• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much do u guys spend on tutoring & college ? (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
About $120 a week, maybe more in year 12 =/

Real Madrid

HSC
You guys are complete idiots for having a tutor in year 12.

Tutoring is for people that are behind in a subject and not for people who want to know more than what is required.

Tutoring is not flexible, and is a waste of money, eh hombre?

I mean, whats the point of having teachers in your school you're going to get tutored?

You might as well get home-schooled.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:

Tutoring is for people that are behind in a subject and not for people who want to know more than what is required.

I mean, whats the point of having teachers in your school you're going to get tutored?

You are a complete idiot not to have one for maths considering your abysmal maths ability.

Tutoring is for anyone who would like to academically extend themselves further. Some people would personally go through tutorings because they are not taught very well at school.

Like the above scenarios, there are tonnes of other reasons why people go thourgh tutoring and it is not your position to say whether tutoring is right for him/her or not.

And what's the point of having teachers? In many Extension subjects, teachers are not necessarily there to 'teach' you. They are there to 'guide' you. Many teachers around the state are under-qualified and the extend of their teaching capacity does not meet the expecation of many students. On top of that, tutors can provide students with some excellent tips that teachers cannot possibly provide.

You will also find that, in general, that many tutors have access to greater resources especially if they are from special tuoring colleges.

I don't see tutoring just as 'tutoring'. I see it as 'extra lessons'. And why it should freaking matter when they are the ones who are paying for tutoring. It's not like you will lose money because of the others tutoring for their benefits.

Judging from here, you are quite hypocritical. You ask your maths questions here and ask others get the solution done. Do you realise that it's not much different from getting tutoring? You do the bloody same thing in tutoring!

Last edited:

Norma.Jean

HSC
I've spent $50 a week on my maths tutor, sometimes he may come twice a week prior to a exam or assessment.
Soooo...you do the math haha because I need my tutor for that :D

Real Madrid

HSC
Hey lyoumanu fuck you, I went on a freaking holiday I didn't want to go on and I did not have the freaking resources or time to engage in any study. Heck, just for you saying that, I'll ship you off to good ol' bosnia and you tell me if you can study. Chances are you'd probably get shot.

And what's the point of having teachers? In many Extension subjects, teachers are not necessarily there to 'teach' you. They are there to 'guide' you. Many teachers around the state are under-qualified and the extend of their teaching capacity does not meet the expecation of many students. On top of that, tutors can provide students with some excellent tips that teachers cannot possibly provide.
Why are teachers called teachers and not guiders?

It's your fault that teachers are 'lazy'. Teachers will assume that you will understand things unless you ask questions. thats why many of them don't explain things, usually because you'll assume your peers will mock you for asking for assistance.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
Hey lyoumanu fuck you, I went on a freaking holiday I didn't want to go on and I did not have the freaking resources or time to engage in any study. Heck, just for you saying that, I'll ship you off to good ol' bosnia and you tell me if you can study. Chances are you'd probably get shot.

Why are teachers called teachers and not guiders?

It's your fault that teachers are 'lazy'. Teachers will assume that you will understand things unless you ask questions. thats why many of them don't explain things, usually because you'll assume your peers will mock you for asking for assistance.
You are an incurable idiot. If you fall behind, it's your task to catch up on missed tasks. That's not an applicable excuse. Don't go to UAC and ask why you got below 30 UAI and present your 'reason' as your excuse. The chance is that you will be ridiculed. Don't blame your lack of academic capacity and potential to trivial issues like that. And, with your retarded brain it is virtually impossible that you can ship me off to somewhere. The most likely scenario is that you will get shot before I do.

And you obviously misread my post, re-read it and please pay attention to the word 'many'. You seem to struggle not only in maths but also in some general subjects like English. Open your non-existent eyes and READ. If you get into the stage of year 11 and year 12, you cannot blame teachers for your poor results. It's your full responsibility and many people offset that by having tutors. And it's not our fault that our teachers are 'lazy'. It's purely due to their circumstances that they are lazy. You are probably one of the few dumbasses who consider tutoring as a last resort for those who fall behind.

Your post is baseless and stupid. Make some decents posts and study some maths instead of posting some random crap.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Aaaaaaaaanyways
Tutoring's a waste of money if you just want to catch up
Catching up is fairly easily done by yourself
Tutoring is to get ahead, or learn more than what you do in class
=)

-tal-

HSC
youngminii said:
Aaaaaaaaanyways
=)
Pretty much. Tutoring isn't catch up. It's learning tings before the school teachers teach them

bubblesss

HSC
youngminii said:
Aaaaaaaaanyways
=)
yep yep:)

chltmddus112

HSC
Real Madrid said:

You know.. I think u need a maths tutor then u won't have to post

"challenging" maths questions.

Real Madrid

HSC
The challenge is getting people's attention. :hammer:

Oh and yes, I caught up. Indeed it is my responsibility.

Heres a challenge:

Intelligence and general smartness are two different things.
If you are intelligent you will find things easy to understand and translate.
Having a tutor 'teach' you doesn't make you intelligent, it just makes you smart.
When it comes to real-life situations, smartness is nothing without application. By saying so, your tutor won't be standing next to you when you do bypass surgery on one's heart.
Improve your intelligence by understanding and asking yourself why?

Einstein was not smart at high school, but he had the potential to think in ways other people couldn't.:hammer:

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i don't know about your schools but my teachers provide tutoring for free from teachers (cause many of our teachers are qualified in multiple feilds. Has anyone considered speaking to your actual teachers. But i also recieve maths tutoring from a friend who is doing his maters in some maths degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)