How to get into Uni overseas ? Like cambridge etc (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
How would you get into a university overseas like cambridge or harvard etc. ?

Would your only chance be to get a UAI of 100? and then applying and hoping for scholarships etc. because i assume the worlds best universities are extremely comptetitive and would only accept the best students from around the world.

Because im not talking about being a full fee paying international student !! lol.

Sofstar

HSC
I don't think you can apply with the HSC. People who wanted to go to university overseas would've done the IB.

I can't answer your question.

amy236

HSC
depends on where you want to go i think.. i wanted to go to yale to do journalism but don't have a chance in hell of getting in.. the american universities have info on admissions on their websites, and i'm pretty sure yale recognises the hsc...

cl3nta

HSC
you need to spend one year at a reputable australian uni and then apply overseas. Your results here will determine if you're able to go overseas.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Isaac Newton said:
I created Harvard, you know.

I could get you in.
lol u funny bastard.

So good uni results, hmm id say a wam of about 95 should do it :bomb:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
nichhhole said:
look dearie..

i've been reading thru ur past posts.. [high IQ blah blah..]
and how you've already done year 12 and are now currently repeating.

Also your thread that questions whether we could all get a UAI of 100.

Perhaps that thread is only out of interests sake..
but something tells me theres a little more behind it.
Now you're questioning how to get into Uni overseas...

from what i gather it seems like you're focusing too much on getting some amazing UAI.. that perhaps isnt in ur reach..[you're having trouble with maths and got a crap UAI last year but now want to get a scholarship into an international university..?]

Why don't u try just doing your best this one last time [don't repeat again :|] not focusing too much on getting 100 or getting into Harvard, CAmbridge/oxford.. just do whatever you can to the best of your ability.
everything works out in the end regardless of whether you get a UAI of 100 or 50..
And yes perhaps the courses you want to get into require a UAI of 99.95.. but constantly redoing the HSC won't get u there [studies have show that ur uai generally decreasess..]..
regardless of whether or not you get into the course you want.. goto uni.. work hard there [in a different environment because school doesnt seem to be working for u if u got a 'crap' UAI..] and then eventually get to where you want to be.

you may find that that place isn't where you want to be anymore..

sorry, iknow i've taken this thread off topic.. but golfpro.. ujust seem like you're expecting too much from urself. [and yes i recognise that people need to have goals beyond their reach, but goals need to be realistic.]
thisis a valid thread.. alot of people are interestedin international universities..
Amen. ILU Nicole.

That said, don't let it deter you from doing what you want to do. Always remember that if you do a slightly lesser course and get good enough marks, you could transfer to what you want to do.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
look dearie..

i've been reading thru ur past posts.. [high IQ blah blah..]
and how you've already done year 12 and are now currently repeating.

Also your thread that questions whether we could all get a UAI of 100.

Perhaps that thread is only out of interests sake..
but something tells me theres a little more behind it.
Now you're questioning how to get into Uni overseas...

from what i gather it seems like you're focusing too much on getting some amazing UAI.. that perhaps isnt in ur reach..[you're having trouble with maths and got a crap UAI last year but now want to get a scholarship into an international university..?]

Why don't u try just doing your best this one last time [don't repeat again :|] not focusing too much on getting 100 or getting into Harvard, CAmbridge/oxford.. just do whatever you can to the best of your ability.
everything works out in the end regardless of whether you get a UAI of 100 or 50..
And yes perhaps the courses you want to get into require a UAI of 99.95.. but constantly redoing the HSC won't get u there [studies have show that ur uai generally decreasess..]..
regardless of whether or not you get into the course you want.. goto uni.. work hard there [in a different environment because school doesnt seem to be working for u if u got a 'crap' UAI..] and then eventually get to where you want to be.

you may find that that place isn't where you want to be anymore..

sorry, iknow i've taken this thread off topic.. but golfpro.. ujust seem like you're expecting too much from urself. [and yes i recognise that people need to have goals beyond their reach, but goals need to be realistic.]
thisis a valid thread.. alot of people are interestedin international universities..
Winnar.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Amen. ILU Nicole.

That said, don't let it deter you from doing what you want to do. Always remember that if you do a slightly lesser course and get good enough marks, you could transfer to what you want to do.
Ditto.
Well said sam <3

golfpro

HSC
N/A
U guys can suck my nuts. Ur all gonna see one day.

I shall rise above you all and then shit on you and prove whos ur daddy.

dont tell me what i cant acheive, 100 uai is definately an acheivable goal for me.

i dont care what you gotta say, because im going to live my life and follow my path and even though its a hard goal to attain, it is very atainable if that person knows that that is what they want.

Im going to get 100 in every subject and get a scholarship to cambridge so suckka me balls :burn:

Realistically i know i can get above 95, but i will definately TRY for 100. so whatever, end of topic end of discussiuon. youll all see when i do it.

not like i care if i prove you all wrong or not because im never going to meet any of you ever.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
golfpro said:
U guys can suck my nuts. Ur all gonna see one day.

I shall rise above you all and then shit on you and prove whos ur daddy.

dont tell me what i cant acheive, 100 uai is definately an acheivable goal for me.

i dont care what you gotta say, because im going to live my life and follow my path and even though its a hard goal to attain, it is very atainable if that person knows that that is what they want.

Im going to get 100 in every subject and get a scholarship to cambridge so suckka me balls :burn:

Realistically i know i can get above 95, but i will definately TRY for 100. so whatever, end of topic end of discussiuon. youll all see when i do it.

not like i care if i prove you all wrong or not because im never going to meet any of you ever.
With an attitude like that, you have no chance of 'proving us all wrong'. If you can't take constructive criticism, let alone criticism itself, then you have a long way to go.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
With an attitude like that, you have no chance of 'proving us all wrong'. If you can't take constructive criticism, let alone criticism itself, then you have a long way to go.
I dont care what you think, i dont care who you are, i dont care if i prove you wrong just bugger off.

I just try and create a thread to answer something specific for my own needs and it turns into a shit fight.

all of you fuck off.

And noir, princeton ey, why there, how ru gonna get there and what do u want to do there?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
golfpro said:
I dont care what you think, i dont care who you are, i dont care if i prove you wrong just bugger off.

I just try and create a thread to answer something specific for my own needs and it turns into a shit fight.

all of you fuck off.

And noir, princeton ey, why there, how ru gonna get there and what do u want to do there?
It isn't a shitfight if you don't want it to be. None of us were hostile towards you, you initiated the hostility towards us.

And if you don't care what we think, why did you post the thread?

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
I like your attitude, your definance..

But who are you trying to convince?
I mean.. in your post you seem to change your stance from
to...

Realistically i know i can get above 95, but i will definately TRY for 100
I was trying to be nice..
just to point out that we all have limitations.
It was constructive criticism. I myself am one who aims high too..
and i think thats great.. essential even.
ie. Browning..'but a man's reach should exceed his grasp or whats heaven for?'...

just taking into consideration all your other posts... ie about doing crap etc.
idon't know you, and yes you know yourself best...

just got ur msg, will reply to msg.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
I like your attitude, your definance..

But who are you trying to convince?
I mean.. in your post you seem to change your stance from

to...

I was trying to be nice..
just to point out that we all have limitations.
It was constructive criticism. I myself am one who aims high too..
and i think thats great.. essential even.
ie. Browning..'but a man's reach should exceed his grasp or whats heaven for?'...

just taking into consideration all your other posts... ie about doing crap etc.
idon't know you, and yes you know yourself best...

just got ur msg, will reply to msg.
my replys are nearly always crude, unethical, un thought of and un cared about.

yes it was all over the place.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
magpam said:
lol im gonna get <30

beat that :p
I find it amazing that the BoS can actually give someone a UAI of 0.00. Imagine getting it and realising that you now are one of the worst people in the state.

SoulSearcher

HSC
bringbackshred said:
I find it amazing that the BoS can actually give someone a UAI of 0.00. Imagine getting it and realising that you now are one of the worst people in the state.
It would probably go to those students who don't do the HSC at all i.e. drop out of school in year 10 or 11 or 12.

SoulSearcher

HSC
magpam said:
are they included in the count?

i had a friend who got 23 thats the lowest ive heard of
Well, they base the UAI on your rank within the Year 10 SC cohort of the past two years, so if you complete the HSC in 2007, then you are ranked according to your position in the Year 10 2005 cohort. So I think the dropouts would count.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Well, they base the UAI on your rank within the Year 10 SC cohort of the past two years, so if you complete the HSC in 2007, then you are ranked according to your position in the Year 10 2005 cohort. So I think the dropouts would count.
I thought that too, but then if they used that logic, they would have to award UAIs to the leavers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)