How did your Half-Yearly Exams go (Post-exams feelings) (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Not too good for me. But i finished today so...
I probly failed chemistry and 2u maths
got between 50-70% for p.e, english, business, sor

really cut with how i probly went
will post results next term

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
2nd Modern History paper today worth 5%, we were already given the question before hand (Weimar Republic) and were also allowed a 50 word cheat sheet so everything was as expected.

Recieved last thursday's Modern History test back happy with my result 25/30 (worth 5%)! :) Although I know what I did wrong and it is a weakness of mine I have to work on. ;)

Next half-yearly is Advanced English AOS 50mins essay, 1 question (worth 0%). Wish me luck!

shamila

HSC
abcd9146 said:
i finished my exams today... this is what i think of them...
adv english - alright, above average i hope...
jap cont speaking 15-16/20 (like always)
maths 3U - ill be happy if i get over 70%
eco - ... cough... cough...
maths 2U - too easy, but i still stuffed up 1 question
sdd - not too hard, but some questions were wtf!?!?!
jap cont listening - too easy, top my class again :)
jap reading/writing - reading was easy, but i ALWAYS miss out on fine details, bit scared about my composition though... i dont think i used enough SS...

but not that theyare OVER, i dont care anymore!!!! its not like i can do anything... so 5 day weekend, and then back to school for 4 days where i get all my exams back :(:(
hey thats good anyway i wanted to know i really stuffed up in business studies and it is worth 10% i am woried for that 10% coz i didnt do well in my last asesment task aswel but is the possibility that i can maximise my marks if though next asesment task is the marketing plan thanks cheers

dayna87

HSC
Ive had my 1 and 2 unit Studies of Religion which was ok, ancient which was also ok, advanced english which went for 2 hours and 40 mins with the area of study and the module A - i had a bit of trouble and i had a mental blank for the story, i ended up not writing that much something ive got to improve on, General maths was quite good actually i understoo most of it, i had drama today which sucked, i only wrote 2 pages for each essay. i have got senior science on thursday BUT it doesnt go towards anything only the report, it has no value to the HSC in any way. i was so over these exams omg i really need to do alot more studying and to practice writing essays gosh i got to welll yeah

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Biology was really hard...harder than economics, which I did alot less study for.

Chemistry tomorrow then im finished.:lol:

Tazball

HSC
i finished my exams around 5 weeks ago and i finally recieved my all my ranks on friday.... i was really upset about my results although my ranks arnt to bad (except for maths) ...

English Adv - 11th
Drama - 1st (93%)
Pd / H/ Pe - 5th (83%)
Cafs - 2nd
business studies - 3rd
Maths - 25th (really bad)

Just a question even though my subjects arnt highly scaled does this mean that i cant get my dream UAI of 83 or above???

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
English Adv + Ext: shouldn't be too bad, but you never know.
Legal Studies: pretty good.
Maths 2u: 111/120, which is damn sweet :)
Maths 3u: I did this today... I would KILL for a pass... Nobody finished, not even our teacher could complete the solutions in 2 hours. I might just be able to scrape 50%. It was SUCH a hard exam compared to the previous years 3u half-yearly.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Maths 3u: I did this today... I would KILL for a pass... Nobody finished, not even our teacher could complete the solutions in 2 hours. I might just be able to scrape 50%. It was SUCH a hard exam compared to the previous years 3u half-yearly.
Man, that was not a test you can do in 2 hours. It would be a fluke if I passed that exam.

G

genavania

mine were all pretty good seeing as though only two of them were assessable and thats maths and chem which were the crappest. Chem was really bad cos we had an ag teacher for chem last year and we kinda didnt learn anything.
My last one is today hence why i am studying and we wont get our marks back for weeks

katy-g

HSC
Im thinking i did rather poorly in ALL of my dance exams... I dont think i failed... but i did poor.

passion89

HSC
Well I just found out I got 90% for eco - yayness :D I'm happy about that. Didn't get results for anything else though...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yay. finished exams .. now i don't want my results back!! :(

i feel i did bad .... ><!
ohw ell .. wat will come, will come. nothing we can do about it but prepare for the worst.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
shinji said:

ohw ell .. wat will come, will come. nothing we can do about it but prepare for the worst.
Everyone says things like that after exams and sometimes its true while others get welcomed superises.

If you take nothing else away from the half yearlies at least you know the work/study that you need to understand concepts so you can recall on that knowledge in an exam situation. Good Luck with your results!

*Advanced English exam tomorrow unknown question (worth 0%) :|........won't anybody wish me luck, I am going to need it!*

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:

Your not alone ! but im not gonna dwell on past mistakes, just learn from them and move on =] only got religion left, might consider dropping down to 1unit.

Tazball

HSC
just wondering is anyone knows if i can still achieve my dream UAI 83.00 or above, even though the subjects i do arnt highly scaled?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
DONE! I have done all my half-yearlies. What a relief!

However, I won't be getting the results until next term and I will be worrying over the holiday. :(

Here's my thought on the exams:
ESL: Quite OK. Did everything, but I think I didn't write long enough for the essay part. Only 3 pages... Prediction: over 50 out of 60.
Chemistry: An overall easy test. Got one silly mistake on multiple choice section (found out after the exam). Prediction: over 70 out of 75.
Physics: Quite all right exam. But I missed one question worth like 5 marks about efficiency and transformation because I was not paying attention in class (so I though it won't be in the test, but my teacher did not teach much anyway). Prediction: about 60 out of 70.
Mathematics Extension 1: Got stuff up big time on last question about projectile motions. It was question 6(b) from 2005 HSC paper... if only I looked at past papers... Prediction: loss 3 to 7 marks out of I don't know.
Mathematics Extension 2: It's ok. Got wrong on z = x + iy square root, x1/2 factoring mistakes and silly graph mistakes + probably some other silly mistakes. Prediction: about 50 out of 57.
Business Studies: Done easily. Prediction: over 65 out of 70.

I'll post here after I received my result and see how close my prediction is. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)