How to get into Uni overseas ? Like cambridge etc (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
what about those who are eligable for a UAI like ppl who are doing <10 board approved units and those who aren't applying for a UAI at all
i applied for a uai last yr

i only completed 4 units

NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UAI

is what it said on my fkn certificate lol.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
magpam said:
what about those who are eligable for a UAI like ppl who are doing <10 board approved units and those who aren't applying for a UAI at all

i know of a person who is only sitting for 1 hsc subject: english because she didn't want a UAI. She's mainly doing VET subjects and board endorsed courses
They probably won't receive a UAI if they don't have the minimum qualifications.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure that if you get lower than a certain UAI then they don't tell you exactly what it is. At least I remember someone saying that it happened to them.

Nice Bowie Labyrinth avatar btw I've had a strange need to watch that movie for the last month. Must try and track it down these holidays.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i'm not sure what the system is in the US and so forth, but I'm quite sure that in the UK you will pay international student fees at the top unis no matter what, unless you are a citizen and have been residing in the UK for 3 years. by then you can be exempt from int student fees.

cs01001

HSC
From the Oxford website... http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/int/quals.shtml#other

Australia ACT Year 12 Certificate
Higher school certificate (HSC) from New South Wales
Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCE)
South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCAL)
Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)

With a position of 98.5 to 99.5 in the University Admissions Index (UAI) or Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER).

OR

Senior Certificate from Queensland
with an overall position in band 1.

Man, I would be extremely extremely happy if I make it into UNSW, let alone these prestigeous universities.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Golfpro, in reality only a few students can get a UAI of 100, it's just not going to happen for 99.9% of the state (made up figure, but you get my point). While its good to have aspirations and goals, there's a difference between realistic and unrealistic. Your expectations of getting 100% in everything sound just a little too high, give yourself a break.

What are you going to do if you don't reach your 100% in everything goal? I remember replying to your other thread about repeating again - after you've already repeated once after completing it last year - so if you were considering that, it's fair to assume that you arent exactly heading for that 100% in everything for your HSC this year. Are you going to Keep on repeating the HSC until you go insane? Cause you will :p

Honestly, to me it sounds like you need to just get your HSC over and done with and move on with your life. You don't need to get perfect marks. Put it into perspective, there are much more important things.

I'm not having a go at you, so sorry if it has come across that way. I'm not saying you won't get really great marks in your HSC either! It's just that it sounds like you're putting way too much pressure on yourself. Have a look at the website of each university that you're interested in, they would all have different policies on accepting overseas applicants. If you're still unsure, you could always try contacting them. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)