"I don't read club" (1 Viewer)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
I'm listening to the greatest showman soundtrack rn and it's so good you should watch it

alanainpain06

HSC
These are all in my opinion and highly debatable. But I'd thought I'd put this out here to prove that the book is not always better than the movie:

Times the movie has been better than the book (in @HazzRat's opinion):

Hamilton
View attachment 40740

The Shining
View attachment 40741

American psycho
View attachment 40742

These are the only ones in which I've read both the book and movie and found the movie better.

Hamilton is just a boring American history biography. The Independence Hall tour in Philadelphia I went to was better than it. That is not to say it wasn't a bad biography, in fact it was probably the best one I've read. It's just all biographies get really dull by the fith chapter and the author always has to make it a massive thing instead of a short-and-sweet endevour.

The Shining book was good (by Steven King) but the movie is just a classic so it's hard to beat. The book is really completely different. Jack is Irish as opposed to black???

The American Psycho book is just a boring ass 80's white-collar drama. Long dialogue, not much happens. And the film is a classic (don't look at the Rotten Tomatoes reviews, look at the audience scores). One and a half hours is the perfect length to watch a story about a psyhopath, a book just feels too long when you've got no connection to the character. + in my signature I'm future Patrick Bateman so I just had to give it a plug.
I like American Psycho because Christian Bale is hot

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
actually you should watch all of the star wars films
even the sequels

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
the prequels are my favourite :jedi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)