HSC IPT 2007 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
Coming first for the overall assessment is looking really good at the moment. I'm heaps ahead of my competitors. Band 6 will be easier to get!

lilmissloz

HSC
I like IPT and I'm doing quite well in it. It helps that my friend that I sit with is waaay smart when it comes to computers. I think being forced to do Computing Studies in years 9 & 10 has helped a bit.

pookyboy6191

HSC
if my teacher taught me correctly and explained things properly id do a lot better than what i am

blistk

HSC
pookyboy6191 said:
if my teacher taught me correctly and explained things properly id do a lot better than what i am
dont worry about it. in all truth, if you study the textbook , you'll be fine.
what textbook are you all using anyway?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
blistk said:
dont worry about it. in all truth, if you study the textbook , you'll be fine.
what textbook are you all using anyway?
Our class is using the one by Samuel Davis. I absolutely dread reading it, there's so much information packed in ;(.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
I enjoy IPT. Purely due to the relaxation factor. However, there are a number of guys in my class who are computer crazy and know all the intricate details of RAM etc, an area in which I am defunct. It helps them with learning about the Fetch Execute Cycle & has assisted in their assessments although I am still ranked first, hurrah!
By the way I used to hate IPT, I wanted to drop it in Year 11. It's amazing how much one begins to enjoy something when they unexpectedly do really well!

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
IPT is a pretty good subject for me... I managed to bludge and get a Band 6... niiice.

jannny

HSC
6 people at least got band 6 in my year ..

Knowing RAM etc. are not essentially important in doing well in IPT, moreoever they're more focused on applying these concepts on the real thing, - anyone agree ?

btw I didnt essentially bludge but I didnt worked my arse off either lols so im in the middle

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
jannny said:
6 people at least got band 6 in my year ..

Knowing RAM etc. are not essentially important in doing well in IPT, moreoever they're more focused on applying these concepts on the real thing, - anyone agree ?

btw I didnt essentially bludge but I didnt worked my arse off either lols so im in the middle
Do you mean the social and ethical issues surrounding every information system ?
Or successfully identifying the purpose, participants, data and not just the information technology i.e. hardware/software such as RAM ?

W

watters.

IPT is not hard, as long as you know the terms and a way to make up some social, ethical and technical issues you are pretty much fine! (btw, the person who came top of my class came third in the state)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
The ease of IPT being said, this year's test completely threw me. The last question had me going "WTF?!?!" and freaking out.

That, plus the fact that I accidentally answered two questions in one booklet.:eek: Considering my class only had six people in it, I could feel everyone staring at me and sniggering quietly into their own booklets. So embarrassing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)