How are 07's finding prelim? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hey, how are you guys finding prelim?

stressful because of the unfamiliar work load? loving it? hating it?
tell us your thoughts! :)

HSC
Yeah, the workload is like 100x heavier than year 10.
..but i love it!

Although in my courses at my school I have 3 1st rankings and the others in the top 5, the competition around the state scares the shit out of me.

.. still don't get how we can fit all prelim work into 3 terms ..

vizman

HSC
yeah so far its been bearable, lol i agree i dunno how it all fits in 3 terms

conman

HSC
I love this year "of course it will be increased in work" but still like it and looking forward to HSC now.

HSC
yeahh... year 11 is hard.. such a steep learning curve from year 10
there just so much more homework, assessments and assignments.. and the pressures starting to build up for the hsc
well... thats me anyway...

47sniper

HSC
N/A
It's pretty crap. Its just assessment after assessment and stupid assignments all the time and half my teachers are pretty bad and I'm sure one of them is clinically insane and another one can't really speak english :(
But idk I wanna go back to year 10 where we barely had to worry about anything :D

Sofstar

HSC
Agreeing, huge step from yr 10. It's alrite. There are alot more freaking out moments and i think that there are alot more to come. Some friends are buried under it.
Also agreeing that it's assessment after assessment. Instead of one or two subjects givin you lots of homework, all the subjects are now.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
it's alright, i'm in the hang of all the work with a daily and balanced routine, i now follow the five P's :D
Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
It's not bad. I enjoy my subjects so at least i'm stimulated mentally all the time.. instead of sitting around in year 10 science saying "i'm bored" every 30 seconds. Yes, every day is a good day, because we're that much closer to going to uni - where we'll do our arts/law/commerce/business/medicine degree. hahahaha

HSC
subjectiv said:
It's not bad. I enjoy my subjects so at least i'm stimulated mentally all the time.. instead of sitting around in year 10 science saying "i'm bored" every 30 seconds. Yes, every day is a good day, because we're that much closer to going to uni - where we'll do our arts/law/commerce/business/medicine degree. hahahaha
Gosh, year 10 Science was terrible. I was not interested or motivated in that subject at all. Ironically, i've ended up in Biology which i actually enjoy :rofl:
Lovin' the school life. :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
one thing that i'm struggling in is maths, esp function/relations and finding the range/doman, if anyone can help me out...:D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
subjectiv said:
I wish i could go back to year 10 and pick my subjects again >_< oh well, what's done is done ! yeah i hated science in year 10 as well.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
stressful yeah.. am alright with my subject choice. but i would definatly pick something other than biology if i had the chance to pick it all over again.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Alright i changed to a selective school this year, on my term 1 report i got satisfactory for Adv English but i got excellent for extension english :mad:. Im finding maths ext 1 really difficult though, i was the top of my old school but now in about average for everything except for bio and modern history which i own. I better get back to my assignments GRRR.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Sofstar said:
Agreeing, huge step from yr 10. It's alrite. There are alot more freaking out moments and i think that there are alot more to come. Some friends are buried under it.
Also agreeing that it's assessment after assessment. Instead of one or two subjects givin you lots of homework, all the subjects are now.
Well it's good coz it prepares you for HSC. HSC doesn't seem that hard, because it's pretty much the same as yr 11 but differen't topics...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Nesty said:
stressful yeah.. am alright with my subject choice. but i would definatly pick something other than biology if i had the chance to pick it all over again.
You can still change, can't you? i changed to sor2 at the end of term1.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Its been alright for now. English isn't so good, but I'm going fine in my other subjects. To those who are complaining about 4 terms of work crammed into 3 terms, try having 7 terms of work completed in 2 terms. But 4 terms into 3 is a bit much.

yoakim said:
one thing that i'm struggling in is maths, esp function/relations and finding the range/doman, if anyone can help me out...
To help you out there, first look for where x and y cannot exist, i.e. square roots, asymatopes etc. Where x and y exist is your domain and range respectively.

Gangels

HSC
This might just be me but i reckon that you guys will have a better time in yr 12. I prefer yr 12 over 11, but it might be because your used to the work by then.

w00dy.

HSC
its a mighty fine step from year 10.
but i say its only a stepping stone to the hsc.
i have successfully managed to juggle 20hrs of work a week, inbetween homework, assessments etc. but in due time i shall be reconsidering for the hsc.
the expectations etc of teachers are alot greater, we are looked upon differently and what not. no longer are we the seniors of the juniors. but we are the seniors.

its a shock to some people. i found the transition to be a little unexpected, but is now doing fine. i think the fact that we got to choose what we wanted in regards to subects makes it somewhat alot easier.

if its something you love, your bound to do well

and that shall be enough rambling from me.:uhhuh:

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Its been alright for now. English isn't so good, but I'm going fine in my other subjects. To those who are complaining about 4 terms of work crammed into 3 terms, try having 7 terms of work completed in 2 terms. But 4 terms into 3 is a bit much.
No one's complaining.. you make us sound like children.

I'm just stumped that we can somehow manage to complete a 400 page textbook in 3 terms when after one term we've just done about 100. Then you take away weeks for exams.

Gangels said:
This might just be me but i reckon that you guys will have a better time in yr 12. I prefer yr 12 over 11, but it might be because your used to the work by then.
That's starting to sound like a popular opinion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)