how can i beat the speeding ticket? (1 Viewer)

blackbunny

HSC
Recently got a speedy ticket, 75k in a 60 zone at 11:30 pm. needs to pay a fine. Was my 1st ticket in my life.

Is the ticket on my record permanently or can it vanish?

How can I beat the ticket? One thing is that the writing on the ticket is difficult to read as I cannot see the ink very well. Basically it’s like white ink on white paper. What should I say in court?

Help appreciated.

EDIT:
i have full license. no plates :). and no road violations ever on my record

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you were speading, just because u cant read the notice all that well doesnt change the fact u were speading

just pay the fine, its not like its going to haunt u the rest of ur life- no biggie

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
On what grounds are you refuting its validity? Because that ink excuse will not hold up anywhere. You said that you sped. You got a ticket. You pay the ticket. I think it's pretty simple.
how can i beat the speeding ticket?
Don't speed. Or don't get caught speeding.

One speeding ticket is not about to tarnish your record, and bar you from employment, or what have you.

Jiga

Your not going to beat the ticket, even if you have what seems like a genuine reason you would still struggle because being a p-plater you have no previous good history to fall back on, not to mention the bad image p-platers have.

But it is crap when you get done for speeding at night.... the early hours of the morning are the worst, no-one is on the road and realistically going 15km/h's or so over the limit isnt dangerous in these circumstances.

blackbunny

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Your not going to beat the ticket, even if you have what seems like a genuine reason you would still struggle because being a p-plater you have no previous good history to fall back on, not to mention the bad image p-platers have.

But it is crap when you get done for speeding at night.... the early hours of the morning are the worst, no-one is on the road and realistically going 15km/h's or so over the limit isnt dangerous in these circumstances.
i have full license. no plates :). and no road violations ever on my record

Jiga

Lol ok, still though you wouldnt have a large history to fall back on, can hardly cite 5years or so of experience and say it was out of character for you to speed! And this isnt a defence anyway, just something that would substantiate a proper defend to it, which I dont think you have.

HSC
hmm .. i was doing about 120-125 in a 110 zone on the motorway (but so does everyone), and there was a fucking cop car checking everyone's speed hidden in the bushes .. i don't reckon i'd get a ticket, right?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lmao at this thread

so sick of seeing threads like "oMg GuYzZz I gOtZ a SpEeDiNg FiNe/TrAiN fInE bUt I dUn WaNtZ 2 pAy It HoW cAn I gEt OuT oF iT?!??!?"

you did the wrong thing, so just pay the bloody fine ffs.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
katietheskatie said:
hmm .. i was doing about 120-125 in a 110 zone on the motorway (but so does everyone), and there was a fucking cop car checking everyone's speed hidden in the bushes .. i don't reckon i'd get a ticket, right?
I don't know if they can check everyone's speed if they are driving too close together so maybe you'll get lucky.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
fuck you matt :p if i get one, i'd pay it, i was just wondering if they'd be cunts and actually send me one :eek:
haha i wasnt talking to you there :eek:
but yeah same thing happened to me the other day, i was doing 80 in a 60 zone (its usually 80 but its this cuntish roadworks everywhere) i was going with the flow of traffic (so like everyone was doing 80) and the cops were on the other side of the road (each side is 2 lanes)
so oh well.

Jiga

Im prity sure they pull you over if you get done by the handheld radar, unless of course they are super-human and can memorise your plates quickly....

HSC
i don't think they could do that considering it was the pacific highway and i was in like the fourth lane from the edge of the road, but anyway

Jiga

i don't think they could do that considering it was the pacific highway and i was in like the fourth lane from the edge of the road, but anyway
Then you didnt get caught :rolleyes:. From my experience, when you get caught they either flag you over because you've been done by the handheld radar (unlikey on a highway) OR in the case you describe where they are hiding in the bushes (more than likely using that radar on top of their car) they will take chase. They cant record your number plate in time when you are going 110km/h, thats just common sense. And on top of this, it is generally accepted that they give a 10% margin of error, so 110km/h limit = 10km/h... you said you were going 120km/h, so it wasnt in real terms even an offence.

HSC
thanks man. no eye rolling smiley needed though, i apologise for knowing fuck all about how that stuff works.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Then you didnt get caught :rolleyes:. From my experience, when you get caught they either flag you over because you've been done by the handheld radar (unlikey on a highway) OR in the case you describe where they are hiding in the bushes (more than likely using that radar on top of their car) they will take chase. They cant record your number plate in time when you are going 110km/h, thats just common sense. And on top of this, it is generally accepted that they give a 10% margin of error, so 110km/h limit = 10km/h... you said you were going 120km/h, so it wasnt in real terms even an offence.
Unless she's on her p's, then she was doing 20k's over the limit which is a loss of 3 points and 220 fine.

Jiga

Well its 10km/h using the 10% rule...... but in both cases, I would imagine that cop cars hiding in 'ambush' usually wait to catch someone going substantially over the limit.

And anyway, she wasnt pulled over, so I highly doubt anything would result... the only time that sought of thing happens (not pulling you over and just recording your plates) is when its some off duty cop seeing someone going way over the limit and Im not even sure if they can fine you based on that.

but yeah as for speeding fines theres not really much of an excuse. at all
Im sure there are defences. For example, if you can provide witnesses that tesify that you werent speeding, on top of a perfect driving record.... I think you could get out of it (against a handheld radar that is..... suggesting it wasnt operated properly or something, if you get done by fixed cameras, provided their is no record of a malfunction, your screwed). Im sure there are other defences as well like maybe a cop booked you for speeding when you in fact werent over the limit in a particular area... Im sure its happened before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)