How are 07's finding prelim? (1 Viewer)

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
yeah suffering from laziness.. too bad i can't bring myself to study.. and mid course exams are coming up.. how great..

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Whenever i feel lazy, I do an overview of my knowledge at a certain subject (let's say for chemistry), and i know that it's kind of bad. And then i sort of picture myself sitting the hsc or an exam, and i question myself 'am i even well-prepared?', and usually the answer is 'no'. So that's when i start to think... 'hey i should do more work'.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
greycats said:
I should start working harder now.. It's ironic, i've worked relatively well throughout school, I get to where it counts and begin to slack off.. Prelim is soooo much better than all over years though, year 10 sucked hardcore. If year12 is better, well, that's just peachy then.
year 12 > year 11 trust me ! well besides the workload lol.

LynH1326

HSC
vizman said:
yeah so far its been bearable, lol i agree i dunno how it all fits in 3 terms
you hardly notice it! lol! i'm in year 12 now and i can't believe i'm halfway thru it already! you just get used to having to turn up for work that you don't notice the time passing, and as soon as you know it, its the start of the HSC year. :eek:

CaiDrummer

HSC
I didn't really notice much of a change between year 10 and this year...
The teachers certainly became nicer... well, some of them, but for me it seems there are the same amount of assessments and whatnot, they're just all on at the same time.
The exam set-up's different, but it works better for me... so I guess I got the lucky deal, eh?

sanshi

colour my world
HSC
N/A
i think that year 11 is like a BIG U turn in school ,,when the workload starts to pile up, it like a WAKE UP CALL !!
Year 10 and the other years was nothin much ..until u reach the senior years

phoebe315

HSC
hey guys....

what do you think of prelim 2 unit maths?
i got 92 in a recent test but had to work my arse off. it takes up too much of my time when i could be studying other subjects...
has anyone used SAM uai calculator yet? cause according to that 2 unit maths doesnt scale that well compared to general..
at least i think.. maybe im not using it properly.
im thinking of going to general maths.....
what do you guys think?

HSC
Its a LOT of work, but im enjoying it because im loving the subjects because 'I CHOSE' them, although mandatory maths in my school is really anoying, but lookin forward to the HSC and Uni is good, especially when you are on top of things in yr 11.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I'm already a bit behind in most of my subjects... so my current attitude is not dissimilar to that of "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
I think English Ext. is my only friend in terms of subjects.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
phoebe315 said:
hey guys....

i got 92 in a recent test but had to work my arse off. it takes up too much of my time when i could be studying other subjects...
has anyone used SAM uai calculator yet? cause according to that 2 unit maths doesnt scale that well compared to general..
what do you guys think?
2 unit maths scales better than general maths. If you were strugguling with 2 unit maths I would say drop down to general, but at the moment you don't look like you are struggling yet.

HSC
phoebe315 said:
hey guys....

maths is definitely time consuming. 80% of my homework is maths.. but it seems like you're going alright with 92? you should be working your ass off coming around to the HSC but if you feel it's not worth the study then drop down. :)

Gangels

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
maths is definitely time consuming. 80% of my homework is maths.. but it seems like you're going alright with 92? you should be working your ass off coming around to the HSC but if you feel it's not worth the study then drop down. :)
:uhhuh:

SoulSearcher

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
Conversly, only around 10% of my homework is devoted to maths.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
phoebe315 said:
hey guys....

what do you guys think?
don't drop it whatever you do!!! 92 is a killer mark!!! it'll probably be hard at the start, but you'll learn and get used to it and you'll spend less time on the theory because you'll know it all.
personally i'm probably dropping maths ext, even if i'm trying damn hard for it and scoring band 6's throughout, but my other subjects will fall... just like in your case...maths general (g-unit hehehe) has more english based questions than maths 2u i think

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I'm hating the thought that I'd have to return to school soon. Not helped by the fact that I'm gonna have a bunch of tests chucked back in my face :S

phoebe315

HSC
hey franz (sorry dont know your name)
hope your still on.
the test was failed by over half the class but take into account that i am in the lowest 2 unit class (even though there's only 2 ~not including ext).
but to achieve the mark ive been giving up alot of correspondence jap periods (i know i shouldnt!) to study for it. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love maths, and would by all means continue with it, if i had the time!
but the fact is an 80 in the 2 unit HSC exam is worth less than a 90 in the General HSC exam (according to to the SAM UAI calculator).
maybe im not using it properly... but if this IS the case than i am extremely disappointed with the scaling system. ive seen the stuff they do in general, and the jump between general and 2 unit is huge.
Even a 70 in 2 unit should be worth way more than a 90 in general! but this is NOT recognised in the scaling system....
im sorry if i come across arrogant.. but im really touchy on this subject (weird huh, its only maths..)

SoulSearcher

HSC
phoebe315 said:
hey franz (sorry dont know your name)
hope your still on.
the test was failed by over half the class but take into account that i am in the lowest 2 unit class (even though there's only 2 ~not including ext).
but to achieve the mark ive been giving up alot of correspondence jap periods (i know i shouldnt!) to study for it. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love maths, and would by all means continue with it, if i had the time!
but the fact is an 80 in the 2 unit HSC exam is worth less than a 90 in the General HSC exam (according to to the SAM UAI calculator).
maybe im not using it properly... but if this IS the case than i am extremely disappointed with the scaling system. ive seen the stuff they do in general, and the jump between general and 2 unit is huge.
Even a 70 in 2 unit should be worth way more than a 90 in general! but this is NOT recognised in the scaling system....
im sorry if i come across arrogant.. but im really touchy on this subject (weird huh, its only maths..)
That is because the 90 in general maths means that you beat a higher percentage of the people doing the course than the 70 in the 2 unit course. Since there is a less able candidature in the general maths course, a 90 in general would beat more of the people doing the course than the 70 in the 2 unit course, thus scaling it better. But if you get 90 in both courses, the 90 in 2 unit would beat the 90 in general, since the 2 unit course is of a higher difficulty than the general course. In summary, it is better to do well in a lower scaled course then it is to do crap in a higher scaled course.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
if you enjoy using your brain more than stick with 2U :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)