how do u get SOFT hair? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think the trick is to do the least with your hair. as in, dont dye it, treat it too much, too much curling, straightening etc etc. Just wash every 2nd day and let it dry naturally, trim it and keep it neat. After a month, it shoudl look naturally nice.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I dont anymore, but I used pantene for yeeeaaars and blowdrying and straightened my hair a lot. and its fine

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Everyones hair is different, there are so many different hair types its not funny.
So like, go to a hairdresser and get your hair analysed. Or come down to the gong and I can do it for free. Just gotta dig up my hairdressing folder.
A treatment could work. My friend had heaps dry hair, so I took her into to Tafe with me when we needed models to practise treatments on, and the treatment I put in her hair made it all nice and soft.

vTr

HSC
simple. after showering with lots of CONDITIONER and SHAMPOO

come out and then Blow Dry it !!!!

BAM BAM BAM soft puffy silky smooth hair.... dont forget to constantly comb it

and peoples natural hair skin oils should make it shiney in due time

X

xeuyrawp

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
as opposed to how do u get shiny hair thread...
so how do u? my hair aint soft :(
You realise that people have different kinds of hair?

My hair is soft and thin. If you made a cross-section of a hair, it would be smaller than that of most people. I also have less hairs per area of my head. Hence, thinner hair.

Generally, people with brown hair have both thicker hairs and more hair per area, whereas blonde hair tends to be finer and less hairs an area- like mine. The thicker the hairs, the less soft they are- compare horse hair with the hairs on your arm. Which is softer and thinner?

It just depends on your genes, but finding a good shampoo/conditioner for you helps as well.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
condition it heaps, just generally look after it well (according to your hair type) and dont blow dry/straighten/tease/perm/brush when wet or anything like that. alo brush it thoroughly especially if its long or prone to knots. thats all i can think of right now.

Jaydels

HSC
I don't look after my hair at all....I always brush it when it's wet, otherwise the knots are impossibe to get out. I blowdry my hair a lot too.....yet it's still really soft

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
did anyone see the article in the Sunday Herald yesterday about how shampoo claims are fake? those "10 times stronger" ads, are never actually tested and proved for a fact.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hmmm, well, I'm asian, and my hair is like, up to my butt- a few cm longer, and i wouuld be sitting on it. I basically have to wash it every second day to keep it soft and shiny, but if i wash it everyday, it goes dry and limp. But on the day that i skip washing my hair, it goes oily near my scalp, and also limp and easily knotted at the tips, so I'm really at a loss at what to do- it either gets dry, or oily, and is basically healthy looking only 4 days a week :( But for some reason, everyone still thinks its nice but meh. OHHH, and also, layering your hair makes it prone to more split ends, but i suppose you cant really do anything about it.

kahuna14

HSC
wher do u get pps from

and wat ar the best shampoos, iv been using pantene, n i rekon it sucks, but then i hvnt used ne others for ages

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
my hair is stubborn and will never fix unless i put a lot of that hard rock gel. it gets messed up easinly. i have to keep fixing it. sometimes i cant really bebothered and just leave it as it is.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
cut your hair off completely and start again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)