i am screwed! (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
last night i decided to change my 4u idea...this is my EIGHT major concept...and i have trials next week so i basically can't start writing until less than two weeks before the 4u is due!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
no, im doing a film script, but it still means im screwed. but i need to, my last idea (about the seventh main idea ive head) i realised was absolutely shithouse boring. but my new idea can take me somewhere now, and i actually really like the idea. it just depends how i write it out. and i got 15/15 for my second viva voce so im kind of motivated at the moment...

im just avoiding for 4u teacher for the next few weeks in fear of her murdering me. which would probably happened. she was a little annoyed when i changed my idea two months ago.

dissonance

well they say seven is a lucky number...

its symmetrical
lots of book of revelations symbolism...

we only had one viva assessment, but Viva's aren't that hard to prepare for anyway...as long as you have an idea to talk about I guess...

psychotic

JOHNSON- about your major work!

Hey Johnson,

I suggest you scream out for help NOW! And do your work during the trials whilst studying for everything else. Cause I am doing ext 2 and did a major work last year for another hsc subject and know how u feel. And without my e2 teacher I don't know where I would be. I am behind myself and also stressing. And I have just finished my Viva voce and on the thing I said I would do better next time is'SCREAM EARLY!' so you better scream before its too late. Go and talk to people, listen to the radio and talk to all the english teachers at your school. Once you tell your teacher it will be easy for you to face her and the major work.

Best wishes,

from the Psycho.

Morgues

2 weeks is plenty, i have done just about every major assignment in 2 nights.......sure it builds up stress and you have a few sleepless nights but in the end I find I produce better work then most people who spend months on it due to the extra pressure

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
well they say seven is a lucky number...

its symmetrical
lots of book of revelations symbolism...

we only had one viva assessment, but Viva's aren't that hard to prepare for anyway...as long as you have an idea to talk about I guess...
...okay! i guess that's good, cos for my va major work im doing the seven deadly sins...

as for viva, we had two, cos the teachers thought t'd be extra fun to do two. and i was really surprised that i did so well, considering that at one point i was so dumbfucked i said "what the hell" to one of the quesions (we were given two q's we could prepare, 2 impromptu ones) and at the end of the thingy i actually APOLOGISED to the markers for being so nervous...that is one thing you're NEVER EVER supposed to do, but being stupid me i went ahead and did it...

so im a happy chappy at the moment.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Re: JOHNSON- about your major work!

Originally posted by psychotic
Hey Johnson,

I suggest you scream out for help NOW! And do your work during the trials whilst studying for everything else. Cause I am doing ext 2 and did a major work last year for another hsc subject and know how u feel. And without my e2 teacher I don't know where I would be. I am behind myself and also stressing. And I have just finished my Viva voce and on the thing I said I would do better next time is'SCREAM EARLY!' so you better scream before its too late. Go and talk to people, listen to the radio and talk to all the english teachers at your school. Once you tell your teacher it will be easy for you to face her and the major work.

Best wishes,

from the Psycho.
hehe thanks!!

well, i think that a huge part of the 4u mw is the journal cos u actually hand that iin, and ive got two hugeass mothers of journals full of detailed research and stuff like that.
i have 5 bloody exams for trials and i really only started seriously, actually, studying on about sunday or mondauy (the one that was one or two days ago). so im kinda worried.

but the good thing is that i finish my trials on the second monday, (im the first person in my grade to finish trials!! woohoo!!) so i basically have those four days, plus another week and a half to complete my major work. everythings been done, ive finished the majority of my research, got a fairly solid concept.

all that remains is to write it

and since im doing a film script, its okay, ive already written two complete scripts in 4u (for past ideas which i scrapped), each written in one night, and although they were shit i still have the 12 or so days to edit it.

well i coldn't actally tell my ex 2 teachers before (the hols), cos we have two right, one went on long service leave immediately after we finished our second vivas, and the other was really sick for the rest of term (and will be away until after trials finish), so basically the other class who have this teacher are really fucked.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Morgues
2 weeks is plenty, i have done just about every major assignment in 2 nights.......sure it builds up stress and you have a few sleepless nights but in the end I find I produce better work then most people who spend months on it due to the extra pressure
FULLY AGREE!!!

the 'best' of my 'talent' comes out late at night after countless cups of coffee and god knows what else, at about 2 or 3 am at night and you're like "AHA! got you u sonovabitch!". none of my [many] ideas have been conceived when i am sane in the day. i am a night owl (which is really bad for studying cos i get home, sleep for a few hours, wake up, have dinner, watch tv and then start studying at about 9 or 10. im lucky to go to bed at 3 these days. then im shitfucked at school though!)

dissonance

yeah I'm a night owl too. I work so much better late at night...probably cause there is less distractions...but I dunno, creativity doesn't come to me as much when I'm tired. mmmm, unless I'm already on a roll.....

saying that....getting up in the morning is seriously the worst part of school. I would rather work for 3-4 hours than have to get up in the morning....urgh

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh i agree with u dissonance, waking up is such a bitch, but sleeping late is so good so it takes precedence! (okay i have no idea what that meant)

anyway luckily its good for me that i have something like..30 periods a fortnight, or almost 50 free's a fortnight, cos im such a bludger. on mondays i dont have to turn up till 2:30, so i usually don't bother going to school. and wed's are two-period days for me so there's another excuse to bludge. and every second friday i can leave at 11am. so in any given fortnight, i dont *really* have to be at school 5 out of 10 days. :D

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Johnson, you are sooo brave! I wanted to change my major work about three months ago but was too scared cause i thought i didnt have enought time and my teacher would have paper-cut me to death with all my rough drafts!

Just wondering if anyone has done what i did last week, work through the entire night and gone to school with out any sleep? Not fun!

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
Having an all-nighter

Last Minute is my middle name

Although i've come close a few times, I've only had one all-nighter... it was for physics... i didnt even finish wat i was workin on... i was rushing to school and doing work on printouts all the way to school... lol that was bad...

With this major work i think i'll experience a couple more of these nights... :(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
ha! a couple of nights! i should be so lucky, since im not planning to really start my major work till two weeks for its due, i'll be up all night for at least 10 nights going crazy!

though i can't say i like all nighters, in the morning when you have to piss-bolt for the bus, you feel like you're gonna chuck every second. then on the bus, *bump* *bump* *bump*. you have to make such an effort to prevent your insides from exploding through your mouth...urgh

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
Well in the two weeks after the trials i have half my major work to still do, a chem assessment, an english 2u assessment and a 3u assessment

might need to bludge a couple of days jus to get the work done to a bare minimum

kannonboy

hey dissonance what's your radio drama on? I took the soft option and wrote a crime fiction radio play (c.f is my 3unit topic as well) :D

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Speaking of taking the soft option, the theme of the short stories for my major work is 'celebrating change' so i am realllly hoping we get asked to write a short story for the creative part!
A friend of mine also did her major work on 'how the media represents the truth' and has her fingers crossed for a speech in that section!

|MiKKi|

LAST MINUTEEEEE

i am nowhere near finished my 4unit!!!!
it will be, like evrything else in my life seems 2 b, a last minute thing....
& of course the lata i do, it the betta it is...Y IS THAT?!?!?!
i also hav 2 do my 3unit history major work which i hav hardly touched so im tha same boat and even worse!!!!!!!!

Alex

At least most of you guys have literature to deal with. My video is about 40% filmed atm and about 10% edited. If there is someone that is behind, I believe it is mwa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)