how did everyone go in their 1st or 2nd hsc economics assessments (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
=3 / 45 for first assessment, second ass on Aust Place in Global Economy in a week and a half's time :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
so theres 5 people in my class.. and im number 5... how dumb do i feel when i hear everyone else getting above 80% in their assessments.. oh how i need help badly.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
17/20 - multiple choice.. worth 10%... rank was crap though.. 18/50 :(~
stupid smart ppl in my school XD~! my next assessment is in.. 6 days !

Mandy101

HSC
_muse_ said:
so theres 5 people in my class.. and im number 5... how dumb do i feel when i hear everyone else getting above 80% in their assessments.. oh how i need help badly.
Certain schools have easier assessments than others though. I go to a selective school and we have realllly hard assessments. A friend of mine goes to a private catholic school and they get shit easy stuff - hand in assignments and exams composed of 15 multiple choice and two short answers. So a 90% for me is a lot better than a 95% for her assessments. Like someone else said, ranking is all that matters, and how well you go in the HSC exam.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i fuked up my first about 60% on a 25% weighting..
hope i did good in my half-yearly (did it on wednesday).

HayleeKate

HSC
I went from first ranked in Prelim to 13th from 16 in my first HSC assessment (research assessment on trading agreements/blocs) but then short answer exam 2nd assessment topped it by 10 marks, Mid-Course next week.. fingers crossed.

monique66

umm...19/20 for da first and then 34/40 for da second :( and another one this friday...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
so i got my marks back.. 61%... my teacher said to me the other day "anything you dont understand, just give me a brief summary and ill try and different approach to teaching it to you".. i handed her the whole text book.

HayleeKate

HSC
_muse_ said:
i handed her the whole text book.
as much as I rate that call, (nice)
dont put yourself down... you got 61%, so clearly you dont need help with the WHOLE book, and dont worry, plenty of kids in my class, in fact probably close to about half the class get below 60%, (not cos its a hard exam either, top students are getting about 95%) so youre probably not even near the bottom of the state, dont stress yet!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i never said i was stressing out.

the only reason i got 61% was because the teacher took the questions out of a review booklet we did the week before, so i knew some of the answers. Im not complaining, economics just isnt my strength. but im still interested in the content.

Will Hunting

HSC
HayleeKate said:
as much as I rate that call, (nice)
dont put yourself down... you got 61%, so clearly you dont need help with the WHOLE book, and dont worry, plenty of kids in my class, in fact probably close to about half the class get below 60%, (not cos its a hard exam either, top students are getting about 95%) so youre probably not even near the bottom of the state, dont stress yet!
Exactly. Don't let a minor setback like this colour the rest of the course for you. At risk of sounding too much like some motivational speaker, I'll tell you that dwelling on something like this won't help in the accomplishment of your more important objectives, like, I'm guessing, doing the best you can, and having the most fun you can, in a course you're interested in. As HayleeKate said, all is not lost, and you can still easily bounce back from this and glean the results you're after. The key is keeping your focus on the future, however disappointed you may feel about the past.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
hey HEY what did i just say?! i just said i wasnt stressing and i wasnt worried! geez people. god its only economics. i only get depressed about it when my best friends decides to rub it in that hes getting hugemungous high marks - which is VERY rarely.

HayleeKate

HSC
HayleeKate said:
I went from first ranked in Prelim to 13th from 16 in my first HSC assessment
How much fun is going crap in an assessment 'muse'..?? this sounds like i'm changing my tune, but, I though eco was a super important subject for me before, when I was topping it in prelim, but one shit assessment, and you think about how to escape it and it makes you realize you dont really give that much anymore. Despite blitzing my next assessment and regaining my position, I love that I realized its not the end of the world when you do bad.

I change my stance... I'm GLAD you did SHITHOUSE, becaus enow you're emancipated.. congratulations!

[I still maintain that youre not actually doing that bad, dont attack people giving you moral support during HSC theres too many competitive types who'll bring you down]

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ha i never attacked anyone, you assumed i was all depressed and worried when im not. ANYWAY back to the actual topic of the thread

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
get the leading edge short answer books.. they have every short answer question possible in them :p

i rkn 90%-100% in my second assessment.. but it was really easy.. so everyone will be getting good i assume.

HayleeKate

HSC
boasboy said:
get the leading edge short answer books.. they have every short answer question possible in them :p
Agreed, leading edge textbooks are awesome, sadly just after I discovered them, my teacher bought a set for my whole class so no secret weapon for me.. but the rest of you... GO BUY THEM NOW!!!!

Airazer

HSC
first task i got 19/20 but due to scaling i'm getting 20 cos my school rox.
2nd task 18/20 but again scaling boosts it to 20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)