MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeh so u could just stick with the normal red laser dvd burners
they're not even out in aus anyway

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
i think taht you wont have a choice.. its either going to be blue ray.. or that other new format.. and they will phase out the current format.
Both new formats have large companies behind them.. so its going be be a war between the two.
I also read that blue ray discs will be able to be made out of corn to be environmentaly friendly - and it was not a joke!!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
sunny said:
The first DVD burners were also a few grand :eek:
haha yep, and discs were like $20 each or something weren't they?

i remember when we got our first CD burner, someone at my mums work told her that a computer store in chatswood had 10 blank CDs for $30 so we drove out there jus to buy them lol cause it was so cheap back then

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
JimmyK said:
i think taht you wont have a choice.. its either going to be blue ray.. or that other new format.. and they will phase out the current format.

Both new formats have large companies behind them.. so its going be be a war between the two.
yeh i belive that given 5 years or so DVDs will have reached a peak and started declining while CDs are rarely used. I think that the Blu ray discs or thier competitor HD DVD , will start to slowly take over. after all , out computer file sizes are getting larger and larger. I dont even bother to store television episodes on CDs becuase they can only take up 3 roughly

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
haha yep, and discs were like $20 each or something weren't they?

i remember when we got our first CD burner, someone at my mums work told her that a computer store in chatswood had 10 blank CDs for $30 so we drove out there jus to buy them lol cause it was so cheap back then

yeh when the DVD R discs came out they were like $10 each? werent they? i read that it doesnt cost much more to produce blue ray discs , same price as DVDs so basically that $20 price range is just a way for the companies to make maximum profit, they will start declining as more and more blue ray disks start coming out into the market

DVD burners i remember were $1200+ . not computer though, now the non computer ones are like 150-200 dollars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)