I Hate The School of Policy! (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Craig said:
well Merethrond I agree with you, the school of policy is gay. I had my first microeconomics I exam and section 2 was just stupid. Thank god half of my marks came from multiple choice, which was relatively simple. If it wasn’t for that my mark would be really bad
you know your mark already?..or am i totally reading wrong? lol

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
you know your mark already?..or am i totally reading wrong? lol
lol, in this case you're reading it wrong, but my wording was way ambiguous. Stupid sociology is playing with my head. I know I did somewhat decent in multiple choice though (say about 17/20) so I *should* scrape a high pass or low credit. Was it just me or was the wording of the questions a bit wierd? I know that disequilibrium question took me by surprise and I was to lazy to learn how to calculate elasticity of demand so I totally stuffed that section up. Thankgod for the economic loss question though.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
nah..the wording seemed ok to me..but i know a lot of people complained about it..

that disequilibrium question totally threw me too lol..but i think i got it right..but i was fine with elasticity of demand..it's always % change of quantity/ % change in other variable :)

can't remember an economic loss question..although i'm not really trying hard to think of it..perhaps you had a different paper to me? i had version B

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
nah..the wording seemed ok to me..but i know a lot of people complained about it..

that disequilibrium question totally threw me too lol..but i think i got it right..but i was fine with elasticity of demand..it's always % change of quantity/ % change in other variable :)

can't remember an economic loss question..although i'm not really trying hard to think of it..perhaps you had a different paper to me? i had version B
oh sweet well at least i'm not the only one.

lol, yeh i had to ponder that disequilibrium question for ages. I think I got it right in the end though.

God damn you know your formulas, i'm so jealous of you at this present moment.

Yeah I had paper A so yeah you might not have had to do it. It was pretty simple though, since I did it for the tutorial questions.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
oh im so not looking forward to micro next sem or next year whenever i can b bothered to do it

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
macro is apparently heaps worse. micro isnt that bad if you can interpret the graphs.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
not really. it might prove beneficial, since macro looks at the whole economy, while micro is pretty specific. that wouldnt be a bad background of knowledge to have really. also if you pass macro you can be pretty sure you'll pass micro

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Craig said:
Yeah I just managed to get it done. As I finished writing my tutor said pens down. With that said though I got caught out in one question and wasn't able to complete that fully. Damn econ exams are pushy with there time limits.
Yeah, I had a whinge to my Lecturer/Tutor today about the short time limits:D.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Craig said:
macro is apparently heaps worse. micro isnt that bad if you can interpret the graphs.
Yeah, Macroeconomics is a fair bit harder. It is also tough having a Lecturer that doesn't know what she is talking about and can't speak English properly:p.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
um well i know i find one econ subject a semester hard enough, but thats just me. it's up to you really. remember though if you withdraw before the census date you don't incur any financial penalty so yeh you can see what there both like and decide if you can handle both of them in one semester

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, I had a whinge to my Lecturer/Tutor today about the short time limits:D.
ooops I just noticed this post. oh nice work. I think i'll be doing the same next week.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, Macroeconomics is a fair bit harder. It is also tough having a Lecturer that doesn't know what she is talking about and can't speak English properly:p.
it is? grrrreat..

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Merethrond said:
No. My UAI was 67.3:(.
yeah but your marks at uni were awesome. they had to be so you could transfer to finance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)