human.
http://lezblackcat.deviantart.com/art/Homosexuality-73451641 ]

_ i don't think of my sexuality as a choice. even if i am bi. gays just don't find the opposite sex attractive in that way.
i've heard that people are just born gay.
and. despite gay people's Golden Fleece . you can not turn a straight person gay.
so they say. [KEEP TRYING PEOPLE! ROFLMAO]

and no boys and girls. if you meet a gay person. it doesn't mean they immediately want you.
though.. it does make them more open minded.

>>' so stop john teshing getting creeped out by a gay person in the room.

i'd like to add that i used to hate flamboyant gay people. =_=' and i'm bi.
i just think of them as funny freaks. :3 that i'd like to know their 'acceptedly boring' side one day.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
LEVITICUS 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

IMO best bible passage ever

james901

HSC
i'm against it, its not natural and unfair to a child if they are brought up by gay parents, it will be diffucult to fit into society and they will feel differant from other kids this is not fair to child. a kid i knew in my high school used to get beaten up coz his uncle was gay

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
james901 said:
i'm against it, its not natural
Incorrect.

and unfair to a child if they are brought up by gay parents
How? Better than living in an orphanage.

it will be diffucult to fit into society and they will feel differant from other kids this is not fair to child. a kid i knew in my high school used to get beaten up coz his uncle was gay
Only because there are ignorant bigots like you still in society, bringing up their kids to hate anything that is different.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
staticsiscool said:
LEVITICUS 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus: Faggot by Meshell Ndegeocello (random comment: she's also probably my favourite bass player).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)