How do you file your notes? (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Hey all
Im starting Year 12 Next Term , which means i have to get me some new books etc . Now in Year 11 i admit i didnt organise myself very well , i did not have a folder to keep my books in and basically sheets where everywhere and my books had dogears on them heh..

So basically whats the best way to keep your notes and take down notes? Do you all use a folder and just keep your books in there with the notes and sheets in them?? What about topics like English? how do you sort each section you do in your book?

Does everyone know what i mean ?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i had a binder book for each subject (to write notes in) and a folder for each subject (to keep handouts etc. in) i put sections in my folder for each topic... and for subjects where you can go by the syllabus - i kept my notes in syllabus order

oh and then i had big folders at home, where i would put all the relevant notes after each topic finished (that way u don't have a heap of stuff at school)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i got a folder for each subject - all my notes organised into topics and stuff... where i write all my study notes

for school i bring a big folder with all my books for each subject

make sure u stay organised!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
You can buy seperators, whichcan be plactic or cardboard and which have a Tab on the side. Their pretty cheap and you can use them to divide your notes up...

Also have a folder for each subject and a BIG folder at home with all ofy your notes etc.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
To answer the question: I dont....

Well, I did have a folder with tabs separating different subjects, but I got too overloaded with notes and now I have piles and piles all over my room (organised into subjects of course - it's an organised mess)

So don't follow my example if you can help it

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
i had small subject folders that i took everyday to use

then i had big subject folders collecting dust on the bookshelf

when each topic was done, just chucked everything into the big folders

study notes were all typed and were always around the room somewhere...

but like Lundy said, its all your own organised mess!

Leanne

HSC
can i just say....no matter how organised u aim to be at the start of yr 12...it never lasts long.....

i was going to summarise my notes every day........ha!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i keep most of my notes at home, in a folder for each subject, and just bring recent ones to school in folders, on looseleaf paper. then when i feel like it i mive them to home. you have to really be careful though that you don't slack off and start putting the wrong subjects into the wrong folders just coz u can't be bothered to get them all out.

picaresque

HSC
The bedroom floor has to be useful for something...

//

Individual folders for every subject, notes in the front section, syallabus and handouts in the middle and then finally assessments and reviews at the back. Notes are divided into class notes and study notes.
Large folder for school, with a section for each subject. Every month stuff in the school folder is moved into the subject folders.
It would be a much more efficient system if I actually used it.

Last edited:

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
I use loose sheets of paper so that its easier to re-arrange and since im a really messy writer, a book isnt appropriate for me because id spend all my time ripping out sheets of paper.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i never use loose leaf because i always lose it and it just goes flying all over my room..

use binder books for each subject (u can stick em in a folder n carry them to school as well =) )
sheets i get at school.. there arent' that many so i stick in plastic sleeves in the folder.

after the topic's over i stick all the sheets into display folders at home (1 for each subject). and i tie all the binder books i've used up for each subject together with ribbon.. cuz i got five books for maths.. =P

but u'll know the best way for u.. my friend has a filing cabinet in her room, cuz it's the only way she can get organised.

My notes r filed as "stupid" "annoying" "wouldnt have a clue" etc...im being serious, it helps me get into the mood of studying seeing crap like that written on there, instead of seeing "motors and generators" "space" and all that boring stuff...whatever

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
my notes are filed in the big space called my floor... haha, i'm sorry, i'm very unorganised a person...

Rahul

Dead Member
lol....i like being organised, but my lazyness seems to over-run that...

hmm...one pile to my righta bout 30 cm high = english adv, religion, ext eng.
another pile under my bed (for those sticky situations;))= all subjects.
small pile on desk = physics
another pile on computer desk=physics.

i have stuff that i had printed off befoer, exam papers, notes, etc. in folders :)

hmm....maybe i should organise all this :chainsaw:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
can i just say....no matter how organised u aim to be at the start of yr 12...it never lasts long.....

i was going to summarise my notes every day........ha!
hahah thats ssoOoOoO true! i make my notes like a few days till the exams!!

*sigh* dont follow my example...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hehe wow i thought everyone in year 12 is like full neat and tidy with every aspect of their work

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
I dont come under that...I started out doin it, but then it got all unorganised...bleh, Im starting to organise english notes now..big job:(:p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
mine are organised, each pile for a different topic. each pile goes in a different area in my room... convenient, not too neat but eh

chris42

HSC
I organise them into folders based on subject, and filing cabinet, do you find there are too much stuff to organise though ? :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)