How did it go ? CSSA trial (2 Viewers)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
calibrate the pH meter with a buffer solution

and clean the probe with distilled water

howareya

Banned
i said i wshed it in water (DI)...then i diped it in a different sample to the one i was tresting by same cocnentration etc....then i saoked and washed the meter again in DI wtaer...then i used it

RedStz

True Scorpian
mm i am pretty sure everyone mentioned that ethanol question about engine modification if over 15-20% content or somewhere along that right?

Lol:p
here is the funny bit, guess what my friend wrote, she accidentally caught the NRMA about annoucing this on TV
so besdies the modification stuff, she also mentioned something about NRMA wont be responsible for those people who try to fired claims of compensation as it's not the company's fault that people use enthaol contents without considering
mmmm....i know that doesn't sounds chemistry related...more like legal/buss...but i suppose she probably end up scoring extra marks
WHY? because my teacher always "have tears to her eyes" if she spot an unique answer to other peoples :chainsaw:
Hope my answer is good enough

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
my teacher said 2 answers were correct and we got a 50/50 chance of getting it

i put my answer as used only after water has been treated

howareya

Banned
what did people put down for the equil qns in industrial chem.

did i work out the ethanolmulti chocie right. i divided 1360 by the number of moles... i think it was 0.25??

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
umm..i drew a diagram, and gave an example of a reaction between methanol and propanoic acid...with their structure n stuff...crap i forgot to add water

RedStz

True Scorpian
i forgot to put down the procedures....well more likely that i forgot about them Lol:eek:
but yeah did put down the conditions and the catalysts
i dont get this, it's only a 3mark Q, so doesn't really matter much

howareya

Banned
Originally posted by Huy
6 hours - Gamma

I think it was C.
think about it...the half life was 6hrs there for if you injected only 1g it will take ages to decay...expecailly harmful for the rest for the body. therfore the answer ws 3.5 mins

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
yeah thats why i was a :confused: about that question, i mean how long would it take to travel to ur liver?....oh well, its said and done

Huy

HSC
N/A
3.5 minutes seems a bit short,

Did 3.5 mins have gamma radiation too? Or did it have alpha/beta in it somewhere?

I thought 6 hours wasn't too bad, seeing as though it would travel to the liver and can be detected externally.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
3.5 just had gamma, i guess mayb common sense would come in..but i was thinking that u had to know where it was injected, or how long it takes ur blood to travel to the liver...u need to know the other variables:cop:...i think abt questions too much:p

howareya

Banned
3.5 mins did have gamma rays

if i insert 1 g ...it woul;d decay 12 times to give 0.000244140625g...this is nearly all gone. times 3.5 minutes by twelve and you get 42 mins. Long enough i think

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
crap...i didnt think THAT much abt that question:p..any might as well wait and see

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
wats the CaCO3 q?? i swear that wasnt in my paper! anyway, it was ok, qs were changed in ours as well. but yeah, what was the wine q???

and how can u all remember the numbers u answered? ahh

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
CaCO3 was just calcium carbonate reacted with HCl, how much CO2 was produced. It was multiple choice, and they gave u enuf info to work out the moles of CaCO3 but they also gave u the amount of HCl, so by working out the moles of that u find out that the HCl was the limiting factor....the wine one was abt adding metabisulfate..i think..to prevent something in the wine oxidising...that was a short answer i think

Saul

*ss
HSC
Originally posted by howareya
3.5 mins did have gamma rays

if i insert 1 g ...it woul;d decay 12 times to give 0.000244140625g...this is nearly all gone. times 3.5 minutes by twelve and you get 42 mins. Long enough i think
i'm fairly sure they were after the 6 hour one, cause they want to see how long it takes for stuff to get through the liver. 42 min wouldn't be long enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)